Prisco: hate him or not, he's giving Sherm some mad love

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS

He lit up his Twitter feed tonight in defense of Sherman. It's kind of hard to track because he's having a conversation with two Sherman-haters saying he's got nothing on Revis. The "bad guys" are https://twitter.com/JVIBOTTOMLINE and especially https://twitter.com/IamlronMan

Some of the gems from Prisco:

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
You can have Revis right now or @RSherman_25 who you taking? I'll take Sherman.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
@IamlronMan @jvibottomline @rsherman_25 He was in 2012 (Saying he was as good as Revis was the prior year.)

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
@willbrinson @rsherman_25 Richard started it, I just chimed in with accurate assessment that people didn't like (Saying Sherman was as good as Revis is what people didn't like.)

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
@willbrinson @rsherman_25 Richard plays corner the way I like: In your face.

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
Deion to Champ to Revis to Sherman? (Talking about best corners ever being handed off each generation.)

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
@Wiz4life1 He was pretty damn good last year too guys (Referring to Sherman's half-year as a rookie last year.)

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
For those not paying attention, Sherman played a high level in 2011 as well

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
@John_Venerable Nope. But has the ability to be just as good (@John_Venerable said Patrick Peterson > Richard Sherman, no doubt a douche just looking at the Pro Bowl nomination.)

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
@iamlost79 I am not saying he's there yet, just talking abut the baton being passed. (About his best CB of the generation baton being passed from Revis to Sherman.)

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
@drewsexton23 Because Pro Bowl doesn't matter. All-Pro does. He was All-Pro

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
@gully11 @mmehtanydn @rsherman_25 @revis24 Well, yes he is. And he's healthy (@gully11 said Sherman's not even close to Revis.)

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
That's the other thing. People in the East don't see Sherman. If he played for the Jets, people would be going nuts (Even pointing out the east coast bias; nice.)

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
@gully11 @mmehtanydn @rsherman_25 Here's one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=295NI0kV5b0 (Rofl, @gully11 said Revis never got burned by anyone, so Pete links him this video of Revis giving up a TD and losing a step on the receiver.)

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
@gully11 @mmehtanydn @rsherman_25 Ted Ginn running by him? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dRz9WCgXRU (Another example of Revis getting burned; ignorant fans of Revis think he's perfect and never allows anything, Pete's proving otherwise to idiots using the few examples of Sherman giving up something to claim he's nothing compared to Revis.)

Love him or hate him, that's some mad love for Sherman right there. He spent an HOUR on Twitter promoting and defending Richard Sherman. Stuff like this is why I follow him. He says some stupid stuff sometimes, certainly, but he also seems to know what he's talking about in plenty of cases. I'll be curious to see how some of the die-hard Prisco-haters respond to this.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Not only that! When Sherm's playing days are done he has a lucrative career as a tout awaiting him!

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":3klbch0e said:
Thank you Roland for not having a life so others may prosper.

Btw. you'd be invited to the round table for a beer also.

Hey, now; I wasn't even home until an hour ago. I do have a life, and this took me all of 15-18 minutes from seeing Prisco's Tweets about it to writing the post. It's not like it took hours of my life. :)

What's this round table you speak of?

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":hqymsf3n said:
What's this round table you speak of?

A place where raw meat is eaten right off the hoof. What isn't eaten, is ridden home from the drunkest partisipant.

And the drinks shall flow like cascading waters. This of course assuming the waitress hustles her ass off.

Left off the list in another thread...

RockHawk of course. How could i forget him?
Les. You ever come through E-burg and you got time. Lets hook up.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Revis had a couple great seasons and people want to compare him to Deion? Pfffffft. Hate him or love him, Prime Time was on another level than Revis his whole career and it wasn't close. Revis doesn't belong in that group.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
God damn, that Twitter crap is an annoying to read.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Thanks Roland, I caught part of that last night.

I saw Chris Clemons pipe in too and told him to ignore the haters.