I can't take it anymore. Kicker Related.

Who would you rather have?

• Hauschka (healthy)

Votes: 48 51.1%
  • Legatron-type

Votes: 46 48.9%

• Total voters

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Alright. I've absolutely, without a doubt, had enough of this kicker nonsense.

Attention all you people saying we need a to find a new kicker AKA Legatron 2.0.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Sweet. The kid can make the occasional 55-60 yard FG. I don't give a damn because he misses 30-40 yarders like it's going out of style. Can someone PLEASE explain to me what the obsession is with trying to find someone besides Hauschka? I'm talking about a healthy Hauschka. I would rather take a kicker that makes nearly 100% of FGs under 50 yards, than the occasional leg that can make the 50+ but is inaccurate and NOT clutch.

Am I in the minority, thinking that it's better to have a clutch, accurate kicker that you can count on every single time up to 50 yards?!

I can't take it anymore. Good god, people. Let's be real!

OP
OP
bigdaddydave

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
3 People said Legatron. C'mon, I'm awaiting your explanations...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I think that it is becoming more important to kick the ball at least 5 yards deep on every kickoff. Kick returners are getting better and better......GO LEON!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pete likes playing the field position game anyway. He can do this because he has a reliable defense and an amazingly accurate punter. Not to mention great special teams tacklers and an all-world returner. It seemed like the offense almost always started with great field position throughout the latter part of the season.

Given this strategy, the only time a guy with 55-60 yard range would be useful to us is in game winning situations. Otherwise, it's way more important that our kicker be money from 30-45 when taking the FG is a no brainer. Hauschka is the right guy for this team. He's automatic in the no-brainer FG range.

OP
OP
bigdaddydave

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1e44insh said:
Given this strategy, the only time a guy with 55-60 yard range would be useful to us is in game winning situations. Otherwise, it's way more important that our kicker be money from 30-45 when taking the FG is a no brainer. Hauschka is the right guy for this team. He's automatic in the no-brainer FG range.

Thank you, David. I agree 100%.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I think people would prefer a kicker with both skills, and I don't know why they shouldn't. Z misses a lot, but not all powerful kickers are inaccurate, and it would be nice to have the option of attempting a 55 to 60 yarder at the end of a game. I wouldn't sacrifice reliability for power though.

run and shoot

Reaction score
Hauschka's leg strength is pathetic, I don't think we need Legatron 2.0 , but it would be nice to see us be outside the 20 and see the field goal kicker coming on the field instead of J. Ryan playing the field position game.

Smoke

Reaction score
run and shoot":u9h2q4l0 said:
Hauschka's leg strength is pathetic, I don't think we need Legatron 2.0 , but it would be nice to see us be outside the 20 and see the field goal kicker coming on the field instead of J. Ryan playing the field position game.

Steve Hauscka went 24-27 and had a .889% field goal percentage, Went 24-27 in field goals.
In the 0-29yd range he was 8-8 in the 30-39yd range he was 10-10 in the 40-49 yd range he was 5-5 in the 50+ he was 1-4 his long was 52 yarder.

Hauschka missed only three field-goal attempts. One was blocked and the other two came from 61 and 51 yards

Greg Zuerlein went 23-31 and had a .742 percentage.
in the 0-29yd range he was 5-5 in the 30-39yd range he was 3-5 in the 40-49 yd range he was 7-13 in the 50+

Zuerlein is the man. But, I think the key to ST is consistency, and constantly having that nagging thought that, maybe my kicker can boot it from the 45, 50,56 (twice this year they missed from 66 yards out) is not conducive to having a ST that does something consistently.

I don't think Hauska's leg is pathetic, I think that Pete's scheme values consistency and field position above everything else.

Being in a situation were a FG from behind the 45 or 50 is needed is not as important as hitting everything from the 39 yard line and forward.

Now if you ask me, I would rather have Blair Walsh over any of these guys. That dude is crazy. He hit 92 percent of his FG's, went 35-38, went 10-10 in the 50+ range with a long of 56. 2 of his FG's were blocked and 1 was in crazy weather conditions.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
As long as he can hit 95% of FGs within 50 yards and put the ball deep in the end zone on kickoffs, I don't care who our kicker is. Except for the truly bad ones, kickers are pretty much interchangeable.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
OP, i didnt realize the two were mutually exclusive. What an odd assumption that a kicker with a strong leg is inaccurate and unclutch

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
With Russell Wilson at QB we only need a kicker for kickoffs. Game winning FG's? Not in Russ' vocabulary. He likes to throw a game winning TD. We saw that Jon Ryan can kickoff. Save the roster spot. No kicker. :sarcasm_on:

rsRyno

Reaction score
I voted for Legatron. I don't however want an inaccurate strong-legged kicker. My main issue/worry with Hauschka is the fact that last year may have been an aberration. He's been good, and at times very good for us, but you can't discount what he had done with the Ravens. I for one would like to have Hauschka back, though. I just would like an accurate, stronger legged kicker so we don't simply have to punt when we're more than 45 yards out.

seahawks875

Reaction score
What if we could get someone like Blair Walsh who hits the long field goals like legatron and hits all of the short ones like haushka

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I like Haushka and have no problem with having him as our K, but if we could draft a guy like the Rams have in the 4th round or later, I consider him a weapon upgrade.