Interesting Scoring Stat

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am not usually a big stats guy, but a thread I read yesterday about Russell Wilson highlights got me thinking that it seemed like this team, especially once the offense started opening up was putting up serious TD's. The highlights were seemingly endless. So, I took a sample of the last 8 games, where the Hawks scored 31 touchdowns for nearly 4 TD's a game! That is just what got into the endzone on offense, not counting FG's or Defensive scores.

As a total the Hawks offense averaged over 31ppg over that 8 game span, Even without the 50 burger games, it was 28ppg. That is some solid action from a rookie QB considering the 2005 Hawks, at the pinnacle of Hasselbeck's career averaged 28 points a game.

Wilson is a Jedi-Master. How in the hell did we get this lucky? This CANT be real. Part of me wonders if PC had let Wilson off the leash earlier, where this team would be, but even bringing him easy, the kid just tore it up.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
some credit should go to the receivers. Discounting the game in SF where they both literally and figuratively dropped the ball, they came through for a young QB who had some pedestrian games at the start of the season. Tate showed he is a playmaker and Rice was what we thought we were signing the previous year.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I don't even like to call it "lucky" - I use the word fortunate. Our front office did it's homework and had the balls to make the pick in the 3rd round, knowing all the 100 pound heads were going to blast it and all the stupid "he's too short" crap would rise up. I mean, even to this day I don't see an interview Russell does where there isn't some kind of reference to his height. It's lazy and tiresome, especially since he shattered that myth in fine fashion.

But Pete and John deserve the credit for drafting him, and then naming him the starter on top of that. And it paid off.

There's a lot to be said for how a young QB progresses over the course of a season. What's scary now is how much better Wilson can get - especially with a full off-season knowing he is the starter under his belt. He has some refinements to make, but his instincts, savvy, smarts and worth ethic are off the charts. He was BALLIN' in that 2nd half against Atlanta!

I still think we need to improve some parts of the offense (stud WR, TE and O line) to see the full potential...I salivate imagining Wilson having an AJ Green/Julio Jones type to throw to. But he is the type of player that elevates everyone around him.

OP
OP
loafoftatupu

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2czwbwuq said:
some credit should go to the receivers. Discounting the game in SF where they both literally and figuratively dropped the ball, they came through for a young QB who had some pedestrian games at the start of the season. Tate showed he is a playmaker and Rice was what we thought we were signing the previous year.

QFT

They caught some balls for him in some serious situations. They just abused the sidelines and made passes that looked to be throw-aways into catches. Then you look at some of them and wonder if he was just trying to put it in the ONLY place it couldn't be picked.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I own only two jerseys: Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson

I bought Earl Thomas' jersey when we drafted him and before his rookie season started and then I bought RW's jersey before his rookie season started after the KC preseason game.

So far, my record has been pretty good. Both of them are probowlers. :)

ariel9302

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1a1bouoe said:
I own only two jerseys: Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson<BR nodeIndex="1"><BR nodeIndex="2">I bought Earl Thomas' jersey when we drafted him and before his rookie season started and then I bought RW's jersey before his rookie season started after the KC preseason game. <BR nodeIndex="3"><BR nodeIndex="4">So far, my record has been pretty good. Both of them are probowlers. :)
now just go get that ryan longwell jersey and your collection will be complete!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ariel9302":29avcmv6 said:
SeahawksFanForever":29avcmv6 said:
I own only two jerseys: Earl Thomas and Russell Wilson<BR nodeIndex="1"><BR nodeIndex="2">I bought Earl Thomas' jersey when we drafted him and before his rookie season started and then I bought RW's jersey before his rookie season started after the KC preseason game. <BR nodeIndex="3"><BR nodeIndex="4">So far, my record has been pretty good. Both of them are probowlers. :)
now just go get that ryan longwell jersey and your collection will be complete!
I think it's too late, I'm sure somebody in the Longwell family has probably already bought it. :16: you can't win them all.