Remember Brian Banks?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Remember Brian Banks?
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:25 pm
  • Seems like forever ago -- but the big off-season story was Brian Banks. He had a few "tryouts" with the Seahawks and some other teams. Somehow we couldn't find a spot on the 90 man training camp roster but Pete sure had lots of optimism that he could maybe someday compete for a roster spot.

Lots of teams sung his praises. No one signed him to an NFL contract.

He landed on a UFL roster, but not sure he ever played, or even got paid by the money-strapped league.

January is the time of year teams sign "street" free-agents. Guys who start the off-season on the roster. Many of these guys get cut after the draft as their spots get taken by draft picks and other promising rookies. If Banks was going to get a shot, this would be the moment. It basically costs any team nothing to sign him, bring him in, and let him participate in the off-season program. If he shows real potential, he may even make it to training camp.

However, as of right now Brian Banks remains un-signed.

Apparantly he was a great story, but never a legitimate prospect.
    * NET Staff *

Re: Remember Brian Banks?
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:28 pm
  • I was thinking about him the other day. Would not at all be surprised to see him added to our roster.

FYI, he just Tweeted the other day "Dear NFL...I'm not done yet".
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:41 pm
  • I was just thinking about him the other day too, wondering whatever came out of his tryouts, if anything.

Hopefully he's busted his butt to get conditioned this last few months and some teams will give him another look this year.
    bellingerga
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:43 pm
  • Hawkstorian wrote:Seems like forever ago -- but the big off-season story was Brian Banks. He had a few "tryouts" with the Seahawks and some other teams. Somehow we couldn't find a spot on the 90 man training camp roster but Pete sure had lots of optimism that he could maybe someday compete for a roster spot.

Lots of teams sung his praises. No one signed him to an NFL contract.

He landed on a UFL roster, but not sure he ever played, or even got paid by the money-strapped league.

January is the time of year teams sign "street" free-agents. Guys who start the off-season on the roster. Many of these guys get cut after the draft as their spots get taken by draft picks and other promising rookies. If Banks was going to get a shot, this would be the moment. It basically costs any team nothing to sign him, bring him in, and let him participate in the off-season program. If he shows real potential, he may even make it to training camp.

However, as of right now Brian Banks remains un-signed.

Apparantly he was a great story, but never a legitimate prospect.

Love ya John, but kind of an odd point.

We all knew the odds we're long heading in, but liked the story and circumstances.
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 pm
  • No John, we all forgot him.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:22 pm
  • yeah he landed a ufl job and then the ufl closed up... he should try cfl for a season to get into shape
    StaffAmerica74
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:21 pm
  • If I were him, I'd try to land a spot as a running back in the LFL. I'd love to get gang tackled by those ladies. ;)
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 pm
  • I was pulling for him...Would be a fantastic story, regardless of what team he ended up with.

"The Seahawks showed today that they regarded me highly and I appreciate that, and I will continue to show how much I regard Paul Allen and the Seattle Seahawks with my play." - Richard Sherman
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:47 pm
  • StaffAmerica74 wrote:yeah he landed a ufl job and then the ufl closed up... he should try cfl for a season to get into shape

would love to see that.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:52 pm
  • Saw him on Twitter the other day. He said, "Dear #NFL ...I'm not done yet :) -Brian Banks"
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:33 pm
  • Thought about him when I saw the Futures signings
    SPOHAWK
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:13 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information