Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Re: Is Stephen Williams the replacement for Mike Williams?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:47 pm 
* Gangnameister *

Basis4day wrote:
Lot's of preseason roster spots to fill. Let's see what happens.

Yup. Either he makes the team or he's practice fodder for BB and Sherm. Either way we win.

Churn on you crazy roster...

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:34 pm 
NET Veteran

CANHawk wrote:
Basis4day wrote:
Lot's of preseason roster spots to fill. Let's see what happens.

Yup. Either he makes the team or he's practice fodder for BB and Sherm. Either way we win.

Churn on you crazy roster...

That's it right there... and the churn goes on! I'll treat him like another body in the vicious cycle until he sticks.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:05 am 
NET Starter

Thanks for finding that youtube video. He looks very athletic, and I don't see any harm in seeing this guy compete for a spot in training camp.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 am 
NET Veteran

It seems there might be a bit more there than the typical "camp fodder" as so many around here like to label. Really, how many times do we hear Schneider proclaim "We got him!" regarding run-of-the-mill camp fodder. Obviously someone they've had their eye on.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 am 
NET Starter

LawlessHawk wrote:
It seems there might be a bit more there than the typical "camp fodder" as so many around here like to label. Really, how many times do we hear Schneider proclaim "We got him!" regarding run-of-the-mill camp fodder. Obviously someone they've had their eye on.

I agree with this line of thinking - it is also important to note that he may not have had much success with getting on the field with the Cardinals because he may not fit their scheme as well has he may fit ours.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:43 pm 
* Gangnameister *

LawlessHawk wrote:

Sure, but they "had their eye on" Jameson Konz and Riccardo Lockette too. Doesn't mean everyone they target is going to come in wearing a red cape and blue PJ's. As with every signing, I'll allow myself to be cautiously optimistic and hope for a Doug Baldwin "diamond in the rough" type story... but worse case scenario; we picked up a plaything for BB and Sherm to tear to pieces.

Either way we win!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:53 pm 
NET Veteran

CANHawk wrote:
LawlessHawk wrote:

Sure, but they "had their eye on" Jameson Konz and Riccardo Lockette too. Doesn't mean everyone they target is going to come in wearing a red cape and blue PJ's. As with every signing, I'll allow myself to be cautiously optimistic and hope for a Doug Baldwin "diamond in the rough" type story... but worse case scenario; we picked up a plaything for BB and Sherm to tear to pieces.

Either way we win!

I will say this about Williams. Over the last several year's I've silently rooted for the Cardinals to NOT suck. They were like the loveable losers you see in shows. As and Idaho Vandal Fan, a former slot WR named Max Komar was signed by AZ as was Williams. So I watched all their pre-season games. Both Max and Stephen made the roster, but there was a TON of buzz surrounding Stephen Williams. At times he looked incredible.

I'm excited for this signing. Sure it may not pan out, but it's a young player with room to grow, which is much more desireable to me than washed-up vets like TO,Bryant, and Edwards. There's only 3 WR's really locked into the this Roster The other 2-3 spots are completely up for grabs.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:01 pm 
NET Veteran

CANHawk wrote:
LawlessHawk wrote:

Either way we win!

Agreed, for sure... like I said "a bit" more than typical camp fodder.. and that's probably reading alot into Schneider's three word statement...

Wasn't Konz our late 7th round Mr. Irrelevant a couple years ago?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:29 am 
NET Veteran

SacHawk2.0 wrote:
How is Baldwin being hurt a gimme? He got banged up good the first game and played hurt all year, but I wouldn't call him injury prone.

He was hurt all through preseason as well. He was also injured quite a bit during his Stanford years. Not the missing games type of injured, but decreasing the effectiveness injured.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:11 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

Do you think that JS' excitement at picking him up may indicate that picking a WR high in the draft won't be as high a priority? Or alternatively could it mean that he and Pete have identified the position as in need of upgrading so we'll be looking for a few other guys. Personally (and it's just a gut feeling) I think Williams will be on the roster this year.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]