Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:02 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Sgt. Largent wrote:
Except when he fell down giving up that TD in Atlanta.

What a joke. See below:

bestfightstory wrote:
Roland and kidhawk. I have never heard a Sehawks fan complain about Sherman's on-field performance.

Really? I see several people in this thread wanting Sherman to prove it on the field before talking more. That is a direct reference to his on-field performance, and they're using damned near the ONLY time he has gotten burned as some sort of perceived evidence for wanting him to be quiet. Nobody in the history of the world has ever been perfect, and Sherman's 99% of the way there, placing him in the top handful of players at ANY POSITION in the league with how good he was this year, and they're trying to use performance as an excuse for something. It's absolutely ridiculous. You can want him to be quiet all you want, but you cannot - ABSOLUTELY CANNOT link it to his performance in any way, shape, or form. That is worse than asinine.

Check it out, Sherman was tied for 2nd place with Adrian Peterson for approximate value in the entire league, across all positions on both sides of the ball, by Pro Football Reference: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/y ... eaders.htm

Those of you whining about Sherman's mouth, that's fine, BUT STOP MENTIONING PERFORMANCE or relating to it directly or indirectly in any way. That is absolutely ridiculous, and by ridiculous I mean a euphemism for something I can't say outside the shack that is very insulting towards you.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:04 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

TJH wrote:
I want to be a classy organization.

Been there, done that....how many superbowls did that get us?

Not to mention that it's not like he's putting others down, he's just confident in himself. If he were saying that Revis sucked, that would be different. That's not what he's doing. He's saying that his name should be mentioned with the best in the game.

I'd have to agree, and his All-Pro nod tends to support it as well.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 am 
NET Veteran

themunn wrote:

find me a cornerback that's never ever ever been beaten and I'll find you a guy getting paid 20m a year

My point is you'd think giving up a huge TD where you fell on your face and cost your team a chance at the NFC Championship game might create a little off season humility.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 am 
NET Veteran

twisted_steel2 wrote:
TJH wrote:
The dude needs to learn a little bit of how to act from Wilson. Tired of the bragging and talk.

Or we can embrace the smack talk! Enjoy it even? We have arguably the best corner in the league, who isn't afraid to talk some smack, and backs it up on the field! He's our new GP!

I know a lot of Seahawk fans are old school, quiet/silent style, the Steve Largent types (and Russell Wilson). Don't say a word, let your actions speak for themselves, act like you've been there before, yadda yadda yadda. But there's nothing wrong with having players with personality.

But c'mon get out of your comfort zones a bit, embrace the Sherman smack talk, its a lot more fun when you do.

It'd be impossible for me to agree more. Sherman is exactly the kind of player/personality this team needed. He's the kind of player that other parts of the country pay attention to (...and so many here have talked incessantly about lack of exposure/respect over the years!) Plus, he's one of those extremely rare commodoties...a shutdown corner (only a handful in the league at most). Some will love him and more will think he's a villian...but, in any event, they'll be thinking and talking about Seattle.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:07 am 
NET Rookie

Sarlacc83 wrote:
I'm not really sure why Sherman is picking this fight? I love the guy, but it's not like he can leverage this into a paycheck this off season.

If you don't know why than u don't know Sherman.
Drafted in the 5th round passed over by 32 teams 4 times including his college coach.
He is a prideful competitor with oozing confidence. This is who he is and those who wish he be quiet don't know him.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 am 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:

What a joke. See below:

bestfightstory wrote:
Roland and kidhawk. I have never heard a Sehawks fan complain about Sherman's on-field performance.

Really? I see several people in this thread wanting Sherman to prove it on the field before talking more. That is a direct reference to his on-field performance, and they're using damned near the ONLY time he has gotten burned as some sort of perceived evidence for wanting him to be quiet. Nobody in the history of the world has ever been perfect, and Sherman's 99% of the way there, placing him in the top handful of players at ANY POSITION in the league with how good he was this year, and they're trying to use performance as an excuse for something. It's absolutely ridiculous. You can want him to be quiet all you want, but you cannot - ABSOLUTELY CANNOT link it to his performance in any way, shape, or form. That is worse than asinine.

