ending of the season was ironic

Crizilla

Reaction score
just really thought about it. With all the controversy about the hail mary win over GB, our season ended with an actual fail mary. It was like teh football gods saying "lol not this time guyz"

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
Its more ironic to me that it was the defense losing the game when the offense had us in it.

Pstark3

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":3i5ghcat said:
Its more ironic to me that it was the defense losing the game when the offense had us in it.
Yeah. completely backwards from where we started the season

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Be nice to the football gods, if they brought us Wilson they have big plans for us

BASF

Reaction score
Pstark3":27ktiqrv said:
Jake Hawks":27ktiqrv said:

It's actually exactly where we started the season as we gave up a fourth quarter lead to Kevin Kolb and the freaking Cardinals.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
BASF":35cv4pif said:
Pstark3":35cv4pif said:
Jake Hawks":35cv4pif said:

It's actually exactly where we started the season as we gave up a fourth quarter lead to Kevin Kolb and the freaking Cardinals.

But the offense let us down in the end, failing to score a TD (dangit Braylon!).

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I don't see the irony. It isn't like we lost on a simultaneous possession. And the game against Green Bay was in week 3, not 1. I see it as coincidental that we won a game on a hail mary, but even then... it isn't that we lost a game on a hail mary. We lost on a field goal. If Atlanta had heaved it and our guy had jumped up and had a good angle and Julio Jones came down with the ball when Earl Thomas could have simply swatted it out of bounds for the win, but instead we lose due to the simultaneous possession rule, then yeah... that would be pretty ironic.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
There's a difference between a bad rule and a bad call. You don't have to like the rule, but the call was correct. Tate had possession and feet down and maintained that possession as he hit the ground. Dat's da rule.

Zowert

Reaction score
It had to be the toughest loss i've seen in my life. Coming from behind in the fashion they did. Then when it seemed they had the game won. The Falcons marched half way down the field and sealed the deal in less than 30 seconds. The fail mary was icing on the cake.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You are reaching big time with this thread. Fail Mary indeed?

What as amazing is that our rookie QB was able to make a pass to the end zone with just two plays from the kickoff after the D flunked in being able to stop Atl. from scoring a FG.

That we could only get one WR anywhere near the ball, Baldwin, tells another story of need for more talent at WR but it was the confirmation of the beginning of a special new reality that in 20 seconds the O could put itself in position for at least a shot at the W.

It was not a "fail Mary" at all but a pretty amazing demonstration that our young QB has an incredible arm the team will rely upon in the future to take it to the promised land and to the long desired W in the final game of the year.

I don't see any irony at all, but I saw a champion beginning to understand how much more it will take to get us to the goal of the ultimate W.

Zowert

Reaction score
jammerhawk":ghz7ndiy said:
You are reaching big time with this thread. Fail Mary indeed?

What as amazing is that our rookie QB was able to make a pass to the end zone with just two plays from the kickoff after the D flunked in being able to stop Atl. from scoring a FG.

That we could only get one WR anywhere near the ball, Tate, tells another story of need for more talent at WR but it was the confirmation of the beginning of a special new reality that in 20 seconds the O could put itself in position for at least a shot at the W.

It was not a "fail Mary" at all but a pretty amazing demonstration that our young QB has an incredible arm the team will rely upon in the future to take it to the promised land and to the long desired W in the final game of the year.

I don't see any irony at all, but I saw a champion beginning to understand how much more it will take to get us to the goal of the ultimate W.

I think you're reading into this thread differently than its actual meaning. I don't think the OP was criticizing the play calling, or the effort of any of the players on offense. Especially Russell Wilson. He was simply pointing out the irony of the last play of our season (how our season ended). The irony comes from the whole hail mary debacle in the game winner against Green Bay. That was one of the plays that kind of defined our season (at least in the media).

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Only to the negative media was our season defined by that play. To me it was finally time we got a call go our way after all the many times it hasn't.

All in all I don't think the team ever felt their season was defined by that play. So tome it was only the haters that did.

I still am bothered by that huge defensive failure at the end of that game, Bradley hasn't explained how it could happen 4 times but most critically in the playoffs.