What is the main reason you come to .net?

Whats your favorite part of .net?

• The jokes, the laughs and the entertainment factor

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Its the easiest place to get Seahawks news

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • The serious (smart) breakdowns and discussion

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • JSeahawks

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • The family feel. .Net is my 2nd family

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Other. I'll explain below

Votes: 13 11.3%

• Total voters

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Another thread got me wondering about this. I'm sure that for most its a combination of all the options but which one is the most important reason that you keep coming to this amazing site?

For me its the laughs and the jokes. I always read the OP's, but after that I very rarely even read the deep, serious discussions.

The Outfield

Reaction score
I'd say mostly for the serious breakdowns and discussion, but it's also a great place to get seahawks news, especially unofficial stuff.

nategreat

Reaction score
Well I hate everyone here, so it's definitely not family. (just kidding)

bellingerga

Reaction score
"other"

I've been a Seahawk fan since I was a child, but I've never really had any friends who are into football. Being part of the hard rock/heavy metal guitarist community I guess you'd say, there are just alot of people who don't understand, and/or absolutely despise sports. So I started coming here because I had no one to share my love of this awesome team with, really.

So really I could check every single option and it would be correct.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Combination of the top 3. First thing I check out is the Shack and then posts from the 'think tank'.

nategreat

Reaction score
bellingerga":3unscfzy said:
"other"

I've been a Seahawk fan since I was a child, but I've never really had any friends who are into football. Being part of the hard rock/heavy metal guitarist community I guess you'd say, there are just alot of people who don't understand, and/or absolutely despise sports. So I started coming here because I had no one to share my love of this awesome team with, really.

So really I could check every single option and it would be correct.

That's cool man, glad you kept up with it!

hawkpride

Reaction score
So for me its the combination of the serious and the entertainment factor (jokes). I have found breaking hawk news here alot of times before I see it in the media, Hmmm
Why go to the news or espn ect., when you guys seem to have it first, Hmmm

grizbob

Reaction score
All of the above :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers: :3: :49ersmall:.......... oh, and also the cool emoticons!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I voted "other" because I come for 3 reasons. Number one, this is my main source of Seahawks' news. Number 2, I really enjoy reading other's opinions and breakdowns and write-ups and etc. And third, it's the best place I know of to express my own Seahawks related opinions.

drdiags

Reaction score
It has changed over the years.

Originally just to find a place to have serious discussions about the team. Spent a few months lurking the ESPN forum in '04 but the topics were baseless cheer leading and seemed juvenile. This place or the old Scout had good writers and discussions that fit my expectations.

Met several posters which seemed to bring a bond. People have moved on and new faces have taken their place.

Trying to wean off the site but it is a habit after 8 yrs of hanging around. Cannot relate to some outlandish claims due to being a fuddy duddy, so for the most part I try to keep my wet blanket shtick to myself. If I could find a mellower forum I probably would go hang out there but there will always be a Verndog or Prelag instigator and I trust this site to eventually ask the really obnoxious ones to move along.

So originally for the feel of the place, now the thrill is gone but I stay because of comfort/safety. Sort of like a marriage.

pehawk

Reaction score
Wow, Doc wants to leave us! That makes me sad, for real.

All of the above.

Also, friend or foe online, I'd do anything for them offline.

hawker84

Reaction score
seahawk news and opinions.. extremely impressed with some of the Seahawk and Football knowledge in general of some of the members here... plus it's very cool to be a part of a community that is as dedicated to this team as i am..

rjdriver

Reaction score
For thiry plus years, I was truly convinced that I was the biggest Seahawk fan alive, and no one could love a team more than I do.

This site showed me I was wrong.

And I love it.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I come here for a few reasons:

-I love the Seahawks, I can't get enough of them.
-Some of the posters on here are damn near [or better] professional sports writers. Amazing insight and complete understanding of football and our system of football.
-The arguments with people over something we have no control over. It gets the blood pumping. At the end of the day we are both fans and just want our team to win.
-A bunch of good people who want to talk.

drdiags

Reaction score
pehawk":2u2hi49s said:
Wow, Doc wants to leave us! That makes me sad, for real.

All of the above.

Also, friend or foe online, I'd do anything for them offline.

Just looking for the "Kenny G" forum for the old playas. But then I would have to hang with the likes of Lymon (I crack myself up).

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Well lets see. I live in SC and there's not a hawks fan to be found around here. Gotta replace the sense of community I miss by not being near any 12s.

We have guys with enough knowledge to run their own blogs, aka hawkblogger or field gulls, but they post here instead, and after every game.

A place to celebrate wins, sulk over losses, and occasionally do the drunk post thing.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I come for news, stay for the other reasons, and leave because of the fourth.

Latest posts