It's like he's already held to a higher standard than other corners. And they don't even realize they're doing it.

"Did you see that one pass they completed on him, he's not very good!" Ignoring that he locked his side of the field down for 99.99% of the remaining plays, registered 5 PD's and 2 INT's.(just an example) :|

And opposing WR's actually celebrate when they get a pass completion on him. It's actually pretty crazy to think about. There could be 25-35 passes completed in a game, but they celebrate the ones on Sherman. That's really telling.

Last edited by twisted_steel2 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 am 
NET Rookie

Sgt. Largent wrote:
themunn wrote:

find me a cornerback that's never ever ever been beaten and I'll find you a guy getting paid 20m a year

My point is you'd think giving up a huge TD where you fell on your face and cost your team a chance at the NFC Championship game might create a little off season humility.

I'd be very worried about Sherman if this was the case. Great players never do this.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:10 am 
NET Veteran

Sherman is becoming obnoxious, this isn' t New York keep your mouth closed.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:10 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

bestfightstory wrote:

Some of us just prefer a more ?dignified? approach to the game.... Think Cortez. Or Kenny Easley..

Different Strokes.

That's fine, I'm not here to tell you which players to like or dislike, but it's not like sherman is being disrespectful here, he's not putting down anyone here, he's just elevating himself. Different people have different personalities. You can't have a team in the NFL of all nice guys on the field, or you will not be too successful. Each team, not unlike a family unit, needs different personalities to survive. I wouldn't want an entire team of Shermans, nor (no matter how much I love him) would I want an entire team of Wilsons. I like the chemistry our team has right now and Sherman puts his own little spin on it.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:11 am 
NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:
Love how people hate on Sherman. The man is confident in his job and he brings it to the field each and every week. With Revis' ACL injury, anyone doubt that Sherman will be better than Revis from this point out? Revis had a great career, but with that ACL, he's bound to lose a little bit when he comes back. Sherman has been getting better.

That's not a guarantee as we all witnessed with Adrian Peterson this year.

Sherman is talented, but I think that this kind of talk if he keeps it up will just continue to fall on deaf ears. As some of the other teams boards I have read and the comments that are made on sites like that one in the OP when he does things like this, usually include a statement that questions if his numbers would have been as impressive as they were this year if he wasn't involved with performance enhancers. Since he got off on a technicality during his appeal, he will be closely watched next year by the NFL world to see if be can play like be did this year again. His reputation in hat regard would have been better served by having been proved correct in his appeal, instead of getting off on a technicality. That's just the way it is for people in the public eye.

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:11 am 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
Sgt. Largent wrote:

What a joke. See below:

bestfightstory wrote:

Check it out, Sherman was tied for 2nd place with Adrian Peterson for approximate value in the entire league, across all positions on both sides of the ball, by Pro Football Reference: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/y ... eaders.htm

Those of you whining about Sherman's mouth, that's fine, BUT STOP MENTIONING PERFORMANCE or relating to it directly or indirectly in any way. That is absolutely ridiculous, and by ridiculous I mean a euphemism for something I can't say outside the shack that is very insulting towards you.
The point EVERYONE was trying to make is to live by actions not words, it goes for all of us.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:14 am 
NET Veteran

TJH wrote:
twisted_steel2 wrote:
TJH wrote:
The dude needs to learn a little bit of how to act from Wilson. Tired of the bragging and talk.

Or we can embrace the smack talk! Enjoy it even? We have arguably the best corner in the league, who isn't afraid to talk some smack, and backs it up on the field! He's our new GP!

Nah, I am not going to change my outlook on sports just because the guy is on our team. I will say this, if Sherman was a 9er, he would be the most hated person on these forums, and nobody can deny that.

I love him as a player, but that's not identity I like for our team. I want to be a classy organization.

I have to agree with this post.... take it down a notch Sherm.. we still love ya but damn.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:16 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

kidhawk wrote:
bestfightstory wrote:

Some of us just prefer a more ?dignified? approach to the game.... Think Cortez. Or Kenny Easley..

