Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:49 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2362
Zowert wrote:
Who thinks that after this season, we could be seeing the start of a Seahawks Dynasty? Or is it too early to tell?

I mean if you think about it, we're past the "rebuilding" stage now. I think this season officially brought the 'rebuilding phase' (aka an excuse for going 7-9).
Thanks


Well, gee, Zowert. If the second season after making wholesale roster changes isn't still a rebuild season what is? Most of our roster churning happened in the off season prior to that. We still had an interim QB for chrissake.

Ah well, you do seem to live in a Maddenesch world, so I guess I'll give you a pass. :34853_doh: :34853_doh: 7-9 wasn't too bad considering it was Carroll's second year.


Last edited by HawKnPeppa on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:52 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Rival Country
60's PAckers
70's Steelers
80's 49ers
90's Cowboys
00's Patriots
10's Seac**ks

I can see it because we're going to ram it into our opponents

_________________
Image
sig by Ramster


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:01 pm
Posts: 2362
The Battle #83 wrote:
60's PAckers
70's Steelers
80's 49ers
90's Cowboys
00's Patriots
10's Seac**ks

I can see it because we're going to ram it into our opponents


Haha! You gave me a start for a second. I guess a good comeback for enemy fans using that word is "yea, that's us, and you'll be on the receiving end."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 pm 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Posts: 128
Location: The Wall
While I would like and hope for the Seahawks to win the NFC West for the next decade or so, and win multiple Super Bowls, realistically I don't think we'll be a dynasty.

We'll be competitive in many of those years I think, but with how the NFL is right now, the parity, and how college football players are coming into the draft more prepared than ever before, I think too much can change in a season for a team to maintain dominance for a long period of time.

Not to mention I think most teams that have dominated their division for close to 10 years tend to play in divisions that have been weak for a while. Like the Patriots in the AFC East and the Colts in the AFC South.

The Steelers, for all their success, have never really had a chokehold on the AFC North. They tend to swap the title back and forth with the Ravens, with the occasional Bengals team winning the North.

Since the Seahawks are playing in arguably the strongest division, with the Rams on the rise, and the Cardinals really only a few pieces away from being a strong team, I'd say it'll be a lot to ask that we put a chokehold on the NFC West for years and years to come.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:39 am
Posts: 302
Location: Spokane, WA
Fox0r wrote:
I'm not buying into the dynasty talk until we actually win a title. Until then, it is just wishful thinking. This city has too much bad history to ignore.

Yeah I'm on board with this one. We would all love to have the dynasty team in Seattle! But, we really haven't done anything yet.

Lots of optimism and raised expectations for the next few seasons, but until we win that first Super Bowl it's all just a dream at this point

_________________
No autographs please


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:44 am 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am
Posts: 6
I think we Seattle sports fans have been so starved for a good team for so long that it's very easy to get caught up in the fact that now we have a team that's a contender. But I think because of that, we're getting way ahead of ourselves. We didn't win the division, and we didn't win on the road against the Falcons when it really counted. I think because of that we've still got quite a bit of work to put in before we can even dream about our team being a "dynasty"

Do we have a good team? Yes, absolutely. Will we be in contention each year if things continue down the same path they have and we plug up the holes in our offense/defense? Yes, absolutely. But it's way too soon to start talking dynasty, or even SuperBowl at this point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:59 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2483
The problem with dynasty talk is we have another team in our division that is REALLY REALLY good and isn't going anywhere (49'ers), and another team in our division that is also improving drastically (Rams)........so all this dynasty talk is hard for me to digest.

The Hawks are going to be good for the foreseeable future, maybe even really good. But we're also going to be fighting for our playoff lives every year for the foreseeable future with the Rams and niners in our division.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
Posts: 2506
Location: South of Heaven
The Niners and us is a great rivalry. I also view what Fischer is doing as a good competition.

We will be closer if we can get a truly dominate dEFENSIVE LINE. That would be hot.

I also believe that component will define this regime.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
personally i don't care about all this dynasty talk.. i've lived throught the sonics years, mariners high and LOWS, seahawks highs and lows, and have had my heart broken every year.. don't even get me started on my cougars...

so if in fact the day comes that one of those teams should actually win it all, ( sonics again ), i will drop dead on the spot of a heart attack and won't be able to watch the dynasty take place anyways... so i'm just shooting for one title.. i'll take a Gonzaga championship at this point.. just give me somethin before i croak please.. and no Eastern Eagles or Seattle Storm don't count.

