Don't become someone. Be part of something.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Think that sums us up? Think that's something we could all tweet Sherm? I love him, I just want this team to fulfill what we all want.
    WorcesterHawks
    NET Practice Squad

• Huh? Did I miss something?
    SoCalHawk
    NET Practice Squad

• The no name defense has been gone for 30 years.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• "Dont become someone" Are you implying our players are robots?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• I smell burnt toast
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

• I think the majority of us don't care if he talks smack, as long as he keeps performing at the level he has.

You and some boyscout friends of yours sending him messages on twitter is going to accomplish absolutely nothing. Get real...
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

• Not liking it at all. Sherms mouth is much needed for PR reasons. Part of the reason Seattle was finally becoming relevant was not just cause we were winning (you never heard from cincy and they were winning) was because he brought the spark that needed to get the press hungry. And because his play backs it up, it works wonders. Now if his play drops, you wont hear him that much. He and the Seahawks no what they are doing.

They get coached and consulted on what to post. This is a show, enjoy it.
    hawksincebirth wrote:So Russell has leverage but marshawn doesn't ? I thought its next man up. Hey we got t jack and bj Daniels right ??
    Cartire
    NET Veteran

• What exactly is it that "we all want" and how does anything that Sherm has done or said go against that?

I personally hope he doesn't change one bit. You can go back to your tapes of the Holmgren era, homey.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:"Dont become someone" Are you implying our players are robots?

Who is implying anything? We have indisputable video evidence.
    Fox0r
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

• So, anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?
    * NET Staff *

• I think he is saying not to be an individual and instead to be part of the team.

Sherman is a team player so I dont know what he is talking about.

Retardation maybe?
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• Sherman is part of something but even though the Seahawks drafted him, he has to be thinking that they could have at least drafted him before Durham or Moffitt.

He would gladly be a Ram or any other rival if they would have shown him the love. He is our mercenary, but a mercenary no less.

He is a little more complex than that but feeling slighted drives the man.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I hope we find an interior lineman just like him
    Maybe two
    hawxfreak
    NET Practice Squad

• Sherman talked so much trash to Tom Brady that Tom threw an ill advised pick. If his schtick didn't pay dividends on the field, I would hate it, but he Frank Brickowskied Tom Freakin Brady! He does this stuff for a reason, I don't know what part of that people have trouble understanding.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• hawxfreak wrote:I hope we find an interior lineman just like him
    Maybe two

AMEN!
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

• Meh.....you want some Kumbayah aphorisms, try this one on for size:

Unity....Diversity....Individuality....

Until Sherm's mouth writes a check his body can't cover, I give him a pass. He's being an individual, on a united team full of diverse personalities. One thing I am convinced of for sure. Sherm has his teammates' backs on the field and off. He has demonstrated that time after time, and I love him for that. I bet his teammates do, too.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Sherm is in control, a great example is the face push by Williams, he was laughing and not backing down which just pushed another button on Williams. He didn't go at him or lose his cool. How often does that turn into a full scale brawl if it's someone that has a temper and not in control of himself.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Sherm is in control, a great example is the face push by Williams, he was laughing and not backing down which just pushed another button on Williams. He didn't go at him or lose his cool. How often does that turn into a full scale brawl if it's someone that has a temper and not in control of himself.

I think that's the difference between punks like Deangelo Hall and Cortland Finnegan and Sherman. He talks smack but he's not dirty. He's calculated and doesn't lose his cool. How many times has he got into heads of QB's forcing them to throw at him (Brady, Sanchez) or got into a WR's head so bad, they couldn't even play the game (Steve Smith, Garcon)?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Tech Worlds wrote:I think he is saying not to be an individual and instead to be part of the team.

Retardation maybe?

Man there's something in the air tonight, you guys are ornery.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• He's being an individual? That's not what he said to Brady. It was something like, "You're just one man. We're a team."
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Tech Worlds wrote:I think he is saying not to be an individual and instead to be part of the team.

Retardation maybe?

KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• Sounds like all kinds of vaginification of the fan base going on here I tell you what...

Sherman is not a boy scout nor will he suddenly become one. He's a shutdown corner. Just enjoy all that he has to offer and stop trying to make him Kelly Jennings.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

• vaginification can I use that in scrabble?

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Sherman is always a team player first, he always gives credit to his teammates. Some of you still don't understand why Sherman talks so much crap.... He puts pressure on himself purposely so that he makes sure he always plays his best. I have no problem with the way Sherman carries himself on and of the field.
    strohmin
    NET Starter

• This is getting beyond pathetic, could you imagine these people as Sonics fans back in the 90's with Payton talking trash? And IMO Payton was 100x the S-talker that Sherm is.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• This a phrase that is no different then saying there is no I in team really. Sherm is playing his game, media bites happen and then it gets blown up. I see Sherm in the end zone if a receiver gets one on him say ok good catch or nice play also.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Ha, so I go to sleep and come back to this. I imagine most won't believe me but I was hammered last night and decided the OP was the best I could do to generate discussion. However my reasoning (however vague) has mistranslated...

1: I'm absolutely fine with how Sherm conducts himself for us. I'm going to be getting my first Seahawks jersey soon (it's a ballache getting specifics in UK) and I'm alternating between Sherm and Wilson as to which one to get. We need Shermans attitude and I wouldn't swap him for the world...