Different Strokes.

That's fine, I'm not here to tell you which players to like or dislike, but it's not like sherman is being disrespectful here, he's not putting down anyone here, he's just elevating himself. Different people have different personalities. You can't have a team in the NFL of all nice guys on the field, or you will not be too successful. Each team, not unlike a family unit, needs different personalities to survive. I wouldn't want an entire team of Shermans, nor (no matter how much I love him) would I want an entire team of Wilsons. I like the chemistry our team has right now and Sherman puts his own little spin on it.

I don't disagree. Not one bit. I've just never been enamored of the 'look at me' players. Well... I was intoxicated by Bosworth coming out of college. Anyway, I'm glad Sherm is on our team. Obviously. He's a phenom. Just not that thrilled with the self-aggrandizement. It often foretells problems. Pride comes before a fall. Old-school crap.

Last edited by bestfightstory on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:16 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

NinerLifer wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
Love how people hate on Sherman. The man is confident in his job and he brings it to the field each and every week. With Revis' ACL injury, anyone doubt that Sherman will be better than Revis from this point out? Revis had a great career, but with that ACL, he's bound to lose a little bit when he comes back. Sherman has been getting better.

That's not a guarantee as we all witnessed with Adrian Peterson this year.

Sherman is talented, but I think that this kind of talk if he keeps it up will just continue to fall on deaf ears. As some of the other teams boards I have read and the comments that are made on sites like that one in the OP when he does things like this, usually include a statement that questions if his numbers would have been as impressive as they were this year if he wasn't involved with performance enhancers. Since he got off on a technicality during his appeal, he will be closely watched next year by the NFL world to see if be can play like be did this year again. His reputation in hat regard would have been better served by having been proved correct in his appeal, instead of getting off on a technicality. That's just the way it is for people in the public eye.

It's not a guarantee, but CB and RB are two different positions. CB's need to be more agile and faster. It only takes a split second to get burned. Revis can come back and still be a great corner, but if you watched Sherman play this year, he is playing as well as Revis was BEFORE the injury, and the surgery won't make Revis a better CB. Peterson didn't become a better RB, he ran into a rare opportunity this season with some god awful QB play, they really put the game in his hands more. Not trying to take anything away from Revis here, but Sherman has only a year and a half of playing experience and is already as good as Revis at his prime. Revis won't be any better than he was when he returns, but Sherman is still improving.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:17 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

If it aint bothering Pete, it aint bothering me. :stirthepot:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:18 am 
NET Veteran

NFSeahawks628 wrote:

The rest of the NFL has BEEN obnoxious since I don't know when. They pass Sherman up for the Pro Bowl? Really? Screw them. Sherman's just shoving their ignorance in their faces and you know what? THEY NEED THEIR IGNORANCE SHOVED IN THEIR FACES.

Good on him.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:18 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

NFSeahawks628 wrote:

This isn't Catholic Sunday School class, either. To everyone complaining about Sherm's mouth: less whining would be nice.

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:20 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

bestfightstory wrote:
It often foretells problems. Pride comes before a fall. Old-school crap.

Except in the real world, this isn't true a lot of the time, and plenty of prideful people don't get a comeuppance. Not that being prideful in and of itself deserves being taught a lesson. This isn't a rom-com.

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Sgt. Largent wrote:
themunn wrote:

He was assignment sound on that play. 31 was supposed to be over the top, but got suckered. The falling down had nothing to do with the result. The assignment for that play was chase.

Or we could do it your way and blame him for not getting one game farther while ignoring the handful of really great individual plays he made in that game.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:23 am 
NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:
bestfightstory wrote:

Different Strokes.

Kid i hear what you're saying and agree with it for the most part.. but there are more productive way to lift yourself up... i'm sure Revis takes some offense to the fact the Sherman threw his name out there like this... which wasn't necesarry.... all he had to do was say, i think i'm the top corner in the league , here's my numbers to back that up... if Revis wanted to challenge , then he could... you can talk smack and still keep it classy.

