Votes: 53 50.0%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • @Redskins

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters

red17hawk

Reaction score
Now that the offseason is here, we will be resorting to top-10 lists and what-not :(

So what do you guys think was the most IMPRESSIVE win of our season?

When I think impressive I think factors like "no one really expected us to win", "come from behind when we thought we were lost", "sheer awesomeness of the win".

So what say you?

I think the dominant win over the 49ers at home was the most impressive win of the season. It has set the tone for NFC West for years to come. While it wasn't a "come from behind win" the "sheer awesomeness of the win" was bar-none!

BTW in the poll I have only 6 options (with all due respect to the Cowboys, Vikings, Jets, Rams, Bills, Panthers). BTW, isn't it awesome that our list of victories don't even fit on one poll! :p

CANHawk

Reaction score
I think the complete and total dismantling of hte eventual NFC champs has to be #1. But having the stones to come back against Chicago on the road is a pretty close #2.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
For me it's the Bears game. NOBODY expected us to win, and HOW we won was incredible. The 49ers game was a close second but all the nay-sayers will always point out the 49ers were drained coming into that game.

Veilside

Reaction score
I voted Patriots. Early in the season it was great to see our offense "out Patriot" the #1 offense in the league. It was a huge test for Wilson to step it up with Lynch getting shutdown and he showed us then what we know now. He's the man.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Coming back from being down two scores in the 4th quarter against the Patriots. The 49ers win was my favorite of the year, but most of us knew they could win that game based the team's improvement over the season. The Patriots victory was the one gave us that first glimpse of how good this team and QB could be. This is the right answer.

CANHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3hix8f00 said:
Coming back from being down two scores in the 4th quarter against the Patriots. The 49ers win was my favorite of the year, but most of us knew they could win that game based the team's improvement over the season. The Patriots victory was the one gave us that first glimpse of how good this team and QB could be. This is the right answer.

Well thank you professor for pointing that out to the rest of us dumbshits that might have thought otherwise...

Steve2222

Reaction score
Bears game. Thats what turned this team into Elite level. Damn what could have been if we only could have held off ATL last week. Im not saying we would have beat SF at Candlestick, but it would have been a dogfight.

It's remarkable that our biggest loss this year was by a TD. No other team can say that.

hawker84

Reaction score
i voted Pats as well.. watching our rookie outduel brady was awsome for me... that's the game that convinced me to be all in on the RW bandwagon..

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
49ers game. We dismantled them, and that's going to have far reaching effects in the future.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
CANHawk":q8gu8zgt said:
Sarlacc83":q8gu8zgt said:
49ers game. We dismantled them, and that's going to have far reaching effects in the future.

no no no... that's not the right answer...

Right, sorry. A game we could have lost was a more impressive victory than disrobing a Super Bowl contender (at the time, now obviously NFC Champ) on National TV. I recant.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
1.) 49ers

Like it or not the 49ers are one of if not the best team in the NFL, and in that game, we simply outplayed and dominated them in every facet of football. That is the definition of an impressive win in the NFL.

2.) Patriots

I wonder how many teams have been down by two touchdowns to Tom Brady with 8 minutes left and won the game? That was impressive because it was the beginning of this team showing that they weren't going to let themselves be out of any game in the 4th quarter. The offense came alive, Wilson silenced his critics, and the defense shut down Brady when it mattered most.

3.) Bears

Not sure this even belongs at #3 because while this was an impressive game for Wilson and his late heroics, the entirety of the game was sloppy on offense, and the defense gave up too much late. I guess I wasn't as impressed with the performance as I was the resiliency late.

Veilside

Reaction score
I loved the 9er game, but to me it was the equivelent of how the 9ers should feel had they beat us without Earl Thomas playing. The Bears were also on a huge decline at the time we beat them and hardly the #1 defense they were earlier in the year, but it was a huge road win and signaled the true awakening of Wilson's potential. I'd vote Bears second to the Patriots.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3plxgwhl said:
For me it's the Bears game. NOBODY expected us to win, and HOW we won was incredible. The 49ers game was a close second but all the nay-sayers will always point out the 49ers were drained coming into that game.
That's how I voted, even before reading thru all the other posts.
I saw the Bears game as a matured Russell Wilson getting "IT" while on the road.
And as for the 49rs being drained in that game with the Seahawks at the CLINK?,,It was the 12th man fans, and the Seahawks that pulled that plug and made that drain happen.
Now, as for over all psych. of the Seahawks - 9rs game?, Harbaugh knows he stands a damned good chance on loseing every game he has to Coach in Seattle :16:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
CANHawk":2s6urnb1 said:
Sarlacc83":2s6urnb1 said:

no no no... that's not the right answer...

It really isn't. We'd already outscored our last two opponents 108-17 heading into that game. Everyone in Seattle knew what we were capable of at that point. The 49ers game just put it on display for a national audience. Again, my favorite win of the year, but not the most impressive at the time it happened.

Patriots game is the most impressive. Heading in, several fans and pundits were still demanding that Flynn get the start. Remember, this is a week after barely beating the Panthers and two weeks after crapping the bed against the Rams. Seattle goes down two scores in the Fourth to Tom motherfreakin' Brady. Wilson then leads the unfathomable comeback and the defense gets its ONLY imperative last minute stop of the year. Within days, the Times publishing multiple articles annointing RW as THE MAN.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Our 58-0 win over the Cardinals was one of the most dominant performances in NFL history. Sure, they rolled over and died like pussies, but it was the most impressive win IMO. 9ers & Patriots wins felt better though, that's for sure.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
For me it's clearly the Bears game. On the road and against the top-ranked D (or close to it)... and then the 97-yard drive to go ahead... and then the 80-yard drive to win the game in OT. VERY impressive.

Our season turned on a dime in that game.

The 9ers game was a close 2nd... but we had the 12th man and the advantage that comes with it so I rated it lower.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3im4rmcw said:
For me it's clearly the Bears game. On the road and against the top-ranked D (or close to it)... and then the 97-yard drive to go ahead... and then the 80-yard drive to win the game in OT. VERY impressive.

Our season turned on a dime in that game.

The 9ers game was a close 2nd... but we had the 12th man and the advantage that comes with it so I rated it lower.

Yep. This is the right answer. I might add that in addition to coming back on the road against the Bears, that was easily the worst officiated game of the year no question. Overcoming that adversity as well as the eleven guys on the other side of the ball told be that our team had fianlly come of age.

12thMan1

Reaction score
While I feel that the 49ners win was brilliant and one of my favorites, I consider the Bears game to be the most impressive. Not only did Wilson take the lead at the end of regulation but when the defense failed to stop Cutler and Marshall, Wilson took charge and won the game in a single drive in OT. Wilson is CLUTCH. He proved that in the Patriots, Packers, Bears and the Atlanta game. 3 out of 4 aint bad for a "rookie" QB.