Browns release Frostee Rucker, DE

thehands816

Reaction score
At 29, obviously not a long term answer, but could help out in the rotation. He was their top defensive free agent target last offseason, and they released him because he's not a fit in their switch to a 3-4 and he was due a bonus.

We NEED depth at the DE spot. Worth taking a look at him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_ ... tee-rucker

Sac

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":3s3c6jvi said:
Per pro football focus, Solid run defender but offered little (21 QB disruptions) in passing game.

Ah, but was he always com-Pete-ing in Cleveland?

OP
OP
thehands816

thehands816

Reaction score
Go back and look at Chris Clemons' age and stats before he came here and after he came here. No one expected him to produce the way he has. I'm not saying Rucker can come in and do the same, but who knows what he can accomplish here? Even if he only ends up being solid depth, it's a good pick up. But what if he comes out of his shell like Clemons did? Again, I'm not saying Rucker will come in and take over for Clemons and rack up 10 sacks. They seem to be different styled players. But he could be a good addition.

http://www.nfl.com/player/chrisclemons/2505312/profile

http://www.nfl.com/player/frosteerucker/2506908/profile

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":30g7t27y said:
Per pro football focus, Solid run defender but offered little (21 QB disruptions) in passing game.

I don't know anything about this guy. Would he be a good depth pickup for Red Bryant then? Especially considering Red's health issues?

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
This staff has proven that they have no interest in filling out their depth chart with retreads Rucker's age who get released one year into a big money contract due to lack of production. They fill it out with young, hungry, athletic prospects with some upside (ex: Scruggs). You won't see Rucker wearing Seahawk blue.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Rucker was under Pete at USC so I would not be surprised if he was brough in. 28 is not old, he will not be looking for big money as he has a carrer best 4 sacks in a season. He did have a plenty of tackels behind the line and qb pressures and to me that's almost as good as a sack.

Rat

Reaction score
Pete/Schneider can occasionally bring in a guy who isn't 22 years old and not have it contradict their philosophy. They've done a great job putting together their core, now they just need to fit a few small pieces in before this team is really championship caliber. I'm not saying that Frostee is one of those guys (although we obviously need to do something on the D-Line), but even teams like the Patriots, Packers, and Ravens, who have built their teams through the drafts have brought in seasoned vets here and there.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1xsjrrk8 said:
This staff has proven that they have no interest in filling out their depth chart with retreads Rucker's age who get released one year into a big money contract due to lack of production. They fill it out with young, hungry, athletic prospects with some upside (ex: Scruggs). You won't see Rucker wearing Seahawk blue.

Rucker = Lawrence Jackson.

chihawk

Reaction score
Pete recruited and coached him for three years, so he knows him very well. This is one of those situations where you just have to trust him in the decisions. If they go after him then you know Pete likes him and he could be a good fit for the team. If they don't pursue him, it's for a good reason.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Pats comparison is very good. They draft well, and probably do the best job in the league of picking up aging veterans and getting good production out of them.