John Schneider not named top executive of the year

Fox0r

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... d-top-exec

Neither prevailed in voting among peers for the Sporting News' award honoring the top executive for the 2012 season. That distinction went to Indianapolis Colts GM Ryan Grigson, who turned over most of the team's roster and went 11-5 with a rookie quarterback.

I can't say I agree with this. But it is what it is. More fuel for this team's fire.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Yeah well we see how that plays out in a few seasons as we're working towards a second title and Luck and CO float at the bottom of the toilet.

OP
OP
Fox0r

Fox0r

Reaction score
Yakima Hawkster":3lw2cb2b said:
Absurd. How hard is it to say "Hey, let's draft Andrew Luck."?

The other thing that boggles my mind is that people equate the 11-5 record to Andrew Luck's greatness, but discount Curtis Painter's ineptitude.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Well, that team was absolutely terrible last year...simply abysmal.

Don't know enough about their draft to make any judgements and not play my homer card.

Was this all based on picking Luck at number 1 like everyone figured would happen? If that's the case then I want a piece of that award, cause I made that call too.

Yakima Hawkster

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":34zhdr94 said:
Well, that team was absolutely terrible last year...simply abysmal.

Don't know enough about their draft to make any judgements and not play my homer card.

Was this all based on picking Luck at number 1 like everyone figured would happen? If that's the case then I want a piece of that award, cause I made that call too.

How could it NOT be because of that?

OP
OP
Fox0r

Fox0r

Reaction score
Can an admin drop my thread and merge it with this one when they have a chance?

Yakima Hawkster

Reaction score
Sorry Blueandgreen I disagree. ROY decision could rightfully favor any one of the three QB's. But executive? No way. Schneider should've won hands down.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
B.S., Schneider should have won this one, no doubt.

Well, just file it under NFL Seattle slights # 4,000,000,006.

razgriz737

Reaction score
PierceSHock.gif

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Colts get rewarded for shamelessly tanking 2011 yet again. They weren't a true 2-14 team last year. The guy they started at QB wasn't even in the damn league in 2012. Advanced metrics show they were pretty bad team this year, too. Wins/losses don't tell the story here. Total sham.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets look at this, consensus top pre draft QB and they sucked to get him by getting the first pick, head scratcher I'm sure. Schnieder grabs what could be the OROY in Wilson, DROY in Wagner and rookie with most sacks in Irvin yet doesn't get it.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I honestly thought this was the one we had in the bag. Don't see what's so impressive about drafting Andrew Luck.

razgriz737

Reaction score
This just in from Doug Baldwin via Twitter:
"How John Schneider didn’t win executive of the year doesn’t exactly make sense to me."

Pretty much sums it up for me.