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:18 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:31 am
Posts: 466
Is this conversation really happening?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:45 am 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 10
We beat the 49ers on their last of 4 out of 5 on the road. According to many of my fellow fans we were already SB champions. I was telling my friends at the time how much this team is a fluke. Before that we beat two cream puffs. Wow we can put up 50 against The Cards? Alex Smith almost did that to both the Cards and Bills, but Harbaugh didn't pull a Carroll and run up the score. We're really not a very good team, and we could barely beat the Redskins who are probably the worst playoff team in history besides our team a couple years ago that somehow made it to the SB.

0 Super Bowls, a second round exit, and a HC who gives playoff games away. That's not the makings of dynasty. That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had. They beat the 49ers twice, and split between us. They have a much better shot at becomming a consistent playoff team than us.

To be honest if it wasn't for our home field advantage and us blairing crowd noise to help us out we probably would be a team drafting top 3. We can only win at home and beat the measley Redskins with a QB with a major knee injury. Is that really dynasty material?

Dynasty? No. Maybe making the playoffs every other year? Maybe.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:52 am 
*NET FCC Liaison*
User avatar
Online

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
Posts: 22928
Location: Kirkland, WA
BestInTheWest wrote:
We beat the 49ers on their last of 4 out of 5 on the road. According to many of my fellow fans we were already SB champions. I was telling my friends at the time how much this team is a fluke. Before that we beat two cream puffs. Wow we can put up 50 against The Cards? Alex Smith almost did that to both the Cards and Bills, but Harbaugh didn't pull a Carroll and run up the score. We're really not a very good team, and we could barely beat the Redskins who are probably the worst playoff team in history besides our team a couple years ago that somehow made it to the SB.

0 Super Bowls, a second round exit, and a HC who gives playoff games away. That's not the makings of dynasty. That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had. They beat the 49ers twice, and split between us. They have a much better shot at becomming a consistent playoff team than us.

Dynasty? No. Maybe making the playoffs every other year? Maybe.


You are a liar. You're pretending to be a Seahawks fan when you're really a 49ers fan. You say Pete ran up the score? He put his BACKUP QUARTERBACK IN THE GAME 5 minutes into the second half, and we were pretty much using all backups in the entire 4th quarter against Arizona. That's not running up the score. Running up the score is going for two points after a TD when you're up by 5 scores late in the 4th quarter. Sound familiar? It's what your BFF Jim Harbaugh did to USC when he was coaching Stanford. When's the last time a backup played just shy of half an entire game in the NFL when the starter was fine, performing admirably, and the game meant something i.e. didn't have #1/#2 seed locked up? Now shut it. How much time did the then-backup Kaepernick see against the Bills? Hmmm? Answer the question, 49ers fan. Your initial registration got denied on this forum because we're trying to be flooded by bandwagon 49ers fans, so you registered under the guise of being a Seahawks fan. Will you even admit to it?

Someone get rid of this jabroni.

_________________
Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
*RedAlice is right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 am 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 10
RolandDeschain wrote:
BestInTheWest wrote:
We beat the 49ers on their last of 4 out of 5 on the road. According to many of my fellow fans we were already SB champions. I was telling my friends at the time how much this team is a fluke. Before that we beat two cream puffs. Wow we can put up 50 against The Cards? Alex Smith almost did that to both the Cards and Bills, but Harbaugh didn't pull a Carroll and run up the score. We're really not a very good team, and we could barely beat the Redskins who are probably the worst playoff team in history besides our team a couple years ago that somehow made it to the SB.

0 Super Bowls, a second round exit, and a HC who gives playoff games away. That's not the makings of dynasty. That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had. They beat the 49ers twice, and split between us. They have a much better shot at becomming a consistent playoff team than us.

Dynasty? No. Maybe making the playoffs every other year? Maybe.


You are a liar. You're pretending to be a Seahawks fan when you're really a 49ers fan. You say Pete ran up the score? He put his BACKUP QUARTERBACK IN THE GAME 5 minutes into the second half, and we were pretty much using all backups in the entire 4th quarter against Arizona. That's not running up the score. Running up the score is going for two points after a TD when you're up by 5 scores late in the 4th quarter. Sound familiar? It's what your BFF Jim Harbaugh did to USC when he was coaching Stanford. When's the last time a backup played just shy of half an entire game in the NFL when the starter was fine, performing admirably, and the game meant something i.e. didn't have #1/#2 seed locked up? Now shut it. How much time did the then-backup Kaepernick see against the Bills? Hmmm? Answer the question, 49ers fan. Your initial registration got denied on this forum because we're trying to be flooded by bandwagon 49ers fans, so you registered under the guise of being a Seahawks fan. Will you even admit to it?

