Will Wilson Be Compensated To Appear In Pro Bowl?

HUGGY

Reaction score
The "elected" winner in a Pro Bowl recieves $45,000 ..the losers $22,500.

Chump change for 90% of the players. To Wilson that's big money right now.

I've gone through the search engines and can't find out if Russell is going to get paid...or played!

jkitsune

Reaction score
I'm stunned by the number of people who are concerned about the financial well-being of a man making 6 times the median household income.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Plus, I'm sure he is and will be getting money from several other places.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
jkitsune":3glkse4h said:
I'm stunned by the number of people who are concerned about the financial well-being of a man making 6 times the median household income.

Me,...I have a different view of it. Wilson will most likely bring me much happiness over the next few years. I've gone to several doctors recently that make more than RW and I have to tell ya..I have little expectation they will make me feel better than Mr. Wilson.

I care about "everything" Wilson. Mr. Wilson is worth every penny he makes from here on out.

jkitsune

Reaction score
HUGGY":t9g86b9d said:
jkitsune":t9g86b9d said:

Me,...I have a different view of it. Wilson will most likely bring me much happiness over the next few years. I've gone to several doctors recently that make more than RW and I have to tell ya..I have little expectation they will make me feel better than Mr. Wilson.

I care about "everything" Wilson. Mr. Wilson is worth every penny he makes from here on out.

I suppose, but rookies in the NFL, including Russell Wilson, make far more than the vast majority of doctors make. I don't begrudge Wilson a single dime he earns, but I definitely am not concerned about when the Seahawks (or anyone else) can find a way to pay him more money.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3alui42y said:
Of course he'll get paid.

From what little I can find...If he wasn't "elected" all he gets is air fare and hotel accomodations.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know all the rules but I'm pretty sure you have to pay the man to play the game. It's his job.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
People forget that Wilson probably has endorsements outside of his football contract. Levi I believe is one of them and I'm sure he has more.

hawker84

Reaction score
i sure as hell wouldn't be risking my body if i wasn't getting paid.. especially if i wasn't elected... i'd be in costa rica boning my hot wife on a stack of playbooks and game film.

OP
OP
HUGGY

HUGGY

Reaction score
hawker84":9odmf0eu said:
i sure as hell wouldn't be risking my body if i wasn't getting paid.. especially if i wasn't elected... i'd be in costa rica boning my hot wife on a stack of playbooks and game film.

The Pro Bowl is a dog and pony show. Nobody gets hurt. Nobody gets tackled hard. Wilson has nothing to fear except maybe his wife might want to get on with the honeymoon and some personal time with Russell.

What I can't seem to figure out is what "third alternate'" in the voting means. I'm pretty sure that non elected players do not get the $42,500 for winning or the $22.500 for losing in the Pro Bowl.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
HUGGY":1p14dlp4 said:
hawker84":1p14dlp4 said:

The Pro Bowl is a dog and pony show. Nobody gets hurt. Nobody gets tackled hard. Wilson has nothing to fear except maybe his wife might want to get on with the honeymoon and some personal time with Russell.

What I can't seem to figure out is what "third alternate'" in the voting means. I'm pretty sure that non elected players do not get the $42,500 for winning or the $22.500 for losing in the Pro Bowl.

I think your completely wrong. If your on the squad than you get the money. How could it be any other way? Do you honestly think these "replacements" for the orginal pro-bowlers would play for nothing? Ridiculous.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
jkitsune":1sgc24gi said:
This is a very common, but misplaced sentiment. Yeah, NFL players, even the bottom tier, make more money than most. But it's a matter of being competitively compensated within the job market. There's absolutely no doubt that he's vastly underpaid based on performance and relative value across his position. So when people say he is underpaid, it's because of the relative market of the NFL, not a concern for his ability to make ends meet.

Fox0r

Reaction score
Russell Wilson will make more during the length of his rookie contract than many Americans will see in an ENTIRE lifetime of work. I'm not crying tears for him making league minimum.

jkitsune

Reaction score
MadSweeney":24x4x3tq said:
jkitsune":24x4x3tq said:
This is a very common, but misplaced sentiment. Yeah, NFL players, even the bottom tier, make more money than most. But it's a matter of being competitively compensated within the job market. There's absolutely no doubt that he's vastly underpaid based on performance and relative value across his position. So when people say he is underpaid, it's because of the relative market of the NFL, not a concern for his ability to make ends meet.

As Foxor notes below, I'm really not concerned with his salary compared to his peers. I'm pointing out his salary compared to the vast majority of Americans.

I don't begrudge Russell a single red cent he earns. He worked his way into an extremely competitive, extremely lucrative field. Good for him. He deserves it. We could have a very long discussion about society's priorities, but there's a reason why NFL players make so much - the NFL makes so much off of them. And off of us. I get that.

But that doesn't mean that I'm up in arms about whether or not he gets an extra $40k (which is more than many make in an entire year) to participate in the Pro Bowl. I'm not up in arms about him having to play out a rookie contract that ONLY pays him $700k in its third year. And honestly? I don't think Russell Wilson is up in arms about any of these things, either. He's filthy rich as it is and the idea of an 'entry level salary' for a high-performing first-year employee is a pretty common idea to most of us.

Latest posts