Last edited by hawker84 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:27 am 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
NFSeahawks628 wrote:

This isn't Catholic Sunday School class, either. To everyone complaining about Sherm's mouth: less whining would be nice.

i don't think wanting or expecting your team to act in a more dignified or professional manner is whining at all?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:29 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

hawker84 wrote:
i don't think wanting or expecting your team to act in a more dignified or professional manner is whining at all?

Corporate suit-seats for golf-clapping on good plays while watching NFL games with a glass of pinot grigio in your hand are in Dallas, not Seattle. It's thataway --->

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:30 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *

twisted_steel2 wrote:
TJH wrote:

I know a lot of Seahawk fans are old school, quiet/silent style, the Steve Largent types (and Russell Wilson). Don't say a word, let your actions speak for themselves, act like you've been there before, yadda yadda yadda. But there's nothing wrong with having players with personality.

But c'mon get out of your comfort zones a bit, embrace the Sherman smack talk, its a lot more fun when you do.

Unsolicited smack from your twitter account after getting knocked out of the playoffs is what some of us are rolling our eyes at. I love the way he plays and loved his week-to-week attitude during the season, but if he keeps it up year round it will get tired pretty quick, imo. Sure love that he's on my team, though.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:30 am 
NET Veteran

RolandDeschain wrote:
hawker84 wrote:

Corporate suit-seats for golf-clapping on good plays while watching NFL games with a glass of pinot grigio in your hand are in Dallas, not Seattle. It's thataway --->

spare me...

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

hawker84 wrote:
kidhawk wrote:
bestfightstory wrote:

Different Strokes.

Kid i hear what you're saying and agree with it for the most part.. but there are more productive way to lift yourself up... i'm sure Revis takes some offense to the fact the Sherman through his name out there like this... which wasn't necesarry.... all he had to do was say, i think i'm the top corner in the league , here's my numbers to back that up... if Revis wanted to challenge , then he could... you can talk smack and still keep it classy.

Who's to say Sherman threw his name out there? It's twitter. He could have been reading tweets from others and just made his own to set them straight. We don't know that he just up and decided to randomly proclaim himself better than Revis. It's weird that fans of his own team don't even want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Like the many who proclaimed his guilt on the PED charge. There were plenty that didn't want to wait for the outcome and just thought he was guilty. I guarantee there are still some today who think he was guilty, because they decided that upon hearing the charges. This is just the way it works in this world. Personally, I don't really care as long as he doesn't go too far out there (such as berating others and such) as long as he's just being confidently cocky, I really have no problem with it.

As for Revis having an issue with it, I doubt he does. If he did, I'm sure he'd say so. He's not exactly the shy and quiet type either.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:32 am 
*NET #1 Sherman Fan*

Can you imagine the hate on this board if Sherm was a 49er?

We would be ballistic.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:33 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

hawker84 wrote:
RolandDeschain wrote:

spare me...

I don't know, I thought it was kind of a clever response on my part, and I amused myself by typing it. :) I could be wrong. It definitely happens aplenty.

TJH wrote:

We would be ballistic.

I'd be hella jealous. :( Hell, I'm hella jealous about Justin Smith. He's the best player on that roster.

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:35 am 
*NET #1 Sherman Fan*

RolandDeschain wrote:
TJH wrote:

We would be ballistic.

I'd be hella jealous. :(

Perhaps, but he would be public enemy #1 in Seattle.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:36 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

RolandDeschain wrote:

TJH wrote:

We would be ballistic.

I'd be hella jealous. :( Hell, I'm hella jealous about Justin Smith. He's the best player on that roster.

Could you imagine a healthy Clemons next to a Justin Smith? Or even Bruce Irvin....

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:39 am 
* NET Philistine *

joeshaney wrote:
Sarlacc83 wrote:
I'm not really sure why Sherman is picking this fight? I love the guy, but it's not like he can leverage this into a paycheck this off season.

If you don't know why than u don't know Sherman.
Drafted in the 5th round passed over by 32 teams 4 times including his college coach.
He is a prideful competitor with oozing confidence. This is who he is and those who wish he be quiet don't know him.

Thanks?

