How do you feel about Richard Sherman's trash talking?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

How do you feel about Sherm's trash talking?

Doesn't bother me. He's All-Pro!
169
89%
I don't like it (or I'm a 49er fan)
21
11%
 
Total votes : 190

  • For the most part, my brother, he keeps his trash talking to the current team we played that week. Now, my brother, if he starts taking it to the streets and trash talking then I'd feel he's making himself and the team look foolish. Then, my brother, it comes off disrespectful and classless.
    User avatar
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2837
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am


  • trash talk and the swagger on the field, have no problem with.. this latest Revis twitter thing i didn't care for, and waving bye and telling the redskin crowd to drive safe and beat the traffic was a bit low and unnecessary... i wouldn't mind him trimming that stuff back a bit... so i guess that makes me a niner fan according to the thread title.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • I don't mind it on the field but talking trash through twitter or the media is annoying.
    TJH
    *NET #1 Sherman Fan*
     
    Posts: 646
    Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:14 pm


  • I thought the trash talk to Brady was awesome and I love seeing him get in the heads of opposing players.

    I still don't get the Revis comparison, though.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

    RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 15787
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


  • As long as its kept on the field, I don't mind it. Off the field, comparisons, tweeting this/tweeting that I don't care for so much.
    **ME LONG YOU LOVE TIME**
    Seattle_Stunna_MD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 292
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:03 am
    Location: MD


  • What do I think of Sherman's mouth?

    Image


    What do I think of those that don't like it?

    Image
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • I love it. Keep it up.
    "When is the NFL going to start fining receivers for running routes across KAM’S MIDDLE?!?!"
    -bpup33
    User avatar
    Sprfunk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 749
    Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm


  • This league seriously misses having a player like PrimeTime, so I'm happy to have a Hawk on the team who reminds me of the best player to ever play the game. He beat you with his play on the field, and his mouth in your ear. And I think Sherman has the potential to get THIS good, which will be fun as hell to watch:

    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

    -- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    User avatar
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3376
    Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:35 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA - USA


  • I have not been vaginified, so I think it's hella dope. Add it to the list of things Kelly Jennings would never do (along with "defend passes" and "get interceptions").

    As a matter of fact, I love it so much that if I ever were to be vaginafied, I would take advantage of that and have Richard Sherman's baby. I love him THAT much.


    Lol. That baby would talk so much shit...
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11649
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • kearly wrote:Love it, but I thought his recent thing against Revis was kind of crossing the line.

    The only thing I would say is that I don't think Sherm did anything "against" Revis. He wasn't trying to denigrate anybody, he was trying to promote himself, IMO, which I have no problem with. :Dunno:
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???


    2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    User avatar
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1842
    Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Spokane/Seattle


  • I love that it gets under everybody's skin so much. It seems to get them off their game.

    Also not a fan of his twitter trash talk. Not a really big fan of him regularly giving the other team bulletin board material.

    It kind of bothered me his rookie year, cuz he was talking trash and hadn't worked his game up to that level. Now that he's elite, I'm good with it on the field.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4062
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


  • Sherman backs it up..

    I just hope Sherman doesn't end up like Terrell Owens when he is close to retirement, or has come to the time when he should retire but refuses.. Still talking trash when his prime has passed and all the young, talented players are destroying him.
    ~ The Stache'
    User avatar
    Zowert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1990
    Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • I wish there was an option "I think it kicks ass".

    But really... The real reason I like it is because Niner fans HATE it. I take joy in knowing that everything that happens with the Hawks pisses off some arrogant, self-proclaimed football icon Niner fan.

    What makes it even better is that Sherman hates that Ultra-Next-Level Douche Harbaugh. Those ball-sacks are fans of a team going to the Super-Bowl and they are still complaining about Sherman and the Hawks.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 5963
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Auburn, WA


  • As long as he continues to walk the walk he can talk the talk.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken. The OLine still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1998
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


  • I too would prefer a "Love It" option.
    Cuz he backs it up, and it effects the opposition.

    Look what it got Sanders. Prime Time indeed.
    "We walked our (pedestrian) ass to the Super Bowl"
    Angry Doug
    "Friction caused this blossom of love to happen"
    Earl Thomas.
    "Check your PMs"
    Pithy Radish.
    “That 54, Bobby, man, he "effing" fast as "eff", man"
    Frank Gore
    User avatar
    Rocket
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1492
    Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm
    Location: The Rain Forest


  • I love the attitude of Wilson as the face and leader of the team but I do like the CBs and the D in general a bit more mouthy and cocky as hell.
    justafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 549
    Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 am


  • in the words of a fellow named billy. play on Macbeth.
    I don't know why I bother... no one cares what I think.
    zhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 542
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 am


  • I should clarify my actual position on the mouth of Sherm. On the field..I couldn't care less. He can tell players their wives taste like honey nut cheerios for all I care. What I don't like is the off field nonsense (which has already been defined in this thread) or the way he called out the NFL because he knew he was about to get off on a technicality...even though he likely cheated. Best to just STFU about such things.

