Sherman explains to the world why he is better than Revis

Status
Not open for further replies.

themunn

Reaction score
from the comments

seahawk bandwagoners need to stop dreaming. Sherman is good, but he is no where NEAR Revis. Sherman’s success is due to that amazing pass rush they have.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
themunn":3s99rzad said:
from the comments

seahawk bandwagoners need to stop dreaming. Sherman is good, but he is no where NEAR Revis. Sherman’s success is due to that amazing pass rush they have.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Didn't you see the Green Bay game, our pass rush is pretty Godly.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
legend38":2ncckx82 said:
Seattle_Stunna_MD":2ncckx82 said:
Save the talk. Prove it on the field over a consistent basis.
This.

You people make me ashamed. When has he NOT proven it? He slipped and got a couple steps behind Roddy White and White got a TD. It happens. He still had a good overall game, and has had great overall games every single week this year. Stop being prissy and hating on Sherm's smack talk while drinking your tea and eating your crumpets and learn to enjoy our all-world CB's performance on the field.

Geez.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm not really sure why Sherman is picking this fight? I love the guy, but it's not like he can leverage this into a paycheck this off season.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Love how people hate on Sherman. The man is confident in his job and he brings it to the field each and every week. With Revis' ACL injury, anyone doubt that Sherman will be better than Revis from this point out? Revis had a great career, but with that ACL, he's bound to lose a little bit when he comes back. Sherman has been getting better.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Pretty convenient for Sherm to leave out Darrelle Revis' pass defended numbers in that screenshot.

As much as I love his confidence, his act is growing tiresome.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
This Sherman act will grow tiresome the day he asks for a Revis size contract.

themunn

Reaction score
Sherman's first two years in the league are far better than Revis' considering he only became a starter 6 games into the 2011 season, I don't think there's any reason to suggest he's not as good or better than Revis - who in 5 seasons of playing time has one season which is as good as the season Sherman just had (7 more passes defended, but 1 less interception, Sherman had 3 FF to Revis' 0 and a sack), and 3 seasons with stats similar to those put up by Sherman in 10 games last year.

Yes maybe he needs to prove it over a consistent basis, but then again, no he doesn't because that's what football's all about - maybe Revis never ever comes back and plays to the standard he did in the past - you're only as good as your last game

TJH

Reaction score
The dude needs to learn a little bit of how to act from Wilson. Tired of the bragging and talk.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Roland and kidhawk. I have never heard a Sehawks fan complain about Sherman's on-field performance.

Some of us just prefer a more ?dignified? approach to the game.... Think Cortez. Or Kenny Easley..

Different Strokes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1i94hkji said:
Seattle_Stunna_MD":1i94hkji said:

Uh, he has been?

Except when he fell down giving up that TD in Atlanta.

I love me some Shermy Sherm, but his mouth is going to wear on me if he keeps this up for the next 10 years. There's a fine line between having some Twitter fun, and just being an ass. Sherman is precariously close to ass territory.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
TJH":l92s7dch said:
The dude needs to learn a little bit of how to act from Wilson. Tired of the bragging and talk.

Or we can embrace the smack talk! Enjoy it even? We have arguably the best corner in the league, who isn't afraid to talk some smack, and backs it up on the field! He's our new GP!

I know a lot of Seahawk fans are old school, quiet/silent style, the Steve Largent types (and Russell Wilson). Don't say a word, let your actions speak for themselves, act like you've been there before, yadda yadda yadda. But there's nothing wrong with having players with personality.

But c'mon get out of your comfort zones a bit, embrace the Sherman smack talk, its a lot more fun when you do.

themunn

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dfh5law said:
RolandDeschain":2dfh5law said:
Seattle_Stunna_MD":2dfh5law said:

Uh, he has been?

Except when he fell down giving up that TD in Atlanta.

I love me some Shermy Sherm, but his mouth is going to wear on me if he keeps this up for the next 10 years. There's a fine line between having some Twitter fun, and just being an ass. Sherman is precariously close to ass territory.

find me a cornerback that's never ever ever been beaten and I'll find you a guy getting paid 20m a year

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
When did we become such a weak fanbase? Really, Sherm talking himself up is "tiresome"? Give me a break.

He's one of the best, if not the absolute best, CB in the league. He has a huge chip on his shoulder for falling to the 5th round. If this gets him motivated, who are we to tell him to shut up? His play backs up his talk, I love it.

TJH

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1pzolmwb said:
TJH":1pzolmwb said:

Or we can embrace the smack talk! Enjoy it even? We have arguably the best corner in the league, who isn't afraid to talk some smack, and backs it up on the field! He's our new GP!

Nah, I am not going to change my outlook on sports just because the guy is on our team. I will say this, if Sherman was a 9er, he would be the most hated person on these forums, and nobody can deny that.

I love him as a player, but that's not identity I like for our team. I want to be a classy organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts