Pete Carroll

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
There was once talk about him NOT being an NFL caliber coach. How many teams do you think would drop their coach for a chance to bring him in right now?

I'm confident he could have had any of the 7 jobs that were open and then some...

Shock2k

Reaction score
I like nothing more in life then being proven wrong. Has a bunch of benefitial effects around humility and more importantly patience (waiting to see what's going to happen). I did NOT like the Carroll pick. I was dead, flat, stupid wrong.

I like your point. Pete Carroll is in the position to become one of the coaching greats of all time. (not saying he is yet, but the opportunity is there).

canfan

Reaction score
I think Pete is a top notch talent evaluator and a motivator who can get people to buy in on his vision. If he is lacking in any area its as a game day coach. Seems to be more of a "big picture" guy rather than the detail oriented guy that makes a great game manager. That being said, I'm sure happy he's looking after things! If you had told me half way through the Mora year that we would go down to the last 30 seconds against the #1 Seed in 3 years and be pissed because we should have won it...I would have called you nuts!

:179422:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete is a hell of a coach and knows more than any of us, way more. I was 50/50 when he was hired, glad I was very wrong.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
There might not be as many teams as you might think. PC demands complete control over football operations. He allows JS the responsibility and authority he enjoys. But make no mistake PC has final decision making authority.

How many owners and GMs' do you think will allow that?

rastahawk

Reaction score
I jumped for joy when I found out Pete was headed to the PNW. I am pretty proud to gloat about the fact that I thought it was a great move. Didn't have the slightest hesitation about it because I live in LA and I knew what he was all about. I am glad it worked out so far. Still waiting on the Lombardi though.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
If you look at the teams Pete has been fired from, even those teams were decent teams. he has never coached an NFL team that was a bottom-dweller.

He's a good NFL coach.

OP
OP
KARAVARUS

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
v1rotv2":28u4k8ns said:
There might not be as many teams as you might think. PC demands complete control over football operations. He allows JS the responsibility and authority he enjoys. But make no mistake PC has final decision making authority.

How many owners and GMs' do you think will allow that?

I'm not saying every team would throw their man/men out... But results will turn heads. I'd bet more than a handful would give it up for PC.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":ywg0lqf4 said:
There was once talk about him NOT being an NFL caliber coach. How many teams do you think would drop their coach for a chance to bring him in right now?

I'm confident he could have had any of the 7 jobs that were open and then some...

People in this very forum were saying he wasn't an NFL coach just this year.

hawkmanj

Reaction score
He's proven to be a good coach, a good motivator, and has really gotten this team in the right direction.

We were bottom dwellers when he got here filled with many guys who were small, old, and slow.

Pete and John have re-vamped the roster, found a lot of winners, and is exceeding my expectations for where I thought they'd be.

Scary thing is this is year three and we haven't hit the ceiling yet, nor are we near it.

TJH

Reaction score
Not sure, but I think nearly every single team in the league would take our GM.

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
I was 100% behind the pick from the minute I found out! Some people around me thought it was a bad move, he couldn't coach at the NFL level. He would not be able to reach older veteran players with his RAH RAH PROGRAM. It was apperent that the talent eval was so far out in front of what we've had ever! Then the inventive D and so on and......

I am so excited for what huge changes we're going to see next year.

2012 brought us one of biggest talents in the game! Take that all you pundits that slammed Pete for the RW draft!!!!

Can't wait!

The Battle #83

Reaction score
Some of our "fans" don't deserve him because they doubted him. They should go be fans of other teams especially after giving up against the Falcons and blaming the loss on Carroll. The game isnt over until the fat lady sings. Get out fake fans

chris98251

Reaction score
The Battle #83":1z3xf8xd said:
Some of our "fans" don't deserve him because they doubted him. They should go be fans of other teams especially after giving up against the Falcons and blaming the loss on Carroll. The game isnt over until the fat lady sings. Get out fake fans

All 121 posts and this is what you think, a lot of us doubted whether his methods would work with Veteran Pro players, I don't think anyone thought he wasn't a good football guy.

Then again most of us came clean and were impressed with the way he came about inplementing his system.

I suppose those that doubted Mora, Holmgren, Erickson,Flores, Patera,Knox were not real fans either during those eras

Pete made three calls for sure that changed the outcome of that game, 2 fourth down calls and the iceing the kicker call. Hind sight is perfect. During the season many times all or any one of those were working. If we get that first down he's gutsy and confident, fail and he's a goat, if the Kicker would have made the first kick and missed the second he's a genius.

In this case things didn't work out so he's the goat instead of the hero for a day. Then again everything after 7 - 9 this year was a bonus, winning 11 games and going to the playoffs bonus, winning in Washington Bonus, trying to be the first team since the 89 Rams to win two play off games bonus, we just didn't get that one.

All this stuff with rookie QB that everyone thought would be at best a back up that he spoon fed till he was ready to take the full load.

Pete has made mistakes before and admitted them, he made calls this last weekend and defended them as his choices, I appreciate someone that will stand up and not make excuses for something not working.

Latest posts