Question on RW this season

Renohawk

Reaction score
I know much was made of his height at the beginning of the season. I can't seem to find out how many balls were actually batted down by defensive players on his throws. Anyone?

sutz

Reaction score
I remember there were a couple, but I don't think it was worse than what any other QB suffered. IDK if there is an official stat on that either. Russ was pretty good at moving around and finding throwing lanes.

hawk45

Reaction score
As much as batted balls, I think ability to see his receivers was the height related concern.

I still felt like there were times he had difficulty finding receivers that were closer to the LOS, but all of the other things that he brought far outweighed it. And since he has the arm to throw it downfield, if he sees the downfield receivers a little bit better, that works out okay.

seadoc

Reaction score
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15391399

Russell Wilson
20 Passes Dropped
25 Overthrown (6.8%), 1 INT
5 Underthrown (1.4%)
14 Thrown Wide (3.8%), 1 INT
44 "Bad Throws" (12%), 2 INTs
9 Passes Batted At Line (2.5%)
Adjusted QBR: 126.3

:th2thumbs:

Looks like as an avg of all stats, he's incredible (duh), but his % of passes batted could be better (raw #'s are about equivalent to other qb's but the # batted is higher because of fewer thrown)

SeaMeat

Reaction score
Seems to me he rolled to his right most of the time. Positioned himself far enough away from the line that the defenses ability to bat one down were low.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
He has some of the lowest percentages in most of the categories on that site.

Pretty average when it comes to batted balls. Defensive linemen are getting really good at this aspect of their game as well.