All this Wilson talk on NET is awesome, and unprecedented...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Thread after thread... Would you trade wilson for this or that... Is Wilson the greatest this or that... He will win multiple Superbowls for us...

And my favorite, echoed by the majority here: "I wouldn't trade Wilson for any other player in the NFL". That goes for me as well. He's that special, and we're still a couple/few years from his prime!

Tell me the name of any player we've ever said that about, or that we've been this excited about...

I've been a rabid Seahawks fan since 1980-ish, and the only player I can think of that would come close to that statement would be Largent... But there may have been a player or two that I might have considered trading Largent for, i.e. Joe Montana. Not Russell. Way too much upside. He is the first potential "Superstar" QB we've ever had. He seems to truly love being a Seahawk, and I'm sure that, barring the unforseen, he will be our fixture at QB for the next decade, allowing us to draft and free agent at will without having to worry about that most important of positions. The future looks SO bright for this team. Let's just get him the line and receivers that he needs, and maintain the running game, and our offense will be very feared for years to come! This off-season is gonna be SO DAMN LONG!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Walter Jones and Curt Warner, until we understood how good Walter was the acknowledgement wasn't there, but after we knew what we had nobody wanted him ever to leave. Warner, anyone that saw him play pre injury knew he was nothing but electric. Easley is another player, Where Stev set all the records and was a favorite of this area I don't think there was that electric feel about him.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
chris98251":3hlp17e3 said:
Walter Jones and Curt Warner, until we understood how good Walter was the acknowledgement wasn't there, but after we knew what we had nobody wanted him ever to leave. Warner, anyone that saw him play pre injury knew he was nothing but electric. Easley is another player, Where Stev set all the records and was a favorite of this area I don't think there was that electric feel about him.

There were players during their tenures that I would have reluctently traded for, reluctently because I loved them, but rationally because there were skill players on other teams that would have won more games for us... Arguably...

How would you have felt about trading Cortez Kennedy, straight up, for Jerry Rice in 1991?

Starrman44

Reaction score
The feeling for Steve Largent was certainly there for me. I guess being a kid you create a superhero out of a guy. I would have been mad if we had traded Largent for five superstars. He was my hero. Looking back, I still would not have traded him for anyone. If he had played for another team I would have been sick.

chris98251

Reaction score
1991 was a tough year, Behring was involved in buying us and we saw Knox' last year which wasn't special. I never liked Rice personally, but I think we would do it because of the name popularity. I am a defense guy and probably would not want to lose Tez.

Shock2k

Reaction score
Starrman44":3j8qm230 said:
The feeling for Steve Largent was certainly there for me. I guess being a kid you create a superhero out of a guy. I would have been mad if we had traded Largent for five superstars. He was my hero. Looking back, I still would not have traded him for anyone. If he had played for another team I would have been sick.

80 was my hero too. I would have stopped watching football if they had traded him.