2: However, my drunken point arose from the thought that we won't need to swap him, as he'll soon price himself out of a renewed contract for us. If he's going around saying he's better than Revis (can't disagree) then to me he'll shortly want more money tha Revis. I just don't want him to lose sight of how good he is for this team, and so take that into consideration to allow him to stay here for his whole career.

I understand point 2 is very selfish of me, but my goodness I want Sherman for 10 years. I don't want to be the team that 'made' him before he left for Superbowls.
    WorcesterHawks
    NET Practice Squad

• ah the classic "I was drunk" excuse!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Throwdown wrote:ah the classic "I was drunk" excuse!

Heh, it's true - I've really spent the last 8 hours rewatching Holmgren era highlights with a box of tissues.
    WorcesterHawks
    NET Practice Squad

• lol No way, go for a jog or something! Jesus man!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Richard Sherman wont work his way out of Seattle for a bigger contract....that is one of the dumber things I've seen on here. He is very vocal about how much he loves the 12th man and the support they show him. He may have a huge chip on his shoulder for being a late round pick, but he isn't going to use that to get out of Seattle....We will compensate him accordingly to be a career Seahawk the same way we will for Earl Thomas, who also is very vocal about loving to play for Seattle.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:Richard Sherman wont work his way out of Seattle for a bigger contract....that is one of the dumber things I've seen on here. He is very vocal about how much he loves the 12th man and the support they show him. He may have a huge chip on his shoulder for being a late round pick, but he isn't going to use that to get out of Seattle....We will compensate him accordingly to be a career Seahawk the same way we will for Earl Thomas, who also is very vocal about loving to play for Seattle.

I hope you're right. Perhaps it's natural pessimism (or caution) on my part that a good thing can only last so long. I see Sherman's love for Seattle, but I also see him wanting a huge contract. Hopefully something can be worked out so they're not mutually exclusive.

That all said, I don't think it's "dumb" to be a bit nervous about the situation. Silly perhaps, and I understand I should enjoy Sherman whilst he's at the top of his game. I just want the big 3 - Wilson, Thomas, and Sherm to be career Seahawks.
    WorcesterHawks
    NET Practice Squad

• mistaowen wrote:Richard Sherman wont work his way out of Seattle for a bigger contract....that is one of the dumber things I've seen on here. He is very vocal about how much he loves the 12th man and the support they show him. He may have a huge chip on his shoulder for being a late round pick, but he isn't going to use that to get out of Seattle....We will compensate him accordingly to be a career Seahawk the same way we will for Earl Thomas, who also is very vocal about loving to play for Seattle.

Don't be so quick to judge, my friend. I know Sherman is very vocal about the 12th man and Seattle, and he seems to like it here, but we don't know what's really going on in his head. Money talks, we all know that. To say that's one of the dumber things you've seen on here, that's not real respectful to Worcester- especially since it's not THAT far-fetched. It's a concern, since nobody knows what Sherman is thinking- I hope he wants to stay in Seattle, and it sounds like he does at this time- but we can't see the future, and we don't know what his priorities are. But he DOES seem to be a great teammate and things SEEM like he loves playing for Seattle.
    nategreat
    NET Veteran

• I'm certain Mr. Sherman knows he can't do it alone.

Will be fine.

I don't worry at all.
    Uffda
    NET Veteran

• I think that future contract negotiations are a valid concern. Keeping this group together will be difficult, and will take a cap manager with the wisdom of Solomon to do. I'd hate to see any of our young stars in the making wearing anything but Seahawk blue in the future, but we know it will happen to some of them. I share the feeling about wanting Sherm to play out his career here, and I have to believe that Scheider & Co will do their best to make it happen. But as the saying goes, we'll have to wait and see.

On the flip side, Carroll and Schneid have a knack for finding guys like Sherm, with over looked talent hidden in the later rounds. Pete is especially good at evaluating DBs, it would seem. Hell, there may be someone better than Sherm out there someday. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• His first contract as will most the others may be doable, it's the second one that I think gets tougher. Guys that have a better handle on this then myself can correct me, but Kam, Sherm, Browner can all be extended because either they are vets and not on their first contract (Browner) or are past the 2nd or 3rd round and there are a different set of rules regarding how those players are handled, not the 4 year contract that first rounders get. Most later guys are on much shorter contracts and can be extended after a shorter window I though.

With all that said we can reasonably stagger guys, Kam then Sherm. Browner becasue they are not 1st rounders. Earl will be the guy that gets into the real teeth of CBA rules.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Time to replace our whole team with choir boys, everybody. Too many people apparently can't handle a little smack. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:Time to replace our whole team with choir boys, everybody. Too many people apparently can't handle a little smack. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Timmay Ruskell is available if we want to go that route.... ;)
    Wazzu Sucks, Oregon Swallows!!!!
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

• Sherman could just keep on being someone who is a part of something.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:Time to replace our whole team with choir boys, everybody. Too many people apparently can't handle a little smack. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I've said before in this thread, it's got nothing to do with the smack talk - I'm perfectly fine with that. I just don't want him to price himself out of staying here for a long time.

I understand that wasn't clear in original post, and I know he's been vocal about the team before. But right now he's also very vocal about himself. That is fine with me as long as it's not the start of a slippery slope ending with him holding out and pushing for a trade. I personally love the guy, it's why I don't want to see him anywhere else.
    WorcesterHawks
    NET Practice Squad

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information