Flynn to Jax?

Sac

Reaction score
Gus knows what he can do, and he's pretty clearly ahead of anyone else in Jax. Draft crop for QBs isn't stellar and we're in a win now league?

Do you thing Gus will make a trade for Flynn?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I just hope Schneider would be able to get a 1st or 2nd for him then, since Gus knows how good he really is and all.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2d1klm71 said:
Matt Flynn to Jax and I would like us to draft Matt Barkley with the 25th overall pick of this draft.
Did you forget the :sarcasm_off: at the end of your statement?

Killa Kam

Reaction score
How is he clearly ahead of anyone in Jax? He has yet to show that he is anything more than a great back up, I doubt he's any better than Henne

CANHawk

Reaction score
Don't think it's Gus's decision to make. They have a new GM there already and it looks to be more of a traditional coach/GM relationship where the GM wears the bigger hat.

That being said, it's a win now league and they need a flippin quarterback. I'd trade them Flynn, but no discounts. Make them give us Alualu and a 3rd or something stupid like that.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Of course Gus would have to go to a franchise entirely bereft of pass rushing talent. That's right, Jax finished DEAD LAST in the NFL in sacks during the regular season at a pathetic 20. Alualu was their sack leader, recording a whopping 3.5 sacks...

Still, I'll take that from a DT.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
HawkFan72":11hkc48a said:
I just hope Schneider would be able to get a 1st or 2nd for him then, since Gus knows how good he really is and all.

Its all about supply and demand. Doesnt matter the max the Jags would give up if its over market value

entropyrulesall

Reaction score

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":2zsgdel7 said:
Hawkfan77":2zsgdel7 said:
SeahawksFanForever":2zsgdel7 said:
Matt Flynn to Jax and I would like us to draft Matt Barkley with the 25th overall pick of this draft.

No he must have been reading Hawk Blogger. It's an interesting idea but not for our Superbowl caliber team. http://www.hawkblogger.com/2013/01/early-thoughts-on-trading-matt-flynn.html?m=1

Oh I haven't read that article yet but I will now. Thanks for the link.

CANHawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2hzg3g8i said:
Of course Gus would have to go to a franchise entirely bereft of pass rushing talent. That's right, Jax finished DEAD LAST in the NFL in sacks during the regular season at a pathetic 20. Alualu was their sack leader, recording a whopping 3.5 sacks...

I don't profess to watch a ton of Jags games (just like most people in Jacksonville <rimshot>) but Alualu looks like he brings a TON of pressure up the middle. We need that (desperately) and at 295 he's big enough to play 3 downs and stuff the run.

I'd be thrilled to hear we worked out some kind of trade involving Flynn for Alualu.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
CANHawk":2c0qatwl said:
CodeWarrior":2c0qatwl said:

I don't profess to watch a ton of Jags games (just like most people in Jacksonville <rimshot>) but Alualu looks like he brings a TON of pressure up the middle. We need that (desperately) and at 295 he's big enough to play 3 downs and stuff the run.

I'd be thrilled to hear we worked out some kind of trade involving Flynn for Alualu.

I'm pretty sure that Gus, being a defensive guy, wouldn't go for it. He knows who the best players on the D are there and he's not going to trade one of them away.

edogg23

Reaction score
Barkley is a real wild card in all of this. He is the one player that Pete has a crush on even more than Wilson. Pete might have a hard time passing on him if he is still on the board. How crazy would that be having another QB competition next training camp.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":5sa8j1up said:
Hawkfan77":5sa8j1up said:
SeahawksFanForever":5sa8j1up said:

No he must have been reading Hawk Blogger. It's an interesting idea but not for our Superbowl caliber team. http://www.hawkblogger.com/2013/01/early-thoughts-on-trading-matt-flynn.html?m=1
Just did, pretty ridiculous actually.

You don't draft a guy in the 1st round to be trade bait later on. Teams don't waste 1st round picks like that because how is he supposed to bring enough back to warrant that waste when he's a backup?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I was listening to Mitch in the Morning today and they had a report from Jax on for an interview and he said that they are already talking about targeting Alan Branch over there, and that they likely would be interested in any players the hawks would send them, including Flynn.

It will be interesting to see if Branch proves to be a hot commodity in free agency.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Branch could have some value, but I'm guessing it would be as a 1 tech not a 3 tech

Latest posts