The Start of a Seahawks Dynasty?

Zowert

Reaction score
Who thinks that after this season, we could be seeing the start of a Seahawks Dynasty? Or is it too early to tell?

I mean if you think about it, we're past the "rebuilding" stage now. I think this season officially brought the 'rebuilding phase' (aka an excuse for going 7-9). So, this could be the start of something like the Steelers, Patriots or 49ers dynasty. Like clockwork, pretty much every decade the NFL has a dynasty. Or a very strong franchise that's close to what most would call a "dynasty"..

Most of my buddies tell me that a true dynasty doesn't start until your first Superbowl victory. Then you need to win another in the next two or three seasons, and keep winning after that. When its all said and done, a real football dynasty is a team that has a couple standards:

1. Usually the team has the same QB throughout winning their Superbowls (Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Montana, etc.).. 2. The roster should not dramatically change each season. Meaning, most of your franchise players for each position will be there to contribute in the dynasty.. 3. Most important, in order to be called a true dynasty. A team needs 3+ Superbowl victories in a relatively short timeline; i.e. The San Francisco 49ers had four Superbowl victories in the 1980's decade.

With all that in mind. I know its a bit early to say much, but I am just so tempted. Especially now that we have a franchise QB, a solid defense and a promising offense that can easily be built into something special over the off-season. Also, with the Seahawks being a young team. It looks like a lot of the players we have now will be around for awhile.

So... Your opinion? If you don't think this is the start of a Seahawks dynasty. Then what do you think is needed to win a Superbowl next season and 'officially' start a dynasty? What pieces are missing?

Thanks

tubbs51

Reaction score
Well, i started a new Connected Career mode in Madden 13 (with updated rosters of course) And the Seahawks won the Superbowl in 2013, 2014, and 2016.

And Madden Doesnt lie. It just gets a year wrong :p

If the hawks are indeed on the verge of being a dynasty then i cant wait to enjoy the ride :D

Fox0r

Reaction score
I'm not buying into the dynasty talk until we actually win a title. Until then, it is just wishful thinking. This city has too much bad history to ignore.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Too early to tell. We haven't overtaken the Niners yet. And the Rams will be a force to contend with, as well. 'Dynasty'suggests enduring dominance to me and we haven't even won our division yet.

OP
OP
Zowert

Zowert

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3rz3l2hf said:
Too early to tell. We haven't overtaken the Niners yet. And the Rams will be a force to contend with, as well. 'Dynasty'suggests enduring dominance to me and we haven't even won our division yet.

I agree.

I'm just excited with all the talent we have.

OP
OP
Zowert

Zowert

Reaction score
tubbs51":3thgf6t2 said:
Well, i started a new Connected Career mode in Madden 13 (with updated rosters of course) And the Seahawks won the Superbowl in 2013, 2014, and 2016.

And Madden Doesnt lie. It just gets a year wrong :p

If the hawks are indeed on the verge of being a dynasty then i cant wait to enjoy the ride :D

Same here. I wasn't going to buy Madden 13, until my skepticism of Russell Wilson turned into a mancrush. Then I had to buy the new Madden, just so I can start a Seahawks dynasty with Wilson and see how many Superbowls I could win on All-Madden difficulty. I'm four seasons in and haven't won a Superbowl yet. Lost an NFC Championship game in 2013 then made it to the Superbowl in 2015 and lost.

Now i'm drafting for the 2016 season, and I have the same problem that the real life Hawks have now. No pass rush and lack of a badass WR. I progressed Russell Wilson to 95 overall. While there are some disappointments in the overall ratings on some of the Seahawks players, like Bobby Wagner, I could only get him to be 83 overall. EA needs to fix Wagner's potential. No way he's going to be an average Middle Linebacker by 2016.

kearly

Reaction score
I expect at least 2 championships with Russell Wilson, this coaching staff, and this front office. If that qualifies as a dynasty, then I'd say yes.

mikeak

Reaction score
Lets talk dynasty when we have win three out of four superbowls. Lets talk starting one when we have win ONE Super Bowl....

chris98251

Reaction score
If you say a threat to go all the way then I would say yes, nobody talks about the Vikings or the Bills as Dynastys even though they were in the Superbowl 4 and 5 times if memory serves. Win 1 and then go back and win another within two years of the first you start getting that kind of talk. One and done doesn't get you there either.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":18zwzxuo said:
I expect at least 2 championships with Russell Wilson, this coaching staff, and this front office. If that qualifies as a dynasty, then I'd say yes.

It doesn't, in my opinion. Dynasty feels like 3 Super Bowl wins in 6 years; or two wins and a 3rd appearance in 6 years, maybe.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Dynasty would be nice. I just want to be really good for a really long time. Constantly near the top or at the top for a good 10-15 years.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
It feels great to even be discussing this question and fluffing one another, but the very fact that this question is being seriously discussed rather than mocked is a telling sign as to what is happening in Seattle.

seahawks08

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1vtcr24g said:
Can we win ONE title first ... before we start talking about dynasty?

sure, lets go.. oh wait we got to wait until September for start. I hate life after football:)

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Manchester United, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona are still playing ... :D :D :D
seahawks08":1wmmbzef said:
joeseahawks":1wmmbzef said:
Can we win ONE title first ... before we start talking about dynasty?

sure, lets go.. oh wait we got to wait until September for start. I hate life after football:)

ariel9302

Reaction score
we will never be a dynasty IMO without a disciplined team. false starts in the red zone have killed more drives over PC's tenure than I wish to remember. likewise, poor clock management in critical situations has been highly suspect. iron out those two problems and add a consistent pass rush to the defense. dynasty indeed.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't think that there will ever be another "dynasty" as in the 70's Steelers, 80's Niners or 90's Cowboys where consecutive Super Bowls are won by any team ever again.

I do think that the Seahawks will win a Super Bowl in the next few years and that they will have a model for a team to win playoff games every year. That they will play well in most of their games and post good records as long as Russell Wilson is the QB.

Latest posts