NFCwest Home/Away schedule

Hawk4lyfe

Reaction score
was looking at next seasons scheduel and how is that SF gets the tougher opponents at home? like the nfl wants them to win the division? maybe the pot is just making me paranoid. Hope SF misses the playoffs altogether..

NFC WEST

1. San Francisco 49ers

Home: Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Green Bay Packers, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts
Away: Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Washington Redskins, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans

2. Seattle Seahawks

Home: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Minnesota Vikings, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans
Away: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New York Giants, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts

3. St. Louis Rams

Home: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans
Away: Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts

4. Arizona Cardinals

Home: St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts
Away: St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Philadelphia Eagles, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans

The Outfield

Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately the Niners and Cards have easier-away/harder-home schedules while the Hawks and Rams have the opposite.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Oh lawd, that home schedule looks NICE.

@Houston is the only game I see giving the Seahawks fits.

Everything else I personally, am not worried about.

Hold onto your butts.

JKent82

Reaction score
Hawk4lyfe":3iggjlkj said:
was looking at next seasons scheduel and how is that SF gets the tougher opponents at home? like the nfl wants them to win the division? maybe the pot is just making me paranoid. Hope SF misses the playoffs altogether..

To be fair we had an probably had an easier home/away set up this year than SF. Specifically we got New England and Green Bay at home, they pulled road games for each.

HawkHack

Reaction score
That is odd. Based on regular-season records, and ignoring the common NFCW opponents we all play:

SF/Home: 13-3 + 7-9 + 11-5 + 12-4 + 11-5 = 54-26 = 0.675
SF/Away: 7-9 + 7-9 + 10-6 + 2-14 + 6-10 = 32-48 = 0.400

SEA/Home: 7-9 + 7-9 + 10-6 + 2-14 + 6-10 = 32-48 = 0.400
SEA/Away: 13-3 + 7-9 + 9-7 + 12-4 + 11-5 = 54-28 = 0.659

STL/Home: 7-9 + 7-9 + 10-6 + 2-14 + 6-10 = 32-48 = 0.400
STL/Away: 13-3 + 7-9 + 8-8 + 12-4 + 11-6 = 51-30 = 0.630

ARZ/Home: 13-3 + 7-9 + 4-12 + 12-4 + 11-5 = 47-33 = 0.588
ARZ/Away: 7-9 + 7-9 + 4-12 + 2-14 + 6-10 = 26-54 = 0.325

Based on this,

Home
----
SF 0.675
ARZ 0.588
SEA 0.400
STL 0.400

Away
----
SEA 0.659
STL 0.630
SF 0.400
ARZ 0.325

[Edit: The good news is that this looks like an 8-0 schedule at home for the good guys.]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
We got more tough opponents at home than the 49ers did this year. Hello, the 49ers had to travel to Green Bay and New England? Things change up from year to year, I see no problem with this.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Teams change from year to year. New Orlean will be a bitch to play because they have something to prove and IIRC, SF beat them last year so that will likely be a Saints win.

Tampa Bay and Minnesota are on the upswing, and if the Vikings have a good draft, they will be really dangerous.

If Jake Locker and CJ2K get their acts together, the Titans could be a real problem for opposing teams. They have talent on the defense, they just need the offense to step up. With
Kenny Britt and Kendall Wright, they have the makings of a good passing offense.

Of these 5 away games, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New York Giants, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, the only one I am really worried about is Houston. I see us beating Atlanta, Carolina, New York and Indianapolis.

That's the beauty of our team getting passed over for ROY and other awards, they will only be that much more motivated next year. Of course if we get DeAndre Hopkins or Khasim Greene, will we have an OROY or DROY of the year candidate right there. It would blow me away if we got both :)

djb28

Reaction score
I think our Schedule looks pretty good. We played tougher teams this past year!

HawkFreak

Reaction score
The AWAY schedule for the Hawks doesn't seem nearly as tough and "scary" as previous years.

Not necessarily because of who the opponents are...but because of who the Hawks are becoming.

Winners away from home - a team that is beginning to believe what their leader (RW) believes - that they can beat anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Axx

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":26oq6582 said:

As much as i defend Giacomini and talk about his improvement, he's going to get torn up by JJ watt.
But we are better than Houston in all phases of the game except for the d-line off course.
O-line is about equal. Our QB is far better than overrated Shaub, our secondary is light years better, Lynch is better, and they get a slight edge in WR for having Johnson.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Only gripe I have is Atlanta should have to play in Seattle this time.

grizbob

Reaction score
WTF??!! We don't get to go to Chicago??!! :mrgreen: :3: :th2thumbs:

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1mtj67io said:
Only gripe I have is Atlanta should have to play in Seattle this time.

Based on what? We played them in Seattle last season (2011)

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Axx":2d7gb3ek said:
SouthSoundHawk":2d7gb3ek said:

As much as i defend Giacomini and talk about his improvement, he's going to get torn up by JJ watt.
But we are better than Houston in all phases of the game except for the d-line off course.
O-line is about equal. Our QB is far better than overrated Shaub, our secondary is light years better, Lynch is better, and they get a slight edge in WR for having Johnson.

Houston's secondary is actually on the upswing, they signed Jonathan Joseph from the Bengals.

Their offensive line pass protects better they allowed 27 sacks with an immobile quarter, we gave up 33 despite having Russ.

Not saying the Hawks can't win the game, but Houston is much better than given credit for. They struggled at the end of the year but injuries had quite a bit to do with that, the first part of the season they were beating really good teams.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
It's hard to determine what team's going to step it up from year to year. We can look at the schedule right now and say that it looks fairly easy.

I wouldn't be shocked to see some of the teams that sucked last year like the Panthers come back strong.

That Texans game could be a great matchup. I hope that we get at least 3 prime time games though, and not that Thursday night crap

drdiags

Reaction score
Guess I don't agree with those who think ATL and NYG on the road are not a concern. Love the confidence but unless the pass rush is improved big time, these teams will still carve up the pass defense. Think Detroit, Miami and ATL and others from this year.

The Seahawks beat the NY Giants with TJack/Whitehurst but Eli and Cruz were tearing these guys up back then. I would at least list them as a team to be concerned with as a potential loss.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
djb28":18b5hvai said:
I think our Schedule looks pretty good. We played tougher teams this past year!

I agree. Much, much tougher this past season. Not to mention the first three divisional games being on the road. It's amazing we won 11 games. I think we will win this division next season no matter what the other NFCW teams have to face.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
After this year I don't care about home and away. I say the tougher the road schedule the better we are in the post season. We will survive it and be better for it. Bring it on!