Seriously, though, your comment is pretty much useless to the point of my question. Just because he oozes confidence doesn't explain his end game by making this comparison. It really doesn't. And if he doesn't have an end game, then why open your mouth when it's the OFF SEASON.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:40 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

kidhawk wrote:
Could you imagine a healthy Clemons next to a Justin Smith? Or even Bruce Irvin....

Dude, Fat Bastard from Austin Powers could get 10 sacks/year lining up next to Justin Smith. (Sorry, mods; but it's his name in the movies!)

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:42 am 
NET Veteran

"Who's to say Sherman threw his name out there? It's twitter. He could have been reading tweets from others and just made his own to set them straight. We don't know that he just up and decided to randomly proclaim himself better than Revis".

Good Point, didn't think of that...

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:45 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

hawker84 wrote:

Nobody seems to. A lot of Tweets from people all over Twitter are directed at specific people, or certain groups (49ers fans sending him hate-Tweets) of people.

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 am 
* 17Power Blogger *

We spend years grinding our teeth over Kelly Jennings and longing for a shutdown corner, and when we get one, we gripe.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 am 
NET Veteran

well if it comes to light the Revis or another group indeed started the debate and called Sherman out, i'll be the first to issue an apology to him on this board... but knowing Sherman as i have grown to know him this last season.. you have to question if that's the case..

don't get me wrong i love sherman, and i absolutely love him on this team.. i just feel he could tone it down a bit, especially in the off season...

Last edited by hawker84 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

MontanaHawk05 wrote:
We spend years grinding our teeth over Kelly Jennings and longing for a shutdown corner, and when we get one, we gripe.

I KNOW! It's pathetic, isn't it? You won't see me whining about Sherman, that's for damned sure; and I was one of the more vocal Kelly Jennings-haters.

This thread is making me /facepalm. Hard.

*RedAlice is right.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:56 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

hawker84 wrote:
well if it comes to light the Revis or another group indeed started the debate and called Sherman out, i'll be the first to issue an apology to him on this board... but knowing Sherman as i have grown to know him this last season.. you have to question if that's the case..

don't get me wrong i love sherman, and i absolutely love him on this team.. i just feel he could tone it down a bit, especially in the off season...

You can't just "tone down" who you are. Sherman isn't a "Dog and Pony Show", he is who he is, and that is a man with something to prove. Is he cocky? Yea, but you can't just turn on and off who you are. Like him or hate him, Sherman is a VERY (some would say overly, but not me) confident person and NFL player. He likes social media and fans love to talk about him. IMO it's all just overblown nonsense, like so so many things in the off season

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

RolandDeschain wrote:
MontanaHawk05 wrote:

I KNOW! It's pathetic, isn't it? You won't see me whining about Sherman, that's for damned sure; and I was one of the more vocal Kelly Jennings-haters.

This thread is making me /facepalm. Hard.

Tone it down a bit, Roland. ;)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:03 am 
NET Veteran

TJH wrote:

We would be ballistic.

Tell me about it! ;)

The trash talking that I do occasionally this week is strictly for gamesmanship between opposing fanbases as a result of our upcoming matchup this week on SNF. It by no means should be taken personally.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:04 am 
NET Veteran

One thing about Sherman is he's never malicious or disrespectful with his smacktalk. The only time I heard him getting close to that was when he told Garcon "You suck!" Then again, that whole Redskins team went at him before and during the game.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*

bestfightstory wrote:
Tone it down a bit, Roland. ;)

I can't. I can't help it. I love Richard Sherman the player, I love Richard Sherman the smack-talker, and I love Richard Sherman the nerd. We've got the guy that will probably be the best CB in the NFL on an annual basis going forward, (2013 will be a telling season, with Revis back; but even so, compare Revis's second year to Sherman's) and people are whining about his mouth. It irks me. I find it irksome. :)

*RedAlice is right.

