Votes: 46 26.6%
  • Mike Wallace

Votes: 90 52.0%
  • Wes Welker

Votes: 23 13.3%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Not saying we -will- sign one, just saying.. which one, likely to be on the open market, would you most prefer.

For me.. I can't help but wonder how good this offense would look with a Greg Jennings or Dwayne Bowe in the fold.

kbreitkreutz

Reaction score
You guys will probably go to the draft to get a WR then sign a no-name (Or LBJ) then pick up guys in free agency to give you depth.

pehawk

Reaction score
Wallace has been playing street/sandlot ball since hitting the NFL. No brainer.

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Bowe - drop machine
Wallace - overrated, inconsistent
Welker - product of a good NE system
Jennings - older and injury history

But if I were to choose one, it would be Mike Wallace.

I would much rather pick up DeAndre Hopkins via draft.

kearly

Reaction score
I lean towards Welker. He was good before NE. He's not playing his age yet, and fast players tend to age better. He'd sign a shorter contract because of his age. Welker is the best slot WR in the NFL, he'd be an enormous upgrade over Baldwin. He is very hard to defend, and can get open at will. He's even a deep threat.

I'd be very surprised if New England let him hit UFA, but if they did, I'd love to see Seattle schedule him a visit.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Given that what's really missing from the Seattle offense is a speed guy who can really put fear in opposing secondaries ... I would say Mike Wallace. Yeah I know that this guy's apparent "me first" attitude is a bit of a red flag, but we all know that Pete has a long history of success with these guys.

Keep in mind also that when we're talking about adding a WR and/or TE next year for this team (which is what I think that they'll honesty look to do) ... that it in general it takes WR's and TE's a couple of years to develop (Jerry Rice, Michael Crabtree, and Golden Tate are perfect examples). So while I believe JS might add one via the draft ... if we're looking for that WR who can honestly make an impact next season... it might make more sense to look Free Agency first rather than the Draft.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
How'd it work out the last time we gave a big contract to a NE system WR? Oh, right.

GoHawks

Reaction score
I think they might prioritize free agent $ toward a DT or DE, and look to draft 2nd Rnd a WR

Need to keep Cap$ in reserve to sign upcoming contracts, but if they can get a short term deal, and low $FA WR, it would likely be Welker?

Another possibility instead of FA WR would be a FA TE, such as Jared Cook or Fred Davis

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":gzl4y0qn said:
Given that what's really missing from the Seattle offense is a speed guy who can really put fear in opposing secondaries ... I would say Mike Wallace. Yeah I know that this guy's apparent "me first" attitude is a bit of a red flag, but we all know that Pete has a long history of success with these guys.

He held out...so did Clem..He's actually not known for a bad attitude.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Welker? Blecccch. He wasn't much of anything in Miami, and seems to be a Brady player (like Branch was). Jennings is "meh", Bowe is kind of a nut and drops the ball, so I guess I'll go with Wallace. He's darn fast. I'd rather draft somebody personally. I think there are some great receivers this year. If we want speed, then I'll say it again. Draft Tavon Austin. Speed to burn.

ProckHawks

Reaction score
Wallace! We don't have anybody on this team thats like Wallace. He's big, fast, pretty good hands can help keep plays alive when Wilson scambles. I could pitcure him giving us 10 plus TD's, most coming of play action. If he asks for to much. PASS on him and the rest. DB is to much like Rice. Welker and Jennings are to old. PASS

mistaowen

Reaction score
kearly":3cx2e0v3 said:
I lean towards Welker. He was good before NE. He's not playing his age yet, and fast players tend to age better. He'd sign a shorter contract because of his age. Welker is the best slot WR in the NFL, he'd be an enormous upgrade over Baldwin. He is very hard to defend, and can get open at will. He's even a deep threat.

I'd be very surprised if New England let him hit UFA, but if they did, I'd love to see Seattle schedule him a visit.

See, the reason I think he may be more likely to hit the market than the others (outside of 60 year old Greg Jennings) is cause they have Julian Edelman waiting around. Obviously at this point he isn't the same receiver Welker is, but Belichick isn't going to overspend on any player besides Brady. That's how they have built their team for the past decade and won't change now. They have had no problem letting go of players who wanted more than they were willing to offer (this is how I invision our FO acting in the next 5 years.) Julian has proved to be reliable in the slot role before his injury. If their FO feels they can get similar results from Edelman with Brady picking apart defenses, I truly feel they would let Wes go.

Now, if I was Wes Welker I would take whatever the best offer NE gave me because he isn't going to have another QB throwing to him like Brady for the rest of his career. But if Wes is looking to get an upper tier contract, which I doubt the Pats will give him, I could see him looking for a team like us to go to. He is immediately an upgrade over Baldwin and finds a way to consistently get open against defenses. I would sign him in a heart beat. His contract won't be nearly as difficult to cover as a Larry Fitzgerald would be.

From this list though, I personally would love to have Dwayne Bowe come here. Regardless of his drop problem, he is a huge red zone target and consistently makes big plays in that area. Our offense doesn't need a guy who consistently can beat coverage for needed passes since Russell has the ability to extend plays. If we can get Dwayne for a reasonable contract I am 100% on board for that. If Andy Reid wants to deal for Matt Flynn as a part of it then that kills two birds with one stone.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
So all that aside, could we get him? Wallace that is... Do you think Pete and Co. will persue him, or is this just ridiculous message board fodder?

JonRud

Reaction score
I really like Bowe. I think he would be awesome for the Hawks. He has put up some very good numbers on terrible KC teams with a crappy QB. Can you imagine what he would do with the defense trying to figure out if they should attack Wilson, Lynch, Miller, Rice or Tate? OMG he would be wide open. TD SEAHAWKS!!!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
None.

Good draft for receivers in late first/second round. All of the above will be overly expensive and past their best.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I'm frankly surprised that Welker isn't the overwhelming favorite. Incredible hands. Always gets open. Think Rich Man's Bobby Engram. Wilson won't have to scramble to buy nearly as much time with Welker out there. Guy is the best slot WR in the NFL and possibly the greatest possession receiver of all time. And he's not shown any signs of letting up.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":uazgbs7s said:
I'm frankly surprised that Welker isn't the overwhelming favorite. Incredible hands. Always gets open. Think Rich Man's Bobby Engram. Wilson won't have to scramble to buy nearly as much time with Welker out there. Guy is the best slot WR in the NFL and possibly the greatest possession receiver of all time. And he's not shown any signs of letting up.
+1

And I don't understand the comments that his success at NE is only due to their system.

The dude knows how to get open... period... and his YAC is pretty damn good as well.

Hell, I just went and researched his YAC... and he led the league the past two years in total yards after the catch.

If he's available, sign him to at least a 2-year contract.