Dan Quinn is the new defensive coordinator

Rainger

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":33gf88lz said:
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks
Seahawks name Dan Quinn defensive coordinator to replace Gus Bradley.
Is this good or bad??? Wasnt DQ with us when our D was at its worst?

Have to admit I am not down cause I just cant remember. So this question is asked to find info not to get bashed.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Good. I'm glad they announced it basically right away, so it doesn't look like they were debating who it would be.

themunn

Reaction score
Damn that was fast, obviously had already agreed it if Bradley went.

Good choice

JKent82

Reaction score
Awesome! That was uhh, quick. Great to get him back though, D-line expertise and I think it's good from a teaching aspect to get a coach who's recently been in the college ranks. Plus he knows college prospects right now. Has some connections.

Future head coach to boot.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Smart move for everyone involved, Quinn knows that the personnel is good here, he has cred for Florida's D in the SEC, a few good years in Seattle and he will have a sweet choice for head coach somewhere. Seattle doesn't have to alter the rest of the defense or reshuffle the coaching assistants too much and gets a good candidate to take over.

Happy

Reaction score
Works for me.

They crapped the bed in the bowl game, but he had that gator defense playing some very good football last year, well above what was expected from the unit.

GCrow

Reaction score
Hopefully big Red can recover and Quinn can get the best outta him again

bellyfat

Reaction score
Damn I heard about bringing back Quinn before I heard about Bradley leaving.

mistaowen

Reaction score
This is the perfect signing IMO. He knows our team/scheme and is a great DL coach. We should see great improvement in that area. PC's speciality is the secondary so hopefully this means we get back to jamming the hell out of wide receivers at the line and getting some serious pressure with blitzes.

What he did in Florida defensively is also impressive being in the SEC against a lot of good running teams.

Axx

Reaction score
it's like Pete knew they were getting rid of him either way and had Dan Quinn anyway.
I would love to see lovie smith but he will probably keep looking for a head coach job.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
In my ideal scenario they would have promoted from within, but I trust in PC/JS. This has to be a blow to some of Pete's defensive underlings that were certainly hoping for a promotion to that DC slot. Hopefully it doesn't sour any of them on the hawks' pipeline system.

Regardless, I have high hopes for Quinn's abilities and feel it's a quality hire based solely on the merits of Quinn himself.