who will bradley take with him?

Axx

Reaction score
Flynn for a 2nd round pick.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I am just hoping Bradley doesn't poach some of our good young defenders when they hit free agency in the next couple years. You know he has a great relationship with these guys and he's going to try to woo them to Florida. Especially some of the guys who are from the East Coast who would get to play closer to home.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't get Richards, that would stink. And I too worry about some of our potential young FA's going with him while he is down there.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
v1rotv2":rfv3yf17 said:
I just don't see anyone wanting to go to the Jags.

Money talks. Being closer to home is a draw. Being close to the head coach is a draw.

Josh Brown was a town hero and he left to go to a bottom-dweller Rams team, our division rival, because of the first two items on that list. Great players go to crappy teams all the time in the NFL.

Mario Williams last year to the Bills?

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I say if a guy would rather go play with Bradley on the Jags, then I'd rather he leave, because he's not 100% committed to winning. It's one thing to be confident, it's quite another to be realistic. They aren't going to win a lot of games next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well there is the advantage of Pete, he was Richard's coach and then gave him his opportunity, USC alumni and all that. Richard was alos drafted by the Seahawks so he has strong ties going back a while. Bradley was a Mora holdover, I think the working relationship that Pete has with his guys is strong. Most the position guys are Pete picked and if it's money I don't beleive after how we performed last year that a raise would be out of the question in negotiations. Also what position are they going to go to thats a promotion?

If they want that staying here make much more sense, Jags are going to be a team of turmoil for a couple years minimum, most these guys just did that and may want to see the fruits of their labor if it's going to a lateral move.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The one that scares the crap out of me is Cable going to be the OC. That is the one and only coach that I'm genuinely worried about, and here's why.... I think if you're Tom Cable, you see that Gus is a risky hire, that the Jags new owner isn't real patient, and that there is a real possibility of the franchise relocating to LA. Maybe Tom wants to put himself in line for an interim head coaching position, which let's face it... could happen at some point this coming season if the Jags just flounder. Or... he could be the head coach next season. Many first time NFL coaches don't last long. Cable would then be the obvious replacement, and would likely do fairly well as they have some pretty tough players, and he knows how to run a team inside and out, I don't think Gus quite does. Gus would have been much better off in a place that was more established. There isn't really a worse situation in football right now than in Jacksonville, especially in a draft that is so weak at QB. So... let's hope Cable gets the wink-wink-nudge-nudge head coach in waiting contract extension within the next few hours. If he really wants to be a head coach ASAP, then this may honestly be his shortest path. Not that I think Gus is a bad coach. I just think that he is going into a really crummy situation with an owner who is somewhat unrealistic in his expectations.

drdiags

Reaction score
Leroy Hill wouldn't be a bad pick up for Jax. He isn't likely to be re-signed here and could be a decent backup with the Jags. He has been with Bradley since he came to Seattle to coach. Branch is another as well as Jones if Bradley liked what he saw out of them.

Coaches, maybe Seto or Richards if he offers them a step up from coaching DBs. Wash as already mentioned. Who knows which quality control guys on defense we have that may be future rock stars and he can entice to come to Jacksonville?

chris98251

Reaction score
Cable is an assistant Head Coach, I think thats why we gave him that title to protect him from being pilferred. The only upgrade would be head coach and as we at least thru the media we saw there was no interest.

lukerguy

Reaction score
HawkFan72":19279p6r said:
I am just hoping Bradley doesn't poach some of our good young defenders when they hit free agency in the next couple years. You know he has a great relationship with these guys and he's going to try to woo them to Florida. Especially some of the guys who are from the East Coast who would get to play closer to home.

Never thought of that...

SharkHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":g0meciv1 said:
Cable is an assistant Head Coach, I think thats why we gave him that title to protect him from being pilferred. The only upgrade would be head coach and as we at least thru the media we saw there was no interest.

Good point Chris. Are guys prevented from making parallel moves now? They used to be able to if they were under contract if they were taking the same position or higher. I know there was some tweaking to that rule, and they were required to get permission. I haven't seen the Hawks ever stand in anybody's way since Carroll has been here though. If Cable saw it as a good shot as a head coach, do you think he'd go? He'd probably end up as the head coach in Jacksonville sooner than in Seattle as I don't see Pete leaving or 5 years or so at this rate (if even that). He may decide to just move upstairs like Walsh did and let Seifert take over.... but I think Pete is a bit more interested in being on the field high fiving guys than Walsh ever was. He seemed to want to be the mastermind and let his coaches call the game while he stood there and worked his evil geniusness without a lot of enthusiasm or energy involved.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Cable leaving for Jax would shock me. The best chance he has of becoming a HC again is pounding home wins with Marshawn (he is also from here, sure he digs that). Talented players make head coaches out of coordinators ala Wilson/Bev, Legion of boom/Bradley.

If someone is going to leave, it is going to be a position/quality control coach that will be promoted to coordinator in Jax. Norton/Seto etc.

As for the players, I am confident the hawks will keep who they need to keep to win. Simple as that. We won't let vital pieces get away. You won't see sherman or early in jacksonville. Kam or Browner, maybe (good but not vital).

shawnsim

Reaction score
I dunno. The Hawks have a "thing" going on right now.

If I was a player I would want to stay with the Hawks right now. They are young and, they are hot.

Sure we play in Northern Alaska but..........

We have an extremely bright future.

I would hope that the players and coaches could see this as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cable is a guy that doesn't pull punches, worked great with Al Davis due to his mentality, also Al called the shots and Cable spoke right to him. In some other place Cables brash demeanor may not go over as well. The other thing is he is from Snohomish, this is home and from all I have seen he is having fun. Most lateral moves we can squash, not that we would do that if he really wanted to go. Doesn't seem like Petes style, I also think with needing to ask permission it give the Seahawks time to evaluate his importance and do what they did to Bevell, offer a raise and extension of his contract.

CFraychineaud

Reaction score
if he does take someone with him, id like us to look at Horton the ex DC from Arizona. He is supposedly going to be looking at assistant jobs and it would be nice for him to stick it to arizona after they spruned him to go for arians.