Why i hate the "Fail Mary"

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Us losing in San Francisco, Miami, Arizona etc gave San Fran a bye.

Our win over the Packers was a moment graced by the football Gods.

warden

Reaction score
The Rams kicker missing in OT against the 49ers which resulted in a tie caused us to not have the bye

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
So, rather than us winning any of the games we lost to get the bye over the 49ers, you'd rather us have lost another game so the Packers could get the bye?

Jesus Christ. SMH...

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
I hate it because it rarely works. I would have liked to see the play executed as a hail mary, WRs heading to one side of field, with a lone option hanging the opposite side yards in to hit with a timed pass. Has more chance of success.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Leaving Russell Wilson's training wheels on too long cost us home field throughout the playoffs... Oh, what the hell do I know? I'm just some idiot on a message board! :roll: Shut up Roland! :evil: :D ;)

JonRud

Reaction score
The Fail Mary was awesome! I was so nervous the next day the NFL was going to reverse the outcome of the game [I knew they couldn't but still..]. I was relieved when they came out with the statement that the result stood.

Great effort by Tate!!

hawkmanj

Reaction score
bestfightstory":145iefe9 said:
Us losing in San Francisco, Miami, Arizona etc gave San Fran a bye.

Our win over the Packers was a moment graced by the football Gods.

This. There is no way losing more games helps us.

Zowert

Reaction score
warden":10jwcv6m said:
The Rams kicker missing in OT against the 49ers which resulted in a tie caused us to not have the bye

Yeah, if the Rams won that game, we would probably be talking about our NFC Championship game tomorrow.

HUGGY

Reaction score
Just curious...when the Falcon that intercepted in the EZ spiked the ball couldn't a Seahawk have pounced on it for a TD? or had the whistle already been blown?

Zowert

Reaction score
HUGGY":34adjk1x said:
Just curious...when the Falcon that intercepted in the EZ spiked the ball couldn't a Seahawk have pounced on it for a TD? or had the whistle already been blown?

The play was already dead. But in theory, yes, they could have and it would be a TD. Spiking the ball after you intercept it in the end zone is not smart.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Zowert":ku0mahlx said:
HUGGY":ku0mahlx said:

The play was already dead. But in theory, yes, they could have and it would be a TD. Spiking the ball after you intercept it in the end zone is not smart.

I would absolutely HATE to win on a crappy technicality like that. If the player had attempted to advance the ball out of the end zone and fumbled it'd be a totally different thing and I would accept the victory with glee and revel in his dismay and embarrassment.

Twisted

Reaction score
call was good, what the media minions did with it afterwards was despicable..