Lions release Titus Young

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hmmmm.

Not really the type of receiver I was hoping for and he's a problem. Still, might be worth taking a look Pete has proven he won't tolerate crap and he can just be dropped if it's an issue.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Nope. Dude's an idiot and a cancer to any team.

Why waste our time?

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
He screwed up on a team that is anything but consistent with the way they treat their 'problem' players

How do you discipline young on a team that looks the other way every time donkeykong suh does something stupid?

I think a lot of the issues with Young have to do with the fact that the Lions are kind of a mess. Young obviously has issues, but without proper coaching and team-leadership those issues aren't going to improve. Maybe a change of scenery after this reality check would help.

And if not, cut 'em.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
I don't think even PC will take a chance on a guy that intentionally lined up in the wrong position during a regular season game.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Conventional wisdom says no.

Seahawk FO style wisdom says maybe but probably no.

Axx

Reaction score
Everyone says hes a horrible player to sign, therefore Pete Carroll will sign him.

Jville

Reaction score
Speaking of screw ups, this should have been posted in the "NFL Nation" forum.

Dren

Reaction score
Strangely enough, I picture him in a Bengals uniform.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Jville":1y3s44pv said:

Why? Just to be a forum nanny?

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
^ Aha, if there is one team more open to playing "questionable character roulette" than us, it certainly is the Bengals.

MRH72

Reaction score
He is only due the last year of his rookie salary, so it wouldn't be much risk from a teams perspective. That said, I doubt he'll clear waivers. Someone will take a chance on him before he reaches the Hawks I would assume.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Axx":rvavpd02 said:
Everyone says hes a horrible player to sign, therefore Pete Carroll will sign him.
Basically, this. Think of all of the "questionable character" types we've signed over the past few years. Either they pan out or they're shown the door.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Hawknballs":302umxaa said:
Jville":302umxaa said:

Why? Just to be a forum nanny?

For what its worth....it's called Following Forum Rules....otherwise with the number of posters on this Forum, it would be total chaos!

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The only reason I might pass if i'm the hawks is that I think we need a tall possession guy and I'm not sure he fits that bill.

I'm just skeptical about writing him off due to character issues any more than I'd write a teenager off when he's got obviously bad parenting going on..the Lions just don't seem to be a fairly inconsistent organization.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I just wish the blow up happened prior our game...We would have probably just got finished playing a game yesterday if he wasn't in that game.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
The guy is a complete mess. Reports were that he intentionally ran the wrong routes or intentionally lined up in the wrong spot so he could get the ball. Any dbag that tries to sabotage his own team, is not welcome on my team.

Next!