Another loss from the organization?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Another loss from the organization?
Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:04 pm
  • SharkHawk wrote:What has the fellow in Denver done? Put together an old team and paid a QB 18 million dollars? I guess he must be good if they are looking at him, but how are they for cap room? What would have happened to their cap if Manning had gotten hurt?

Not making a case for the guy from Denver (heck I couldn't even tell you his name without a google search), but one thing that the media types have said about that organization and the cap was about how smart it was that they signed Manning to what was basically 5 one-year deals instead of one 5 year deal, so if he can't pass a physical, they could just walk away. I don't know all the details as I didn't follow that signing. Once he spurned us, I moved on. I am just parroting what I have heard said during the playoffs.
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:36 pm
  • We just need a cap guy (numbers geek) we don't need them to evaluate talent.... right?
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:38 pm
  • hawks4thewin wrote:We just need a cap guy (numbers geek) we don't need them to evaluate talent.... right?

Supposedly Idzik did have some say in player evaluation (I am assuming players on the roster, not potential draft targets).

From Seahawks.com:

With Seattle, Idzik oversees player negotiations, the team’s compliance with the NFL salary cap, player personnel transactions, all football operations budgets, staff and team contracts, team travel and most aspects of the day-to-day football operations while also remaining active in player evaluations.
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:32 am
  • Regarding the fellow from Denver (Xanders) he was able to allow them to sign Manning with the 2nd highest cap number in '11 and was a decent GM budget wise.

It would be harder to find a cap guy that can evaluate talent to some degree , so the list is short.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:46 pm
  • Damn.........

Success is good for the guys on the side and office.
    captSE
    NET Starter

Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:39 am

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information