Curt Warner?

drdiags

Reaction score
He still resides up in the PNW. Has a couple of sons though I am not sure if they are in college yet. One of them seemed to be doing well in sports. Let me go see if I can find a recent article about him. I think one was done about him on the official Seahawks website.

Here is a link to his son Jonathan.

EDIT:

Curt has twin autistic sons as well. Just found this story.

His wikipedia page.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
He lives in Camas and I think he an assistant coach for Camas HS football team, he also use to own the Chevy dealership in the 'Couve.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
He was one of the first people I ever remember being afflicted with "Turf toe"! Not sure why I remember that one?

Sturm

Reaction score
[youtube]cjE3Dte3VsM[/youtube]

Loved this guy's running style...almost like he was gliding through tacklers. For some reason though, he started going downhill after only 5 seasons or so.

drdiags

Reaction score
Warner post-knee surgery was like Sayers post-knee surgery. Maybe the procedures have gotten better? They both appeared to come back from catastrophic knee injuries but were never really the same. At least that is how it appeared to me as I watched both during their comebacks.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
drdiags":wv8cepvm said:
Warner post-knee surgery was like Sayers post-knee surgery. Maybe the procedures have gotten better? They both appeared to come back from catastrophic knee injuries but were never really the same. At least that is how it appeared to me as I watched both during their comebacks.

I have to agree with you.
Before the surgery, he was absolutely awesome running the ball.

The Radish

Reaction score
Bobblehead":169vlwuv said:
drdiags":169vlwuv said:

I have to agree with you.
Before the surgery, he was absolutely awesome running the ball.

I thought Sayer's recovery went fine. He was the league's leading rusher the year he came back. But knee surgery in those days was very invasive and had long term implications that othroscopic surgery doesn't.

:les:

ctown12

Reaction score
I know that right after he retired he owned Honda of Seattle. My Dad worked for him and I got to meet him a few times. He even gave me an autograph on Honda of Seattle stationery. Nicest of guys!

drdiags

Reaction score
The Radish":1sm8va4m said:
I thought Sayer's recovery went fine. He was the league's leading rusher the year he came back. But knee surgery in those days was very invasive and had long term implications that othroscopic surgery doesn't.

:les:

His burst and dynamic cutting ability was gone. He wasn't the same guy running back kickoffs for TDs or making folks miss. It was pretty obvious watching him each week. Back then they didn't telecast home games at all but all Bears road games that were available, I watched.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
before he blew out his knee on the Kingdome's Astroturf, he was probably the most feared runner in the NFL,

drrew

Reaction score
His son Jonathan is a Freshman WR at Penn State. Redshirted this year. He's got a couple of inches on his dad, it'll be interested to see how he develops.

razor150

Reaction score
Did you watch him the last couple of years he was in Seattle? He just wasn't the same runningback he was early in his career. His knee injury shortened his career by a lot.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
One of the few Penn State RB that wasn't a bust, injuries derailed him.

chawkjones

Reaction score
drdiags":2dm6vz3c said:

This is how i remember it as well, up until the knee injury he was a force to be reckoned with and had cut moves that would leave defense's flustered and after the cut came the speed.

cdallan

Reaction score
razor150":27q299h7 said:
Did you watch him the last couple of years he was in Seattle? He just wasn't the same runningback he was early in his career. His knee injury shortened his career by a lot.

Never mind that, did you see his first game as a Ram? Sad and distressing.

HawkWow

Reaction score
drdiags":1ar1n2nl said:

Coulda' been an all-timer. Tragic loss to both the team and the sport. I have ML as my 3rd all time Hawk back but can't decide on #s 1 & 2. Curt or John L. ?