• Picks up where he left off.

Votes: 145 56.2%
  • Has a statistically worse year.

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Improves in TD/Int ratio

Votes: 39 15.1%
  • Has a sophomore slump.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Performs light years ahead of 2012 season.

Votes: 62 24.0%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Since we are all on board with Dangeruss as our QB of the present and future. How do you all think he will perform next season with a full offseason to get prepartation for separation?

Greenhell

Reaction score
He's gonna be mad ballin'! We'll collectively have to pick our jaws off the floor and have our eyes placed back into our heads.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Lights out. No training wheels, full off-season in the program knowing he is the starter, more weapons around him (hopefully), cohesion, experience, preparation, study...

He's going to be dominating from Game 1.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":30q6ox6u said:
Lights out. No training wheels, full off-season in the program knowing he is the starter, more weapons around him (hopefully), cohesion, experience, preparation, study...

At the same time, defenses are going to have a year of film on him and there will be more prep to stop him. I think he'll pick up where he left off, which is already pretty damn good, and improve in small increments over the course of the season, with an off game or two here or there as some defense throws a new wrinkle at him.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I expect him to have about a 30 - 8 TD/INT ratio with 3500 or so yards. Figure his rushing yards will only marginally increase. We will see some audibles and wrinkles next year, and obviously he'll have a lot more freedom at the beginning of the year.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3qqvtgg6 said:

Yep, exactly what i think. top 5 QB. Lights out. 30+ TD's and 4000 yards.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The interesting thing to watch next year is how the Carroll/Wilson relationship evolves.

As we found out this year Pete is reluctant to entrust 100% of the offense to Russell. It took him until week 9 or 10 to give Russell more control over play calling, check downs and formations.

IMO in order for Wilson to become the superstar we all know he can be, and to be in the upper tier of elite NFL QB's with Brady, Brees and Rodgers, Pete is going to have to allow RW the ultimate freedom to run the offense how he sees fit. Will Pete do that?

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how that dynamic grows..........or stagnates if Pete is unwilling to FULLY give Russell control over the offense.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If we call aggressive plays all game long next year, Russell Wilson will blow this year out of the water. If we work on further refining our 3-and-out technique that we became good at this year in the first halves of games instead, then...Who the hell knows?

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3vsgpfd5 said:
The interesting thing to watch next year is how the Carroll/Wilson relationship evolves.

As we found out this year Pete is reluctant to entrust 100% of the offense to Russell. It took him until week 9 or 10 to give Russell more control over play calling, check downs and formations.

IMO in order for Wilson to become the superstar we all know he can be, and to be in the upper tier of elite NFL QB's with Brady, Brees and Rodgers, Pete is going to have to allow RW the ultimate freedom to run the offense how he sees fit. Will Pete do that?

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see how that dynamic grows..........or stagnates if Pete is unwilling to FULLY give Russell control over the offense.

Good news for your concern. Pete already said to Brock and Salk that there will be NO rescrictions on Russell next year and that he'll be better equiped. Whether that means preparations or that they'll provide more weapons throught he draft. Only time will tell.

IMO A successfull 2nd year will be 3,500 yards, 30 TD's and 10 INT, with another 500 yards rushing. If he puts up those kind of numbers we should win 10+ games easily.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
volsunghawk":10dykq0j said:
FlyingGreg":10dykq0j said:

At the same time, defenses are going to have a year of film on him and there will be more prep to stop him. I think he'll pick up where he left off, which is already pretty damn good, and improve in small increments over the course of the season, with an off game or two here or there as some defense throws a new wrinkle at him.

Agreed, but I think Wilson will out prep defenses. They had plenty of film on him this year, and he never looked completely lost after the rough start. If they try to make him a pocket passer, I think he will be fine - he's more than capable and I'm sure that's on the top of his list to improve on.

The truly great players exceed schemes and tactics. There's a reason why Rodgers, Brady, Brees etc put up gawdy numbers every season - the talent eclipses all else. I'm not saying Wilson is in their class, but he does have the "it factor" and the composure to rise above.

And of course, a large part of any QB's success is the team he has around him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2638686e said:

Yep, his expectations are for himself to endeavor to become the BEST (his words, not mine)
With his preparation for each and every outing, and propensity to cover even the smallest of details, I have no doubt that he's going to establish himself as the steal of the Decade in last Years draft.
There are a whole lot of people that says he will be facing a whole new set of really tough challenges next Season, because they (those opposing Defenses) now have a pattern of his style of play, and that they will be able to corral him into making mistakes.

That might be a logical expectation if he were the kind to just ride with his accomplishments, BUT, Wilson isn't just suspended in place, he's in a constant state of change, so if you were surprised with what he did this last Season, you will be astonished with what he's going to do with next Season.
These are the reasons I went with Light Years ahead in the poll. :th2thumbs:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Will we even lose a game in 2013?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":y4ndxoyn said:
Will we even lose a game in 2013?

It's funny how expectations have changed in just one season.

Before the season started most people would have been happy with 8-8, or 9-7 and hopefully being relevant in the playoff picture. It'll be interesting to see how this team handles the expectations next year, which IMO will be the highest of any Hawk team in history.

Latest posts