Hawk Blogger Ranks the Seahawks

razgriz737

Reaction score
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2013/01/rank ... -1-57.html

I don't usually read his stuff, but I thought this was semi-interesting. He rates them on factors including "age", "health", "impact to date", "potential growth", and "hard to replace". Then each player is given an overall score.

I'm not sure I agree with some of these. Personally I think Leon is too low. I also think Bruce is a little high, and I've been one of his supporters.

Thoughts?

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch the 20th most important Seahawk? Controversial.

HawkFanNC

Reaction score
Interesting idea, but I think his "potential growth" category causes him to overvalue the younger players -- leads to situations where guys like Scruggs and Sweezy are ranked above Lynch. Which, IMHO, is a bit crazy.

bellingerga

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":ptd3mxte said:
Hawkspur":ptd3mxte said:

Especially with the likes of Jeremy Lane, Greg Scruggs, Anthony McCoy and J.R. Sweezy ahead of him.

Meh.

Not even gonna bother clicking the link after reading this.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
HawkFanNC":25zusl79 said:
Interesting idea, but I think his "potential growth" category causes him to overvalue the younger players -- leads to situations where guys like Scruggs and Sweezy are ranked above Lynch. Which, IMHO, is a bit crazy.

That was the flaw in the formula for me as well. If a player is one of the elite in their position in the league, what does their potential growth matter?

Axx

Reaction score
Jon Ryan is extremely underrated, he is one of the best punters in the game.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bellingerga":iexx3wfd said:
FlyingGreg":iexx3wfd said:
Hawkspur":iexx3wfd said:

Especially with the likes of Jeremy Lane, Greg Scruggs, Anthony McCoy and J.R. Sweezy ahead of him.

Meh.

Not even gonna bother clicking the link after reading this.

Well when you take into account his reasoning it makes a lot more sense. Not that I'm saying he's right or I agree, but it's not necessarily as outlandish as it sounds.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
Hawkspur":3piwey7h said:
HawkFanNC":3piwey7h said:

That was the flaw in the formula for me as well. If a player is one of the elite in their position in the league, what does their potential growth matter?
Agreed. Guys like Mebane need to be way higher.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
When I saw Sweezy is the 16th best player on the team (ahead of Lynch, Clemons, Bryant, Tate, Browner, and Mebane) I closed the window.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
Maybe I missed this, but I also don't understand what the final score means. Most important player? Best player? I see no meaning attached to the number...

I understand what factors go into determining the final score, but I don't get what exactly that score represents.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
He just tweeted this:
I think some folks are mistaking the list as "who is the best player?" It is really, "most likely to be on the roster in the next 5 years."

Now I kinda feel like this list is just overstating the obvious.
:zzzzz:

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
razgriz737":ii8femio said:
He just tweeted this:
I think some folks are mistaking the list as "who is the best player?" It is really, "most likely to be on the roster in the next 5 years."

If that's the case, then why did he rank them by perceived value to the team? Sounds like he's backpedaling.

OP
OP
razgriz737

razgriz737

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1y8abu51 said:
razgriz737":1y8abu51 said:
He just tweeted this:

If that's the case, then why did he rank them by perceived value to the team? Sounds like he's backpedaling.
Good point. No matter which way he spins it, the list just seems flawed in a number of different ways.

pehawk

Reaction score
Lynch is a stud, but RB's still a position where a team should be able to chew up a youngun on their first deal. Lynch's running style makes him elite and unique. That style was necessary to make the 2010, 2011 and early 2012's team even respectable. Now that the Seahawks have a QB, his running style may just be a tasty cherry on top.

If Lynch blew his knee out in preseason next year, it'd suck, but with Cable and Wilson, the offense is still top 10. You couldn't say that before.

Wish blogger would quit being a fairy and own it.

kearly

Reaction score
I just kind of glanced at it, but his system really undervalues Frank Omiyale big time. He and Flynn were probably the two best pure backup players on the team this last season.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Not too bad. I understand Lynch and his rating. The longevity of a RB is not that great.
I would have put Rice higher. It seems he IMO overvalued potential for some players

kobebryant

Reaction score
Given positional value, I don't like seeing Okung below Wagner and Chancellor.

Farwell feels too low, he's the best at what he does and should be able to do it for a long time.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Throwdown":ljo3lrru said:
lol @ Lane over Browner.

He's not saying Lane is better than Browner. He's saying that potentially in 2-3 years Lane could be a starter and Browner could be retired.

Latest posts