#03 Paul McQuistan ... 1066 snaps
#04 E.Thomas ........... 1047 snaps
#05 R.Sherman .......... 1028 snaps
#06 M.Unger .............. 1017 snaps
#07 R.Okung .............. 0981 snaps
#08 R.Wilson .............. 0979 snaps
#09 K.Wright .............. 0973 snaps
#10 B.Wagner ............ 0935 snaps

*Source: Football Outsiders >>> http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts2012

getnasty

Reaction score
Good to see 4 O-linemen on that list, hopefully we can stay healthy next year.

GCrow

Reaction score
*Cue the overly creative minds with Walter Thurmond jokes

GCrow

Reaction score
Fox0r":7xky21wb said:
#53 W. Thurmond ....... III snaps

riker.gif

Fudwamper

Reaction score
#2 GiacoI'mgonnakillu...

That's right, he whoops and plays all downs. God I love him as our RT. Can I was killed when you took down your sig of him.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Does this include Special teams snaps? I was wondering how Wilson wound up with like 130 snaps fewer than Kam? I know Flynn took a few.

kidhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":96l4i7cq said:
Good to see 4 O-linemen on that list, hopefully we can stay healthy next year.

Many people have said that with Cable running the line, we just needed our guys to stay healthy to see success, funnily enough, 4 Offensive linemen on that list and we put 2 in the pro bowl this year. It would really be nice to see what the line can do if Carpenter can stay healthy next season.

mikeak

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":15tx6ui4 said:
Does this include Special teams snaps? I was wondering how Wilson wound up with like 130 snaps fewer than Kam? I know Flynn took a few.

Kam - 127 special teams snaps
Giacomini (more relevant) - 74 ST snaps

HawkFan72

Reaction score
And this list proves why I think McQuistan is one of the most underrated guys on the team.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1m3eh97l said:

Yes ...... every snap counts.

Cartire

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2gsbhhc6 said:
And this list proves why I think McQuistan is one of the most underrated guys on the team.

So much this. Why are people still wanting to see a healthy carpetner? McQuistan has been amazing all season. Carpetner is a career backup from now on.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Pretty impressive for Kam, especially considering he played through the entire season with an ankle injury.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":388soesd said:
HawkFan72":388soesd said:

So much this. Why are people still wanting to see a healthy carpetner? McQuistan has been amazing all season. Carpetner is a career backup from now on.

You do realize that McQuistan played mostly right guard and Carpenter is the slotted LEFT guard when he gets healthy right? I mean you do understand that Carpenter doesn't replace McQuistan when he's healthy, he replaces the duo of Sweezy/Moffitt

mikeak

Reaction score
kidhawk":25glmuf2 said:
Cartire":25glmuf2 said:
HawkFan72":25glmuf2 said:

You do realize that McQuistan played mostly right guard and Carpenter is the slotted LEFT guard when he gets healthy right? I mean you do understand that Carpenter doesn't replace McQuistan when he's healthy, he replaces the duo of Sweezy/Moffitt

Sweezy/Moffit have been doing fantastic. They were not at all involved in us not getting at least 3 pts in the first half against Atlanta.......oh wait

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":302ctnt6 said:

Offensive and Defensive snaps are going to have a different total.

Thanks for posting this! Interesting to see

Cartire

Reaction score
kidhawk":3n3ov7li said:
Cartire":3n3ov7li said:
HawkFan72":3n3ov7li said:

McQuistan was playing LG almost all season. Hes actually listed as a OT, but he never had to play that because both our tackles were solid all season. Moffit/Sweezy were in the RG slot all season unless both hurt (or not playing sweezy), then McQuistan would slide over. The fact that he can play almost any position on the line with good results is what makes him a stud.

The optimal line this season was supposed to be Okung, Carpetner, Unger, Moffit, Gia (Carpetner was supposed to be a RT, but that fell through 2 season ago) When Moffit went out the beginning of the year, McQuistan played RG, but then switched over to LG when Carpetner went out.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Cartire":6tyfis6r said:
HawkFan72":6tyfis6r said:

McQuistan only moved to left guard when Carpenter got hurt. Mcquistan is solid but Carpenter has much higher upside, I believe McQuistan is our 2nd worst in pass pro after Sweezy according to sacks allowed.

NVM it goes Sweezy - Breno - Mcquistan