Pro Bowl, are you watching?

Renohawk

Reaction score
I'm not one to usually watch the pro bowl. I used to several years ago, but haven't seen one in 5+ years. This year, Wilson and Co have me excited and I want to see more of the kid play. Hell, I"m a grown man and think I have a man crush on our QB.

Largent80

Reaction score
The pro bowl is a snoozefest. I can't watch that crap. I hope none of our players gets injured in that farce.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I'll definitely be watching solely to watch Wilson go 12 for 12 with 12 TDs for the 12th Man.

Ruminator

Reaction score
It'll be a little weird seeing Russell throw to other team's receivers. Hope he doesn't overthrow them. But yeah, it has been many years since I cared about watching the Pro Bowl.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Ruminator":3cgx6ir6 said:
It'll be a little weird seeing Russell throw to other team's receivers. Hope he doesn't overthrow them. But yeah, it has been many years since I cared about watching the Pro Bowl.

lol really?

JerHawk81

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is no longer a football game. It's a dog-and-pony show where some of the worlds toughest, most prideful, and most extreme athletes collectively play two-hand touch.

But yes - I will probably watch it...

Kamcussion

Reaction score
I was going to ignore it until Russell got the nod to be there.. I want to see him light it up and make the Hawks look smarter for taking him in the third.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Steve2222":18rpfepl said:
Ruminator":18rpfepl said:

lol really?

Oh no, not at all. I was flagrantly lying and am actually hoping Russell goes 0 for 12 with 2 ints.

Anyway...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I usually turn it on if nothing else is going on, but today I'm excited to watch. Mainly because it's the last time we see some of our guys in their Seahawks helmets running around on a football field and two, I've heard that the players have been ordered to actually give a damn about the game unlike in year's past. Should be fun!

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Hell, I wanna see everyone play half arse for 3 quarters and have the NFC team fall behind by 14 points before RW takes over. You think RW would putz around?

Steve2222

Reaction score
Ruminator":3vsqug96 said:
Steve2222":3vsqug96 said:
Ruminator":3vsqug96 said:

lol really?

Oh no, not at all. I was flagrantly lying and am actually hoping Russell goes 0 for 12 with 2 ints.

Anyway...

I just dont get why you would even say that. Sounds like you're nitpicking on Russell or something.

A

Anonymous

I'm going to watch, and like Russ Willstrong said....I hope we get to see Wilson lead the greatest comeback ever in Pro Bowl history. :)

Ruminator

Reaction score
Steve2222":3qa8i6cp said:
I just dont get why you would even say that. Sounds like you're nitpicking on Russell or something.

Nuh-uh. Although overthrowing receivers is something he's still working on. As stellar as Russell has played at times, he's still only human, so the mention of an issue such as overthrowing receivers need not automatically be assumed to be nitpicking. My mention of it was in the spirit of "rah rah, go Russell" knowing it usually takes at least a couple games for a QB and WRs to get their timing down.

Don't know how long he'll get to play, but it's great just seeing him make the Pro Bowl as rookie and getting this opportunity. I'm sure he'll make some nice plays today, but am certainly not going to think any less of him if he doesn't have his best outing. The Pro Bowl, and teaming up with a bunch of new faces, is probably at least slightly out of the comfort zone for most.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I never watch, but for some reason I can't wait to see Russell play, haha. Yes, I will be tuning in this year.

bigcc

Reaction score
like most are saying I wasn't gonna watch until Wilson got the nod and since I know he'll be taking the game seriously and itll be the last chance to watch him until sept. I'll tune in

EDIT:Until he enters the game ill just pray for our guys' safety

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1h0u4zvv said:
The pro bowl is a snoozefest. I can't watch that crap. I hope none of our players gets injured in that farce.
I sure as hell am.......It's gonna.......be...................a...................................long.........................off.........................season.

It's football for christys sake, AND besides, I just want to see our guys having a damned good time with their paid vacations. :0190l:

HawkWow

Reaction score
IF Goodell REALLY cared so much about "player safety", he'd abort this game...at least for today. The weather here will be atrocious. Our first ugly storm of the year should be hitting right around kickoff. I dread the thought of our guys (and even the others) participating in this meaningless event.

Some of the players "trying to save the Pro-bowl" have said they will come out and play "real football" today. While it's true more injuries occur when guys are going half-speed, this is no time for bravado. No way am I going to this game and regardless of the claimed attendance, I predict there will be no more than 8,000 in the stands (including several nervous agents and GMs) and half that amount by halftime.

Latest posts