Where will Flynn play next year?

joeshaney

Reaction score
The Jaguars makes a lot of sense.
Maybe for Cecil Shorts and their 3rd round pick.....

There's also the Jets perhaps.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
joeshaney":3c6u2u7d said:
The Jaguars makes a lot of sense.
Maybe for Cecil Shorts and their 3rd round pick.....

There's also the Jets perhaps.

You may not be able to get a third round pick at all for Flynn, and certainly not combined with a quality player.

hawktawk

Reaction score
KC. We trade second round picks and then select Margus Hunt to go along with our first round selection, Cordarrelle Patterson.

redhawk253

Reaction score
hawktawk":1y8dd4kv said:
KC. We trade second round picks and then select Margus Hunt to go along with our first round selection, Cordarrelle Patterson.

Patterson has shot up draft rankings as of late.. No chance he's still around at 25.. We'd have to move wayyy up.

OP
OP
J

joeshaney

Reaction score
Obviously there's a chance he stays.....but if he leaves.....

And I could understand a 3rd plus a quality player being thought of as a bit much, but at the same time quarterback is by fa the most important and difficult position to fill.
If Gus Bradley likes Flynn enough to trade for him than he would also be a shoe in to start.

A third round pick is the minimum I see us giving him away for and I could see a player, maybe not as good as shorts, coming as well.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Jaguars are getting Tebow.
Cardinals are getting Mike Glennon from NC State
KC is going to get Flynn. We better get one of their studs.

pinksheets

Reaction score
joeseahawks":l30oqruz said:
Uh, why?

Andy Reid rips people off with backup QBs, not the other way around. He's not going to give up an elite player for Matt freaking Flynn.

Throwdown

Reaction score
lol We are not getting anything higher than a 4th for Flynn, book that, and we sure aren't getting a player for him.

OP
OP
J

joeshaney

Reaction score
pinksheets":1vqzrqbj said:
joeseahawks":1vqzrqbj said:
Uh, why?

Andy Reid rips people off with backup QBs, not the other way around. He's not going to give up an elite player for Matt freaking Flynn.

I agree with you, however, it sounds like you are undervaluing Flynn.
The guys a good, starting caliber quarterback. I don't expect us to get a first round pick or likely even a second. Nonetheless, for any of you who think he won't be targeted by teams in need of a qb, you are blinded by Russell Wilson's success.

Matt Flynn is a good QB plain and simple. He's not a worthless asset as some of you seem to assume. He will either be in Seattle next year or net us something of value.

pinksheets

Reaction score
joeshaney":mb9i7wwf said:
pinksheets":mb9i7wwf said:
joeseahawks":mb9i7wwf said:
Uh, why?

I agree with you, however, it sounds like you are undervaluing Flynn.
The guys a good, starting caliber quarterback. I don't expect us to get a first round pick or likely even a second. Nonetheless, for any of you who think he won't be targeted by teams in need of a qb, you are blinded by Russell Wilson's success.

Matt Flynn is a good QB plain and simple. He's not a worthless asset as some of you seem to assume. He will either be in Seattle next year or net us something of value.
When has Matt Flynn proven that he's a good, starting caliber quarterback? He had his 2 big games in GB, then played some preseason games here. I don't know when it was established that Flynn is a proven starting QB in this league, let alone a good one. At this point we're just declaring what we hoped Matt Flynn to be when we signed him/before Russell was in the picture as reality, when we never got to that point.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
You really think Brady Quinn and Matt Cassell will flourish under Reid? This is a win now league. You win now or you need to look for another job. KC needs a QB who is ready to play. I think Flynn is readier to play than the other choices they have. KC will need to find a QB or at the minimum ... create some serious competition. Flynn is the best asset on the market. Not sure what he will cost, but I can imagine some veteran wanting to walk and get a chance to win.
pinksheets":20clsih8 said:
joeseahawks":20clsih8 said:
Uh, why?

OP
OP
J

joeshaney

Reaction score
If your asking me if Matt Flynn has won a ton of NFL games or played a full season the easy answer is no.
What has he proved. Every opportunity he's been given he's performed better than good. Whether we are talking about college or pros.

In the event that Gus Bradley targets Matt Flynn, it would be pretty obviously due to the fact that (despite lack of in game experience) he has proved his value as a starting QB. Bradley knows all he could know about Matt. He is a smart and extremely accurate quarterback he would relish the opportunity to start.

Don't jump to conclusions just because Russell Wilson beat him to the punch this year. That's flat out retarded. Wilson is a special, special player who beat and has beaten all odds stacked against him. Flynn is a far superior option than anything the Jaguars will be able to get on their roster, through free agency, or through the draft.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Don't jump to the conclusion that just because the guy who beat him out is really good, that he himself must be at least close to really good.

He's still a guy, who is now 28, who has not proven that he can be a starter in this league. Maybe someone wants to give him a shot to prove it, but that's where he is. We're overstating his value anytime we talk about him being "proven", because he isn't. He's a guy that had shown enough in his 2 starts to get a shot, he didn't win on that shot, now we'll see if anybody else is willing to give him another shot, but that doesn't usually mean a high pick. Somebody like Reid will probably be more inclined to go after Foles in Philly if Kelly wants nothing to do with him, or if he doesn't want a QB at 1.1, look at a guy in the 2nd or 3rd. There is no sure thing guy in this draft, but there is depth in terms of prospects, and these our kids that the league will see as having higher upside most likely. There isn't any evidence to suggest, yet, that people in the NFL view Matt Flynn as a starter. I find it unlikely, unless a team makes a bonehead move, that they're going to give up a high pick or "stud" player for an unproven 28 year old career backup. A mid to late-round pick and losing Flynn's cap space is a big win for us and a semi-realistic goal.

OP
OP
J

joeshaney

Reaction score
Neither me nor you know how good he really is.....
But I assure you that Bradley knows.
He will either be a Seattle Seahawk next year or he will be moved to a team who values him as more than a backup. In such a scenario he will net us value.

I'm not saying that I am sure he is going to be a great quarterback. However, if he is traded it will be because someone values him as such.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
"You're undervaluing Flynn!"

"No, you're overvaluing him!"

"Shut up!"

"No, you shut up!"

I think it's hilarious how this argument has morphed over the last year. I most definitely side with those who say certain fans are massively overvaluing Flynn. And I really don't think too many are saying he's a bum. Just overly sensitive folks taking "he's not amazing" comments way too harsh.

I disagree that any team trading for him is going to do so because they think he's amazing and the man. We acquired him last year while at the same time drafting a rookie that we liked a lot with a decently high pick. I could most certainly see another team do the same. Acquire Flynn as a low risk starter for the interim while also drafting a rookie with a 2nd or 3rd rounder to develop. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see that happen.

Latest posts