    To my initial post....IF Sherman WAS a Niner (yes, I know he's not) and engaging in such antics, 99% of you would hate his guts. You're lyin' if you say any different. I like Sherman cuz he's a Hawk. If he wasn't, I'd be hoping for someone to slap the taste out of his mouth.
    User avatar
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6646
    Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
    Location: The 5-0


  • HawkWow wrote:I should clarify my actual position on the mouth of Sherm. On the field..I couldn't care less. He can tell players their wives taste like honey nut cheerios for all I care. What I don't like is the off field nonsense (which has already been defined in this thread) or the way he called out the NFL because he knew he was about to get off on a technicality...even though he likely cheated. Best to just STFU about such things.

    To my initial post....IF Sherman WAS a Niner (yes, I know he's not) and engaging in such antics, 99% of you would hate his guts. You're lyin' if you say any different. I like Sherman cuz he's a Hawk. If he wasn't, I'd be hoping for someone to slap the taste out of his mouth.


    Yes, and everyone must think exactly like you do. :roll:

    Refer back to the last line of your first paragraph and follow it.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8486
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • I don't like it. Never have out of any athlete. If your that good your play will do your talking for you. If your that good others will let you know. If your that bad.......... You won't see the field. I like Sherman's ability but his actions are juvenile. If he is as good as he thinks......keep your mouth shut and let your actions speak for you.
    bingotown
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 100
    Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:52 am


  • It's like, I don't care that you don't like me, "My Brathahs"....You disrespect me, but you can't stop me, cuz you long enough in the legs, but you ain't big enough between the legs to be diss'n me like that.
    I'm not just pretty window dressin' I got a job to do out there, all you got to do is prove me wrong, but you can't, "My Brathahs"

    So again, tell me what's not to like about his tude?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3896
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • Why be a someone, when you can be a part of something.

    Or something like that!!!
    User avatar
    misfit
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 341
    Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:40 pm


  • I usually don't like it, but I am okay with Sherm doing it as he can back it up. Lets just hope that he can continue to back it up for a very long time.
    Image
    User avatar
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *
     
    Posts: 11314
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
    Location: Pasco, WA


  • volsunghawk wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:I should clarify my actual position on the mouth of Sherm. On the field..I couldn't care less. He can tell players their wives taste like honey nut cheerios for all I care. What I don't like is the off field nonsense (which has already been defined in this thread) or the way he called out the NFL because he knew he was about to get off on a technicality...even though he likely cheated. Best to just STFU about such things.

    To my initial post....IF Sherman WAS a Niner (yes, I know he's not) and engaging in such antics, 99% of you would hate his guts. You're lyin' if you say any different. I like Sherman cuz he's a Hawk. If he wasn't, I'd be hoping for someone to slap the taste out of his mouth.


    Yes, and everyone must think exactly like you do. :roll:

    Refer back to the last line of your first paragraph and follow it.


    Careful. You might get slapped upside the head with those 20oz Bozo the Clown boxing gloves... :smiley_boxin:
    WAR BEAVER!!
    User avatar
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *
     
    Posts: 11649
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
    Location: PoCompton, BC Canada


  • Blitzer88 wrote:I usually don't like it, but I am okay with Sherm doing it as he can back it up. Lets just hope that he can continue to back it up for a very long time.

    Yep, talk the talk and walk the walk. I love how Roddy White celebrated like he had won the Superbowl when he got that TD on Sherman.
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

    Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2881
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • Don't care, as long as he keeps backing it up.
    User avatar
    Uffda
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 719
    Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 am
    Location: Ballard


  • HawkWow wrote:I should clarify my actual position on the mouth of Sherm. On the field..I couldn't care less. He can tell players their wives taste like honey nut cheerios for all I care. What I don't like is the off field nonsense (which has already been defined in this thread) or the way he called out the NFL because he knew he was about to get off on a technicality...even though he likely cheated. Best to just STFU about such things.

    To my initial post....IF Sherman WAS a Niner (yes, I know he's not) and engaging in such antics, 99% of you would hate his guts. You're lyin' if you say any different. I like Sherman cuz he's a Hawk. If he wasn't, I'd be hoping for someone to slap the taste out of his mouth.


