Season Ticket Prices Increasing

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Just got an email from the Hawks saying that ticket prices are going up an average of 7% next year. Can't say I'm particularly surprised. They could raise prices 25 percent and still sell out the stadium right now. This is definitely a seller's market.

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
Mine didn't go up that much ($60) and I completely understand why they did it.

Stadium is going to be awesome next season!

Seaswab

Reaction score
Not too bad. Im excited about some of the improvements they are making that they mentioned in the email.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty unhappy, but I'm in Charter A and my per game price jumped from $100 this year to $125 next year. That's a ridiculous increase...

lukerguy

Reaction score
I put in a request for season tickets months ago. Not sure if I'll be able to get any.

Any ideas what the "most available" seats are?

I've heard there are equity type seats where you put $XXXX down and then pay your season ticket price. That's what I'd be most interested in. I've heard the nest is impossible, which is okay with me. Any idea if there is a waiting list, and if so, how long?

camdawg

Reaction score
BocciHawk":2xvfuhii said:
Yeah, I'm pretty unhappy, but I'm in Charter A and my per game price jumped from $100 this year to $125 next year. That's a ridiculous increase...

Wow....that means you bought in during the "bad years". Some thanks, huh?? Only reason my family's tickets in a similar area are "only" going up 15 percent is we've had them a long time.

This is why the owners deserved no sympathy in their last battle with the players...they are just as ruthless.

lukerguy

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3oywrcog said:

I'll take them :D

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
If I don't upgrade, mine went up ~$30 for the season. I can handle that.

If I upgrade it went from a $350 jump to a $400 jump...

Seahawk Fan Problems...

Riley12

Reaction score
My Charter B seats went up by $150 a seat (15%) this year. I think we were about due, though, because we have had
some of the lowest year-to-year increases in the Stadium. It seems like I've been paying an even $100 per seat per game for a long time.

It also boils down to $15 per seat per game, which isn't too bad. I just wish the preseason games were half price (or free!).

drdiags

Reaction score
Mine went up by 10% or $100.00 for 2 seats. $5.00/game per seat. One less beer, if I go. Another year protecting this house. Suck it rival fans. Hee hee ...

Cartire

Reaction score
For those of us that dont get the sweet season ticket holder emails, what improvements were mentioned?

BocciHawk

Reaction score
lukerguy":2kl07k74 said:
I put in a request for season tickets months ago. Not sure if I'll be able to get any.

I've heard there are equity type seats where you put $XXXX down and then pay your season ticket price. That's what I'd be most interested in. I've heard the nest is impossible, which is okay with me. Any idea if there is a waiting list, and if so, how long?

Sort of. The team sold licenses when the stadium was being built. They are all gone, the team doesn't have any anymore, but they are resold on the secondary market. They can be transferred once per season through the Seahawks. It happens occasionally that a Seahawks ticket rep hears of someone who wants to sell their licenses (PSL) and they'll help someone else out with buying the PSL and doing the transfer, but other than that, it's something you'd have to track down yourself. PSL ran from $3000 on the high end to $2000 on the low end, I think. That's a license for 30 years, and we just finished the 11th season... so you'd think they'd be worth a bit less, but that doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen on the secondary market.

FWIW the Seahawks will act as escrow i.e. you can sign an agreement to purchase, the seller signs the same agreement, you confirm with the Seahawks that they do in fact own those PSL and that the Seahawks will transfer the license to you contingent on payment, and then you pay them.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
camdawg":2pj96fk4 said:
BocciHawk":2pj96fk4 said:

Wow....that means you bought in during the "bad years". Some thanks, huh?? Only reason my family's tickets in a similar area are "only" going up 15 percent is we've had them a long time.

This is why the owners deserved no sympathy in their last battle with the players...they are just as ruthless.

Yes, I had season tickets for a couple of seasons before Holmgren arrived...

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
My first year was Holmgren's first year as coach back in '99. Last year in the Kingdome, $25 a pop. Those were the days....

lukerguy

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3ia4vct3 said:
lukerguy":3ia4vct3 said:

Sort of. The team sold licenses when the stadium was being built. They are all gone, the team doesn't have any anymore, but they are resold on the secondary market. They can be transferred once per season through the Seahawks. It happens occasionally that a Seahawks ticket rep hears of someone who wants to sell their licenses (PSL) and they'll help someone else out with buying the PSL and doing the transfer, but other than that, it's something you'd have to track down yourself. PSL ran from $3000 on the high end to $2000 on the low end, I think. That's a license for 30 years, and we just finished the 11th season... so you'd think they'd be worth a bit less, but that doesn't seem to be the case, from what I've seen on the secondary market.

FWIW the Seahawks will act as escrow i.e. you can sign an agreement to purchase, the seller signs the same agreement, you confirm with the Seahawks that they do in fact own those PSL and that the Seahawks will transfer the license to you contingent on payment, and then you pay them.

Excellent information. I am very appreciative! Any idea what the best avenue for getting a hold of the secondary market? Is the PSL attached to the exact seats?

Thanks,
Luke

Tivopaul

Reaction score
BocciHawk":7dek2jfs said:

I don't think it is a 30 year license for the Charter seats....I think it is as long as the Seahawks play in that stadium....

http://web2.seahawks.com/SubContent.aspx?SecID=53