Wags

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Could Wagner move outside if we found another inside LB. Just asking if he could replace Hill?

kidhawk

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":1rldgnt6 said:
Could Wagner move outside if we found another inside LB. Just asking if he could replace Hill?

Could he? I'm sure he could, but we took a big risk to get him the experience to play the position. It's much easier to replace Hill's position than Wagner's

Axx

Reaction score
the way the media has been rolling, maybe Manti Te'o could fall the way down to #25 overall?

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Axx":4quwamd3 said:
the way the media has been rolling, maybe Manti Te'o could fall the way down to #25 overall?

I dont want that psychopath near the hawks

Axx

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3cd8u1ih said:
Axx":3cd8u1ih said:

I dont want that psychopath near the hawks

Marshawn lynch got a DUI, so no one is perfect. Manti Teo is known for coverage skills and having a linebacker who can cover tight ends would be a huge boost to the team.

Besides player backgrounds hasnt stopped Shnieder from signing players.

Basis4day

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":16ixqufi said:

Why would you want to move him? He might just be the DROY.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Draft Teo, switch to 3-4, move Bruce to OLBer (use bruce like von miller is used).... Done.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Basis4day":3kvq1d6d said:
SPOHAWK":3kvq1d6d said:

Why would you want to move him? He might just be the DROY.

That's where I am at. He played amazingly well at MLB in his rookie year. The sky is the limit there for him. I wouldn't even think about changing his position.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1rli108l said:
Draft Teo, switch to 3-4, move Bruce to OLBer (use bruce like von miller is used).... Done.

Oh wait....Im not playing Madden..... this won't happen.

OP
OP
S

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
The point was if you could upgrade the middle and still keep Bobby on the field, his speed and coverage skills outside would be great IMHO

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
The absolute truth is the WLB and MLB are basically the same position in our system whereas SLB is significantly different - and without a doubt - Wagner could play them both well. In fact, Wagner is probably more suited to play weak side backer than in the middle. Wagner is smallish to engage blockers but would ideal for going sideline to sideline without engaging many blockers.

So I actually see grabbing a larger MLB as a major possibility.

Moreover, this notion is seconded as we very badly require depth for Wright. Wagner is far from ideal for playing SLB. He doesn't have the length to engage and jam TEs on a play-by-play basis. He also probably doesn't have the leverage to play on the LOS. This would be another reason for drafting a larger LB and moving him to the middle while Wagner plays outside.

Mark my words - if we can grab a Dont'a Hightower type LB in the first round - we will.