Idzik comment

chrispy

Reaction score
Thought some of you might miss this from ESPN's Jets blog. Some comments about Sanchez....

"I told him we're going to add competition and everyone should be up for it," Idzik added. "It's going to make Mark, and everybody else, better."

Also goes on to talk about possibly Flynn being that competition.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/54839/jets-gm-comfortable-with-mark-sanchez[/urltargetblank]

I'm guessing the above link is what you are talking about.

There really is no information in there except the fact that people assume that Flynn will be in the mix, but it also mentions they are strapped on their cap, which makes even less sense for Flynn to go there. What they need is to find a young rookie type to compete, so they can keep the cap value lower with a higher upside.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
chrispy":snehh150 said:
Thought some of you might miss this from ESPN's Jets blog. Some comments about Sanchez....

"I told him we're going to add competition and everyone should be up for it," Idzik added. "It's going to make Mark, and everybody else, better."

Helping out a former team by pretending they're interested to increase his value perhaps? I can't see them genuinely looking to bring him in.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Idzik may be interested in bringing Flynn in, but unless he does some serious cap cutting, he won't be able to afford it. The Jets are 22 million over the cap.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":qutoqf6j said:
chrispy":qutoqf6j said:

Helping out a former team by pretending they're interested to increase his value perhaps? I can't see them genuinely looking to bring him in.

It wasn't Idzik who "went on to talk about Flynn" it was the author of the article who mentioned that Flynn was a rumored interest.