NET Veteran

kidhawk wrote:
hawker84 wrote:

You can't just "tone down" who you are. Sherman isn't a "Dog and Pony Show", he is who he is, and that is a man with something to prove. Is he cocky? Yea, but you can't just turn on and off who you are. Like him or hate him, Sherman is a VERY (some would say overly, but not me) confident person and NFL player. He likes social media and fans love to talk about him. IMO it's all just overblown nonsense, like so so many things in the off season

Yep you're absolutely right.. i would like to see him tone it down personally, doesn't mean it'll happen.. he is who he is.

love him or leave him..... I choose love...

Last edited by hawker84 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

NET Veteran

NFSeahawks628 wrote:

This is how Pete Carroll likes his players, and if he keeps playing like this i dont care what he says.

Also alot of people talk about how he fell down on that one pass, Kam was suppose to help over the top but bit the play action badly and was burned, If anything that was on Kam.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:17 am 
NET Veteran

Sherman is exactly the type of personality this team needs. Watch his mic'd up video or the secondary's pregame "I GOT THAT SWAG" chant and tell me he's not giving the guys a boost out there. He gives great balance to Wilson's poise and Pete's energetic positivity. Love the personalities on this team, especially because they're so varied. Definitely reminds me of those mid-90s Sonics with Payton, Kemp, Detlef, Hersey, Nate and Big Smooth each being leaders in their own unique ways.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:20 am 
NET Veteran

hawker84 wrote:
"Who's to say Sherman threw his name out there? It's twitter. He could have been reading tweets from others and just made his own to set them straight. We don't know that he just up and decided to randomly proclaim himself better than Revis".

Just like he was "asked" what he thought about the Skins WR squad, Sherman gets asked alot of questions by the media and he gives us HONEST answers, I'd rather have answers with personality instead of same ol' generic stuff .

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:37 am 
* The Doc *
* The Doc *

Sherm is a big personality and one of our posters helped project him into the national spotlight with the "U Mad Bro" meme. The story about him and Earl trash-talking Brady didn't have as much impact as that single image. Got NFLAM to track him down, lead to NFLN wanting to get him and Browner on the show. The PED issue was fueled by the leak Schefter made but what motivated the leak from someone inside the NFL?

I sometimes cringe about things surrounding Sherman, but only because I am being a mother hen. I don't want Sherman entering into a Chad Ochocinco Johnson and Terrill Owens persona or maybe a DeAngelo Hall. I bet if he was a 1st round pick he would still be the same. He just has that something some athletes have. Ali probably could have toned it down. In the end, all athletes will find themselves on the downside of a career. Whatever Sherman can use to keep him performing at a high level, the better for him.

Carroll asked him to move his celebrations to the sidelines if they are going to get a penalty, but at some point when Sherman is getting paid and he will be, it is going to be that much harder to keep him under control.

I don't like blowhards, bragging or self-promoting athletes but they have existed throughout sports. They just have more avenues to express their views of themselves. And yes, I would rather have an vociferous All-Pro CB instead of a quiet as a church mouse, physically dominated Kelly Jennings.

Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:50 am 
NET Veteran

Heres a PFF article that compares them. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... lle-revis/

MontanaHawk05 wrote:

:13:
Personally i don't think he's as good as Revis yet, but I have no problem with his trash talk, confidence, swag, bravado whatever you want to call it. As long as he backs the talk up, he can say whatever the hell he wants.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm 
NET Veteran

Love Sherman....off field stuff is getting tiresome.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:32 pm 
NET Veteran

Everyone has there own opionion and they are entitled to them so i'm gonig to addres my comment collectivly with what i precive as true statements. (snicker)

-Sherman is good on the field.
-He is respected by our team and coaches.
-he is paid rookie pay.
-he Runs his mouth to opposing teams to get in there heads
-Opposing players that cross the line with him, appoligize.
-He is educated and intellegent.

When i think about the above statements that sounds like a good player to me

What i know about the people on this board... Myself included.
-We complain when we lose.
-We complain when we win.
-When we get a good player we nit pick.
- when we have a bad player we really nit pick
- and Finally if we had a team of all of the best players we would start arguing about why they wear white socks vs green socks.
Muahahaha

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:42 pm 
*NET FCC Liaison*

Lol, astute analysis, hawks4thewin. Seriously. Specifically, the latter half of your post.

*RedAlice is right.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]