Another loss from the organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Seattle executive John Idzik has emerged as clear frontrunner to become Jets' new GM and could be offered the job as early as tonight.

He is our cap dude...we had a few threads about him bouncing around last week.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I definitely don't want to lose him. Especially with all of our young needing new contracts soon.

Jake Hawks

Reaction score
Cant we at least win a super bowl first before we get picked apart by these vulture teams?

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Organizational depth!!! Need it not only on the field.

Hopefully there is an eager young accountant in the organization ready to make his mark!!!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
The twittersphere says the Hawks will go after ex-Broncos GM Brian Xanders if Idzik leaves

Axx

Reaction score
not that big of a loss, As long as we have the big 3, Paul Allen, Schnider, and Caroll we should be just fine.
Heck ill even throw in Keeping Tom Cable was a huge success if you ask me.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm not too worried about our "cap guy". Sure we've got plenty of cap space, but that's not nearly as hard to manage now with the rookie cap and all our young talent. I'm sure we can find another numbers guy to handle that part. I'm more concerned with the "football" guys. Losing our DC isn't too bad, because it's Pete's philosophy and we brought in another guy who knows the system, so we should be ok there. What is more interesting, to me anyway, is the Bevell situation. If he goes to Arizona, we'll have to put Wilson with a new play caller and that is something that could make the early portion of next year very interesting.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Count me in on Reinfeldt. He's a boss. Wasn't he the one that finally got Walter Jones signed to a long-term deal and stopped the annual holdout?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The more I read about Idzik, the more I think this loss will suck. I have no idea if he'll be a good GM, but in his current role he is top-notch.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Reinfeldt is a bad GM, but he is a great cap manager. I just don't think he's a good talent evaluator. He's capable of making the numbers work every year, and was able to lock up the Walter Jones deal in a matter of days when they brought him back after he walked away from the game for a year.

I think he was put in the wrong position in Tennessee. He is a cap man. He's not a guy that should be running a draft board. That isn't to say Reinfeldt doesn't know football. He was a very good player in the NFL, he is a valued asset in a front office, and I think he'd do a terrific job managing the cap day to day with Schneider and Pete picking players, but I know that he is great at sitting down at the negotiating table and making contracts work.

Twisted

Reaction score
I'm wondering how many world class pass rushers and receivers would love nothing more than to fill the gaps for the Seahawks at a cut rate?

this is a team you can get into the HOF with, no two ways about it

CANHawk

Reaction score
Aw crap. I forgot our cap guy was a favorite in a bunch of GM searches. That kinda sucks. He got us in a very good cap position going forward.

Well, hopefully that was more on John Schneider than Idzik.

kearly

Reaction score
Reinfeldt was the brainchild behind Hutch-gate. Didn't think any guard was worth LT money. He's good at managing cap space, but he's not an outside the box thinker.

If Idzik goes to New York, there is a chance he might pursue Flynn. The Jets were already a team that made a lot of sense for Flynn, and you have to believe Rex Ryan is desperate right now. And I really believe this- Flynn could probably get the Jets in playoff contention. The AFC is looking very weak next season. 9-7 would probably get in as a Wildcard.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
I've heard Reinfeldt was, but interestingly enough I had never heard that story floated until this year. My understanding was always that Ruskell told him to go test the market and had assured Holmgren before he went on vacation that he'd be here.

Whether Reinfeldt floated it out there or not, the fact is that Ruskell signed off on it against Holmgren's wishes. I think Reinfeldt had a really good rapport with the players and was able to close deals where Whitsitt and Ferguson and others couldn't. He was a former player and I think guys respected that and saw that he was looking out for them and their futures and wouldn't try to scam them on a deal. Ruskell seems to be begging to get back in the good graces of everybody to get a job and as time passes the problems in Seattle are more the fault of Holmgren, Reinfeldt, Mora, Ruston Webster, Will Lewis, and everybody else in the front office. I don't buy it. Ruskell had final say in all football matters and said ok. It's on him, whether Reinfeldt felt it was a good idea or not would be immaterial with him negotiating contracts here Kearly, because Schneider and Pete are smart enough to not sign off on stupid ideas as the guys with the final say. Ruskell was, and blamed everybody else.

As far as dollars and cents go, Reinfeldt was able to sign every player that Ruskell wanted within the cap without going over. He kept Jones, Hass, and Alexander all at one time, which nobody thought would happen. Fact is, Reinfeldt makes numbers work. Blaming him for suggesting the transition tag isn't quite fair, because other people suggested it too and thought the Hawks could match. People on this very board suggested it as the thinking was a guard wouldn't get left tackle money on the open market, the Hawks could match, and Hutch claimed he'd come back and let the Hawks match any offer. So whose fault is it? Reinfeldt's? Seriously? Come on.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Holy crap... I've never seen a team who lost the divisional game be so highly sought after.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am not worried. I am sure between the Vulcan Group and the Seahawks organization they can find someone as good, I am hearing the fellow in Denver as a possibility

SharkHawk

Reaction score
What has the fellow in Denver done? Put together an old team and paid a QB 18 million dollars? I guess he must be good if they are looking at him, but how are they for cap room? What would have happened to their cap if Manning had gotten hurt?

chris98251

Reaction score
Reinfeldt was here before Ruskell and we always seemed to have cap room to work deals, but I am also sure that Schnieder and Pete know who is out there that can work numbers well. Schieder being in many organizations and Pete being all over the NFL.

Where the Cap guys are important about making things work I still think John sets value, I mean he has renegotiated several vets that were either not performing or underperforming. Working hand and hand with the purse strings. I am sure that will continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.