Kyle Vanden Bosch

pinksheets

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3bkii9r0 said:
Isnt he old enough to be half of our rosters grandfather?
If he were on the Seahawks last year the camera would have zoomed in on him and identified him as DC Gus Bradley.

The guy has done somewhat well mostly due to Suh and Avril, I don't think he's at all the solution to our problem.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
He would look smashing as the title of a thread in the NFL Forum, that's for certain.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
He's turning 35 next season and he's had less than 5 sacks in 4 of the past 5 seasons. KVB is a run stopper so NO he is not a fit.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Guys, as I understand it, Sammy Baugh is no longer with the Redskins. He's got experience as a QB and punter, so maybe his versatility would make him an ideal addition (plus, we could get rid of Flynn's contract).

What do you think?

NYCoug

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2tfaqcri said:
He would look smashing as the title of a thread in the NFL Forum, that's for certain.

For real. If I were a MOD, I'd have thrown someone through a fish tank by now. I thought being a MOD was the most thankless, selfless, masochistic job imaginable and that was during the REGULAR season...

The Offseason... my god, I'd hand in my letter of resignation every year once the season ends. Kinda like breaking up with a girl right before her birthday, Christmas, or Valentine's Day. Speaking of which...

Bipolar

Reaction score
I think Kyle Van den Bosch is a great player an he has the skill to strengthen any NFL team.

that said, not at the price tag his agent wants to see...

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
A little long in the tooth for my preference. I think I'd rather see this team maintain it's youthfull enthusiasm... We've gone down the road of over-the-hill and worn-out free agents too many times before.

Dren

Reaction score
I say give us Osi on the D-line and steer clear from Kyle Vanden Bosch. Hasn't Osi stated before that he would love to play in Seattle?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Does he come with one of those super strength 'attachments' that Bruce Wayne used in TDKR?

Hawks46

Reaction score
If we're going to sign someone old, I'd rather sign Osi Umenyiora (hell no I can't spell it)

OR

Dwight Freeney. He isn't a fit in the Colts 3-4 scheme, but I'd be willing to bet he'd look pretty good in our elephant. I highly doubt Clemmons will be ready at the beginning of the season. We either need to draft someone, put Irvin over there and live with some more growing pains (not a bad option...our defense was still good without pass rush), or sign a FA. I think Freeney could fill the elephant roll until Clemmons is really healthy, then occasionally swap sides and rotate in.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Hawks46":j3gkmdym said:
If we're going to sign someone old, I'd rather sign Osi Umenyiora (hell no I can't spell it)

OR

Dwight Freeney. He isn't a fit in the Colts 3-4 scheme, but I'd be willing to bet he'd look pretty good in our elephant. I highly doubt Clemmons will be ready at the beginning of the season. We either need to draft someone, put Irvin over there and live with some more growing pains (not a bad option...our defense was still good without pass rush), or sign a FA. I think Freeney could fill the elephant roll until Clemmons is really healthy, then occasionally swap sides and rotate in.

I thought about Freeney but the Colts did pay quite a bit to keep Mathis so maybe they'll pay up to retain Freeney as well? I don't think he would do anything against the run though besides get steamrolled.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
NYCoug":4mu908z1 said:
bestfightstory":4mu908z1 said:

For real. If I were a MOD, I'd have thrown someone through a fish tank by now. I thought being a MOD was the most thankless, selfless, masochistic job imaginable and that was during the REGULAR season...

The Offseason... my god, I'd hand in my letter of resignation every year once the season ends. Kinda like breaking up with a girl right before her birthday, Christmas, or Valentine's Day. Speaking of which...

And this......imagine what's to become of our main forum when teams really start cutting players.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
I rather get some one that can pass rush. KVB is a run stopper. I would like a vet who can teach Bruce something different that Clemons teaches. Bring in Osi.

benbu75

Reaction score
12th_Bob":2ufxd4i2 said:
Hawks46":2ufxd4i2 said:

OR

I thought about Freeney but the Colts did pay quite a bit to keep Mathis so maybe they'll pay up to retain Freeney as well? I don't think he would do anything against the run though besides get steamrolled.

Picking up a 30+ year old Dlineman is something you talk bout at the end of an offseason, not the beginning. Freeney is old and had very little impact for the Colts this year. KVB is ancient and has seen diminished stats for several years now.