Seahawk Run Defense

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Seahawk Run Defense
Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:17 pm
  • Early in the year, this was a strength. However, as the season wore on (especially at ened of regular season and playoffs) the run defense was pathetic. It seemed as though they couldn't stop anyone. Was it a scheme change that caused this decline? Why did run defense go from one of the best to being really bad in a matter of few weeks? I hope JS and PC address this during the offseason. It may be a re-haul of the DL to fix but for a team that lack's pass rushers there is no excuse for it being this bad on run defense. Especially one that prides itself in being a top 5 defense.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Re: Seahawk Run Defense
Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:19 pm
  • Red's foot injury was a big difference. He couldn't hold his position like he did last year. He just wasn't as stout.

Hopefully, he comes back 100% next season.
    EastCoastHawksFan posted... "Trading for Harvin is by far the worst move John S has ever made." (March 18, 2014)

your World Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:21 pm
  • only game where interior runs were killing us was against the 49ers but we fixed that problem. I feel like Red Bryant was our weakness when hes at DE. Hes pretty slow and i noticed especially in the redskins games that he is easy to hook. You could also see this on alot of teams that began expoiting our outside Run Defense like Buffalo and Minnisota.

Atlanta destroyed us with the interior runs also though, That mightve had something to do with irvin getting driven 5 yards back each play.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:21 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:Red's foot injury was a big difference. He couldn't hold his position like he did last year. He just wasn't as stout.

It was amazing that Red could play at all, Planter facitous is very painful (sp)
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:Red's foot injury was a big difference. He couldn't hold his position like he did last year. He just wasn't as stout.

While that may be true...I believe there is a bigger issue than just Red's foot. And if Red is playing with a hurt foot, then I question the defensive and PC coaching. They should not have played him. Let him get 100% and be more effective. To have one player be the reason of whether the defense is strong or weak is not a trait of a good defense. Definitely need to get quality guys so they don't have to rely on one player. That's absurd.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:45 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    onanygivensunday wrote:Red's foot injury was a big difference. He couldn't hold his position like he did last year. He just wasn't as stout.

While that may be true...I believe there is a bigger issue than just Red's foot. And if Red is playing with a hurt foot, then I question the defensive and PC coaching. They should not have played him. Let him get 100% and be more effective. To have one player be the reason of whether the defense is strong or weak is not a trait of a good defense. Definitely need to get quality guys so they don't have to rely on one player. That's absurd.

I would agree with you except for the fact that it was the playoffs. If Red wasn't playing that would mean Branch would play DE opposite Irvin, and with Jones out, Scruggs would probably start at DT. Why weaken 2 positions in such an important game? It's true we lacked DL depth.....once again.
    "If the opportunity presents itself, we're going to come get you. You’re part of the family. You're part of us. You helped us start this thing." - John Schneider before releasing Michael Robinson
    Veilside
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:24 pm
  • Hawks can definitely improve in that category
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information