Friendship growing between Fitz and Wilson

MLTHawk

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was noticing Wilson and Fitz talking a bit during the probowl yesterday, and of course the connection on the field. I also saw a picture of the two of them eating dinner together. What do you guys think of the possibility of Wilson using the probowl as a chance to sell himself to other "big time" players?

Is he personally recruiting for the hawks, and how awesome would it be to get an elite reciever?

Anyone know how much longer Larry Fitzgerald's current contract is for?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up.

Fitz re-signed fairly recently... for mega-bucks.

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Fitz signed his extension a year ago, so hes not a free agent anytime soon.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Wilson is a guy people gravitate towards, not surprised to see him mixing it up with anyone/everyone.

Given the season he had and the talk about whether or not he could be effective in the league, I'm sure a handful of guys wanted to give him props.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Wilson and Fitz have very similar personalities and go out of their way to help less fortunate people. People like that tend to gravitate towards each other so even though it would be great getting Fitz here, my guess is two games a year against each other is the closest they will come to being teammates.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Largent80":3lj5wwm9 said:
Maybe Fitz will try and get RW to come to AZ when his contract is up.... :shock:
HAHA, we both had the same trolling thought.

Basis4day

Reaction score
8/20/2011: Signed an eight-year, $128.5 million contract. The deal contains $50 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus and first-year roster bonus of $8 million. Fitzgerald is eligible for annual $250,000 workout bonuses in years two through eight. 2013: $5 million (+ $10 million option bonus due 3/15), 2014: $12.75 million, 2015: $8 million (+ $8 million roster bonus), 2016: $15 million, 2017-2018: $14.75 million, 2019: Free Agent

Bipolar

Reaction score
Wilso was also hanging out with Adrian Peterson on the side lines... keep dreaming :).

kidhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":v33yycsk said:
8/20/2011: Signed an eight-year, $128.5 million contract. The deal contains $50 million guaranteed, including a $10 million signing bonus and first-year roster bonus of $8 million. Fitzgerald is eligible for annual $250,000 workout bonuses in years two through eight. 2013: $5 million (+ $10 million option bonus due 3/15), 2014: $12.75 million, 2015: $8 million (+ $8 million roster bonus), 2016: $15 million, 2017-2018: $14.75 million, 2019: Free Agent

Furthermore, Fitzgerald's contract is actually smaller this coming year than it was this year.

In 2012 he was paid a total of $11.25 million in salary and bonuses with a $13.25 million cap hit.

In 2013 he's scheduled to be paid $7.25 million witha $9.25 million dollar cap hit.

from 2014 thru 2018 he will count between $15 and $20.25 million against the cap.

To me, this says that Fitzgerald's contract is structured to be good for Arizona through the next season. Look for either a restructure or possible trade scenarios for him in the next off season.

mikeak

Reaction score
I don't think we get Fitz - ever. BUT RW having fun and getting along great with super star WRs is good. Many of these guys are friends and just building that reputation as a star qb, a great teammate etc makes guys look at you and wanting to play here. Look at Denver this year Manning signs and suddenly good WRs want to be there. I think that as early as this FA class you will see that some guys are going to choose Seattle over other teams when the money is either the same or only slightly lower. Those guys would also choose NE, Denver, Indy and a few other places but they won't choose Oakland, KC, Browns etc.

To me being a part of this group can be huge - it can swing that one or two guys every year. Doesn't have to be the superstars but just that one option guy / "last season before I retire" kind of guy

CANHawk

Reaction score
Fitz seems to be like that with everyone; he always seems to be the old vet who welcomes the young guys into the league. Doesn't he run a camp or something for rookie WR's coming into the league where he teaches them how to be pros?

I wouldn't read too much into that pic.

The pic with Jarred Allen on the other hand....

kidhawk

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not surprised that other players like Wilson...the guy really does seem genuinely likable. The kind of likability that he has transcends the game, it's just from the type of person he is in everyday life.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I also heard him telling Brees (on TV) how he thought Gonzalez was all that and a bag of chips. Fitz & Tony G for a year or two? Jeezuz!