does anyone know our line stats?

Crizilla

Reaction score
what our O line and D line ranked when talking about sacks, sacks given up, etc etc

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
What research have you done?

What have you googled thus far so we don't duplicate efforts?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Can I bring up Football Outsiders' metrics, or will I get bashed for that?

kearly

Reaction score
We had a good line last year. But that comes with the caveat that lines look better or worse depending on the talent behind it. Wilson and Lynch both made our line look better than it really was, but whoever you assign credit to, the end result was pretty good.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Seattle ranked 20th in sacks allowed in 2012. But we all knew that pass-protection was the weakest area for the OL.

meanwhile Seattle ranked 6th in rushing yards/Att. @ 4.8 ypc.
4th in rushing First downs with 60.

Seattle was 18th in league for Sacks in 2012 - collecting a paltry 36 sacks. (It's not very good when nearly 1/4 of all your sacks comes in 1 game.)

Perhaps the most disappointing was Seattle's Rush Defense which ended the year ranked #23 with a 4.5 yards/ carry average.

I'd say just looking at the overall stats- that the OL was much better than our DL.

The OL was average in pass protection but was near elite in Rushing production (I know alot of that had to due with the Zone read the last half of the year). Still the OL has some growth to do but, if it picks up where it left off this year than our OL will be a strength in 2013.

On the flip side the DL started off really strong nearing the top in league in fewest rushing yards as well as rushing average. That fell apart mid-way through the year and we weren't a strong rushing defense. To make matters worse we very inconsistent in pressuring oppsing QB's.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... fied=false

My grades just from this analysis.
OL- Overall B-
Rushing- B+, Pass Pro- C

DL- Overall C+
Rushing- C+
Pass Rush- C

RolandDeschain

Reaction score