Someone get rid of this jabroni.


Nah broseph, hate the 49ers, that whinny Harblow and Kaepernack. Just don't see us making the playoffs if we can't win more games in the division and get help by the refs.

We were 4-5 midway through the season, with the GB lucky win. We then played
-Minnesota
-NY Jets
-Miami Dolphins
-Chicago
-Arizona
-Buffalo
-SF
-St. Louis

5 out of 8 being at home. All but SF and Chicago are pretty much gimmies. Our schedule was probably the easiest schedule in the entire NFL to finish out the season. We beat the easy teams we were supposed too, and thus we thought we were good. Again we barely beat the Redskins in the playoffs, and that's with a QB that couldn't even play his game. We were getting destroyed before he (RG3) fell out of bounds. After that, he was never the same and we barely won.

Sorry I don't see things like most. But again, we really didn't do anything.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Spanaway, WA
BestInTheWest wrote:
Sorry I don't see things like most. But again, we really didn't do anything.

Look...we went 4-4 to start the season with a rookie QB. With the RW we know now, play those 8 games again -- with everything else being equal and none of this butterfly effect stuff -- we either go 5-3 (would have resulted in winning the west and being the #2 seed) or even 6-2 (and WOULD HAVE BEEN THE #1 SEED.) WE WERE THAT CLOSE!!

Shore up a better division showing (we were 8-2 outside the division) and we will be just fine (even the Falcons went 3-3 in their division though they don't have the same HFA we have!)

I'm not going to say that we are going to be a dynasty, but we have the core group to do it. We are one of the youngest teams in the league and are only going to get better!

_________________
Image
"Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:50 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 2658
BestInTheWest wrote:
Nah broseph, hate the 49ers, that whinny Harblow and Kaepernack. Just don't see us making the playoffs if we can't win more games in the division and get help by the refs.

We were 4-5 midway through the season, with the GB lucky win. We then played
-Minnesota
-NY Jets
-Miami Dolphins
-Chicago
-Arizona
-Buffalo
-SF
-St. Louis

5 out of 8 being at home. All but SF and Chicago are pretty much gimmies. Our schedule was probably the easiest schedule in the entire NFL to finish out the season. We beat the easy teams we were supposed too, and thus we thought we were good. Again we barely beat the Redskins in the playoffs, and that's with a QB that couldn't even play his game. We were getting destroyed before he (RG3) fell out of bounds. After that, he was never the same and we barely won.

Sorry I don't see things like most. But again, we really didn't do anything.


Gimmies? That's why they play the game. Were you expecting Madden scoring? A win is a win is a win. Did you look at the Broncos entire schedule??? That was a cake walk. The NFL pretty much gifted the playoffs and a Super Bowl birth to Manning and CO. We had a damn amazing season under a rookie QB who lit up the NFL. Much, much, much brighter days lay ahead.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:04 am 
NET Rookie
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:55 pm
Posts: 128
Location: The Wall
BestInTheWest wrote:
That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had.


Image

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:09 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: Tri Cities, WA
BestInTheWest wrote:
We beat the 49ers on their last of 4 out of 5 on the road. According to many of my fellow fans we were already SB champions. I was telling my friends at the time how much this team is a fluke. Before that we beat two cream puffs. Wow we can put up 50 against The Cards? Alex Smith almost did that to both the Cards and Bills, but Harbaugh didn't pull a Carroll and run up the score. We're really not a very good team, and we could barely beat the Redskins who are probably the worst playoff team in history besides our team a couple years ago that somehow made it to the SB.

0 Super Bowls, a second round exit, and a HC who gives playoff games away. That's not the makings of dynasty. That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had. They beat the 49ers twice, and split between us. They have a much better shot at becomming a consistent playoff team than us.

To be honest if it wasn't for our home field advantage and us blairing crowd noise to help us out we probably would be a team drafting top 3. We can only win at home and beat the measley Redskins with a QB with a major knee injury. Is that really dynasty material?

Dynasty? No. Maybe making the playoffs every other year? Maybe.


boy you're not obvious at all :141847_bnono:

_________________
World Champs - Sounds good don't it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 am 
* NET X's & O's Guru *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
Posts: 8623
Location: PNW
Hey, I have a GREAT idea! I'll register the name "BestintheWest" and then act like I'm not a 49ers fan by shit talking the Seahawks!