    Yeah, just as I would hate Lynch, Wilson, Browner, Thomas etc etc etc if they were niners too.
    He'd be getting under our skin, which is something you want from your players - I'd say 99% of people who aren't Pats fans hate Tom Brady, it's good play that breeds hate, trash talking just adds fuel to that hatred to make it more venomous.

    If Kelly Jennings was a trash talker would people hate him? Nah, they'd PITY him. People hated TO, Deion Sanders, etc because they talked trash, then went out and broke records on the field
    themunn
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2606
    Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm


  • Just think how conflicted some of the posters on this board would be if Russell Wilson came out and started talking smack before a game next season. Bwaaahahaha!!
    "I cannot believe this............ I am stunned right now. This is now a rebuilding year for us. Our offense is crap now"

    Blitzer88 regarding trading Percy to the Jets
    User avatar
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2881
    Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm


  • I can understand the people who do not like his talking, however given the position he plays, it is a huge tactical advantage to be able to get in the heads of the wide receivers. It is the same as a big hitting safety who receivers are leery of going over the middle against. As far as the off the field stuff that have some perturbed, a lot of the twitter stuff is in response to people who are taking shots at him. You'd rather him just keep quite while people take shots at him?
    FIRE CABLE! 7 Home Games 12 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    Image
    User avatar
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1580
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm


  • HawKnPeppa wrote:Just think how conflicted some of the posters on this board would be if Russell Wilson came out and started talking smack before a game next season. Bwaaahahaha!!

    Nahhh, he just going to keep on quietly pissing people off with outstanding play. :16:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3896
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • This pretty much summed up all my 'feels'.
    User avatar
    Dren
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 45
    Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:37 am


  • BASF wrote:I can understand the people who do not like his talking, however given the position he plays, it is a huge tactical advantage to be able to get in the heads of the wide receivers. It is the same as a big hitting safety who receivers are leery of going over the middle against. As far as the off the field stuff that have some perturbed, a lot of the twitter stuff is in response to people who are taking shots at him. You'd rather him just keep quite while people take shots at him?


    Definitely! How many times have we seen a receiver give up on a play and just haul off and run straight at Sherman or Browner this year? I LOVED it when that happened. Sherman pissed off Steve Smith so badly he looked about ready to explode.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*
     
    Posts: 26926
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Kirkland, WA


  • Seattle_Stunna_MD wrote:As long as its kept on the field, I don't mind it. Off the field, comparisons, tweeting this/tweeting that I don't care for so much.


    I'm in the same boat. I wish he would tone it down some.
    CornerHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 105
    Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:04 am


  • misfit wrote:Why be a someone, when you can be a part of something.

    Or something like that!!!


    He could always be someone who is a part of something!
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 684
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:25 pm


  • Ringworm Sherm just likes to get under people's skin. It works, and he can back up what he says so I see no problem.
    Image

    “There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    User avatar
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3302
    Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • HawKnPeppa wrote:Just think how conflicted some of the posters on this board would be if Russell Wilson came out and started talking smack before a game next season. Bwaaahahaha!!


    Wilson lets his arm and his legs to all the talking necessary. He's intimidating all on his own. No need to talk smack.
    Image

    “There’s no reason, with Mr. Allen and the fan base here and the stadium, that this can’t be a stable, long-term winning organization.” - John Schneider
    User avatar
    Bakergirl
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3302
    Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:13 pm
    Location: Seattle


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    BASF wrote:I can understand the people who do not like his talking, however given the position he plays, it is a huge tactical advantage to be able to get in the heads of the wide receivers. It is the same as a big hitting safety who receivers are leery of going over the middle against. As far as the off the field stuff that have some perturbed, a lot of the twitter stuff is in response to people who are taking shots at him. You'd rather him just keep quite while people take shots at him?


    Definitely! How many times have we seen a receiver give up on a play and just haul off and run straight at Sherman or Browner this year? I LOVED it when that happened. Sherman pissed off Steve Smith so badly he looked about ready to explode.


    That was my favorite aspect of the Thomas interception in the Washington game. As soon as Garcon got back up and headed toward the action of Thomas returning the ball, Garcon went directly at Browner. He had no intention of tackling Thomas.
    FIRE CABLE! 7 Home Games 12 False Starts By Linemen Lack Of Discipline
    Image
    User avatar
    BASF
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1580
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:07 pm


  • sure that had nothing to do with Browner physically molesting him like his San Quinton prison B***h all game.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4058
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Next


It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:06 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information