Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Lions release Titus Young
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:28 am 
NET Veteran

Young's recent decisions cause me to look the other way.

I say, don't bother.

Let him be some other team's new headache.

Moved to Seattle in 1980. Hawks fan for 34 years and counting.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:55 am 
NET Veteran

Young is not a #1 receiver. Hes not better then Rice. Why would we add another #2 receiver? We need a #1 plain and simple. We dont need more #2's.

Wallace or Draft. Thats the options unless someone else enters free agency.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:21 pm 
* Gangnameister *

If he clears waivers, bring him in for pre-season. Either he proves that he's better than all the crazy talk and drama he's become known for or he's simply food for Sherm and BB. Either way we win.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

I feel like the people that are in the "what the heck, give him a shot" camp haven't fully looked into this guy. He's beyond the typical kind-of-difficult player, he's an absolute nightmare. Not only has he done all the things he's accused of, but he's not apologetic at all and is still running his mouth on twitter almost daily. It's one thing if you have a player who's had issues and trying to turn things around, Titus is not that guy. I don't want this guy anywhere NEAR this team, absolutely hell no.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:05 pm 
* Gangnameister *

NinjaHawk wrote:
I feel like the people that are in the "what the heck, give him a shot" camp haven't fully looked into this guy. He's beyond the typical kind-of-difficult player, he's an absolute nightmare. Not only has he done all the things he's accused of, but he's not apologetic at all and is still running his mouth on twitter almost daily. It's one thing if you have a player who's had issues and trying to turn things around, Titus is not that guy. I don't want this guy anywhere NEAR this team, absolutely hell no.

Please refer to "White, LenDale" for a case study on how this team handles divas who refuse to buy in. I have exactly ZERO concern of this guy coming in and poisioning our locker room. I'd say it's more likely that our locker room reforms him.

Either that or he's food for Sherm and BB, so either way we win.

seriously though, I can picture him trying his little diva act in our locker room, having the room beat the crap out of him and throwing him out the back door of the VMAC. ZERO concerns.......

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:30 pm 
NET Veteran

@JasonLaCanfora: The Rams claimed WR Titus Young, who was waived by the Lions on Monday.

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:30 pm 
NET Veteran

The Rams just claimed him on waivers

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:37 pm 
NET Veteran

I still think the way the lions mismanage personnel is partially to blame for the way things fell apart with this guy. That's not an "Aw poor Young! He just needs heeeeelp!" remark from a bleeding heart. But these guys are young kids who've been given a lot of money and put on a big stage. If managed poorly these guys completely fall apart. Luckily it takes a lot of earned respect and proven ability to be on the staff of a team managing players in the NFL, they don't just hand those jobs out. If not, I'm sure we'd see so many more cases similar to this where these guys are out of control.

I happen to think the Lions just do a bad job of managing these guys. Young isn't the only case whatsoever on the lion's roster who's had issues. Look at last offseason, it seems like there were number of guys on their roster who acted out. Jim Schwartz claims to have a 'zero tolerance' policy, then goes right out and defends Suh whenever his complete disregard for character shows through. Inconsistency and mismanagement is no way to handle these guys.

I have questions about his usefulness to the seahawks becuase of 1.) his size - we don't need another baldwin/tate type body on the team and if we did we'd keep butler unless Young came in and was amazing and 2.) as someone said he's not a #1 guy.

But I'm also not against bringing him in for a look just because he has character issues. Sometimes guys need a change of scenery to establish a new perspective. And sometimes they will squander that chance, in which case you cut bait and move on, but you risk very little just taking a look.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:39 pm 
NET Veteran

Guess it's moot now. If anyone can take a guy and either get him to act right, or have no problem dropping him like a bad habit it's Jeff Fisher.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:21 pm 
NET Veteran

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Per @jthom1, the Rams have claimed ex-Lions WR Titus Young off waivers. I'm told they're the only club that put in a claim on him.

Follow me on twitter: @seahawks_fan12

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:06 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

Great, so now we have to deal with him torching us TWICE a year.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 pm 
NET Veteran

Fisher probably took a flier on the guy based on the Seahawks/Lions game tape alone.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:21 pm 
NET Veteran

HawkFan72 wrote:

I heard the Lions had this other WR that was good. Maybe we were worried about stopping him?

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:21 pm 
NET Veteran

Knew it, this is a very savvy type of move for the Rams. Young + Pettis back together might alleviate some of Young's troubles and this is insurance if they lose Amendola.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:23 pm 
NET Pro Bowler

Basis4day wrote:
HawkFan72 wrote:

I heard the Lions had this other WR that was good. Maybe we were worried about stopping him?

Haven't you heard? Young is better than Megatron: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... n-megatron. haha

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:06 pm 
NET Veteran

12th_Bob wrote:
Knew it, this is a very savvy type of move for the Rams. Young + Pettis back together might alleviate some of Young's troubles and this is insurance if they lose Amendola.

Yeah, good call.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:50 pm 
NET Veteran

Basis4day wrote:
HawkFan72 wrote:

lol touche

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:50 am 
NET Rookie

Too bad he did not clear waivers, even worse that he went to Rams.

I hope this thread is still around when he is playing us the next few years. The rams just got an extra second rounder for free as far as I am concerned.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:51 am 
NET Rookie

Killa Kam wrote:
The Rams just claimed him on waivers

Excellent news . . . for the Seahawks. From what I read, this guy's problems go beyond just needing a change of scenery. There's a reason 31 NFL teams took a pass on this guy. Here's hoping the Rams come to regret tying up a roster spot with this problem child.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:31 am 
NET Veteran

If Pete was willing to give T.O. a shot, I think he'd give this kid a chance. Players know PC is a no nonsense type of coach. He doesn't give warnings and second chances (at least to players already on the team), you'll simply come back after practice to find your locker cleaned out and one-way airfare back to your hometown.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]