Todd Wash hired by Jaguars

The Outfield

Reaction score
Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran
Seattle DL coach Todd Wash hired to same position with #Jaguars. Allowed by Pete Carroll to make lateral move.

Seaswab

Reaction score
maybe we can hire someone that will teach Irvin some moves

kidhawk

Reaction score
With the hiring of our previous line coach as the new coordinator, I think we'll be fine bringing in or elevating someone from within to the position who is young, smart and eager to learn and get after it. Bradley will need all the help he can get in Jacksonville

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I suspect our new Coordinator wanted to bring in his own guy. Not that unusual

drdiags

Reaction score
The Outfield":2qsmac91 said:
Who do you think will replace him?

The thinking when Quinn was hired as DC that I heard was him bringing in Bryant Young, who was the DL coach with him at Florida. The call for Wash to Jaguars was the first part of the general consensus so they have that right so far.

Question is whether Young would want to leave Florida and coach with a former rival but at this point it is all about the coaching opportunity.

EDIT: Just saw this as another name to consider

Scott Enyeart ‏@ScottEnyeart

With Wash gone, I'd expect Jethro Franklin to he the first call Carroll makes. Bryant Young could be in the mix too. #Seahawks

EDIT2: Guess Bryant Young is the HOF-worthy one.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Lateral move? I would say that he is making a lesser move. Either way good luck Todd. I still hate all this coach turnover we seem to have every offseason.

OP
OP
The Outfield

The Outfield

Reaction score
Blitzer88":zsmwaejg said:
Lateral move? I would say that he is making a lesser move. Either way good luck Todd. I still hate all this coach turnover we seem to have every offseason.

Same here... especially when we do well. I wish we could just hold onto the entire staff for multiple seasons.

I still have a horrible taste in my mouth from Bradley interviewing a day before the Atlanta game. I wish hiring wasn't allowed until after the super bowl.

themunn

Reaction score
Blitzer88":92vqg9p9 said:

Probably more scope for internal promotion in Jacksonville though

drdiags

Reaction score
Wash is Bradley's buddy. He spent quite a few years with Tampa. He gets to go back to the part of the country he has recently spent the most time, though Jacksonville and Tampa aren't right next door. He probably feels he has more allies going with Bradley than remaining here in Seattle?

Who knows? I wouldn't be so quick to say it is a lesser move though I am sure team pride has something to do with that thought.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Not much of a loss, IMO. Wash had more talent on the D-line to work with this year and didn't do much to improve the D-line play.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1sgps6cr said:

He will probably have more pull and say into designing and running the defense in Jax, hope it goes well for him. Hope we find a guy to really push the DL to a new level more, though.

CANHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":1ub977x0 said:
Question is whether Young would want to leave Florida and coach with a former rival but at this point it is all about the coaching opportunity.

Why not? He'd fall right in with the other former 49'er HOF'er we have coaching LB's.

What's Ronnie Lott doing these days..? lol.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
This doesn't seem like that big of a negative to me. Considering how the Dline performed last season, I assume the expectations were a bit higher than the end result.

Don't know if either Defensive coaches leaving for Jacksonville is a smart career move, at least right now...being so close to making a run for a trophy and all, just my two cents on that. But, you can't blame a guy for reaching the pinnacle of the football coaching world. It'll be an experience regardless of what happens, best of luck to both of them!

redhawk253

Reaction score
You guys do realize this was to be expected right? We just got quinn back who was our former d line coach now at d cord.. If you dont think hes going to be spending a lot of time with the d line n its gona be coached his way.. Well you prolly think flynn is worth a first rounder...

CANHawk

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":4owa4xo7 said:
This doesn't seem like that big of a negative to me. Considering how the Dline performed last season, I assume the expectations were a bit higher than the end result.

Don't know if either Defensive coaches leaving for Jacksonville is a smart career move, at least right now...being so close to making a run for a trophy and all, just my two cents on that. But, you can't blame a guy for reaching the pinnacle of the football coaching world. It'll be an experience regardless of what happens, best of luck to both of them!

Yeah, D-line wasn't anything to hang our hat on last year. It wasn't so bad that Wash deserved to be fired, but if he wants to leave, he didn't do such a good job that we'd be expected to beg him to stay.

I'm looking forward to a big improvement on the D-line with Mr. Quinn coming back. He did great creative things in 2010 and we got a little vanillia looking after he left.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Spags is out there now...pretty good track record at D-line.

Latest posts