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:29 am 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14123
Location: Portland, OR
BestInTheWest is the Manti Te'o of this board.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:31 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:22 am
Posts: 10
People wonder why I just joined the forum. Well look how I get treated. Called a traitor. Hey it's not my fault, just don't think there is any solid evidence that this team is a start of a dynasty. Getting to the SB(and winning) is a first priority, and we can't even manage to get to that. I mean I could go on to the Redskins board and they have a dynasty too, because getting to the playoffs is what makes a dynasty. Look at all the young talent there. Or the Falcons, they beat us, future dynasty. Or the 49ers, it's nearly two SB's in a row, that's definitely not a dynasty. We haven't proven anything besides that maybe we can win on the road. I mean a dynasty, not reaching or anything here, seeing how there hasn't been a dynasty since Tom Brady 5-6 years ago, but we are going to be a dynasty.

I just don't see it. Our division is getting stronger, and there are still teams better than us out there. Is that a start of a dynasty? Are the Falcons the start of a dynasty? Texans? Not to mention the Colts being a dynasty because talent makes dynasty's. Luck and RG3 both had just as good as a season as RW, but they aren't going to be dynasty's because we are so much better. Dynasty's are made by winning championships, not being a good sometimes fantastic football.

But what do I know!? I'm a 40 whiners fan I guess, because it's bad to think that this team needs to at least win a Super Bowl to even be remotely, remotely considered a possible dynasty. Because apparently it's really easy to do that. Especially when we can't even win a SB, but we sure have potential to be a dynasty. Get my point? Probably not.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:34 pm 
* NET Philistine *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 14123
Location: Portland, OR
BestInTheWest wrote:
People wonder why I just joined the forum. Well look how I get treated. Called a traitor. Hey it's not my fault, just don't think there is any solid evidence that this team is a start of a dynasty. Getting to the SB(and winning) is a first priority, and we can't even manage to get to that. I mean I could go on to the Redskins board and they have a dynasty too, because getting to the playoffs is what makes a dynasty. Look at all the young talent there. Or the Falcons, they beat us, future dynasty. Or the 49ers, it's nearly two SB's in a row, that's definitely not a dynasty. We haven't proven anything besides that maybe we can win on the road. I mean a dynasty, not reaching or anything here, seeing how there hasn't been a dynasty since Tom Brady 5-6 years ago, but we are going to be a dynasty.

I just don't see it. Our division is getting stronger, and there are still teams better than us out there. Is that a start of a dynasty? Are the Falcons the start of a dynasty? Texans? Not to mention the Colts being a dynasty because talent makes dynasty's. Luck and RG3 both had just as good as a season as RW, but they aren't going to be dynasty's because we are so much better. Dynasty's are made by winning championships, not being a good sometimes fantastic football.

But what do I know!? I'm a 40 whiners fan I guess, because it's bad to think that this team needs to at least win a Super Bowl to even be remotely, remotely considered a possible dynasty. Because apparently it's really easy to do that. Especially when we can't even win a SB, but we sure have potential to be a dynasty. Get my point? Probably not.


Differing opinions are maybe not always treated the best, but they're allowed.

No, you're being called a 49ers troll because you singled out the Rams as having the teams you want and because you're breathlessly praising the 49ers with the name BEST-IN-THE-WEST. Either you have a seriously bad case of compartmentalization or you're not a Seahawks fan.

And you say we're the idiots.

_________________
Super Bowl Champions XVLIII


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Online

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 2658
Quote:
We're really not a very good team, and we could barely beat the Redskins who are probably the worst playoff team in history besides our team a couple years ago that somehow made it to the SB.

0 Super Bowls, a second round exit, and a HC who gives playoff games away. That's not the makings of dynasty. That's the making of us being behind the 49ers and Rams for the next 5 or 6 seasons. 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are just too good, and the Rams are building what I wish we had.


What a sec, your handle is called bestinthewest yet you bash the Hawks by saying we're behind the 9ers and rams for the next 5 or 6 season, that we're really not a very good team and that the 49ers and Colin Kaepernack are JUST TOO GOOD, AND the rams are building what you wish we had????

Fer cryin' out loud if you're not a Niners fan I don't know what you are but a Seahawk fan you definately are NOT! I smell a Niner troll.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.