Where I think Losing Bradley will hurt the most

HawkFan72

Reaction score
In-game adjustments.

Seems like most of the year, there was a vast difference between how the D played in the 1st half and the 2nd half. While teams would move the ball on the Hawks in the first quarter, they would usually clamp down and figure out the opposition's game plan.

So many times it seemed like our D would shut out the opposing team in the 2nd half, or just hold them to 1 or 2 scores (that score would usually be at the end of the game).

I think Bradley was a huge part of that, and that's the area I think we'll miss him most. The Hawks over the last 2 years, and especially this year, made in-game adjustments on Defense like no other Hawks team I can remember.

I really hope that coaches other than Gus were the main ones behind that.

pehawk

Reaction score
Yup, he DID call the plays. No matter what people say about him being a stepford DC, it's just noise. Gus called the plays.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
This might be true because we don't know who makes adjustments on either side of the ball. if Gus is that guy then his loss will be felt.

I know it for sure that Tom Cable is the one making half time adjustments for the offense because Doug Baldwin said it in one of his interviews.

pehawk

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":3ch07woj said:
This might be true because we don't know who makes adjustments on either side of the ball. if Gus is that guy then his loss will be felt.

I know it for sure that Tom Cable is the one making half time adjustments for the offense because Doug Baldwin said it in one of his interviews.

Shh, English and his crew like to point out how stupid anyone who rips Bevell is, even though I used this as evidence and logic behind my distrust. Dont bring up stuff like that, for real. Dummy!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
We never made adjustments that worked before Pete got here.

I am inclined to believe that will continue with Gus gone.

NYCoug

Reaction score
pehawk":17e9n5fg said:
SeahawksFanForever":17e9n5fg said:

Shh, English and his crew like to point out how stupid anyone who rips Bevell is, even though I used this as evidence and logic behind my distrust. Dont bring up stuff like that, for real. Dummy!

Basically, all the people claiming that Pete calls the plays on defense can walk away now. Do you seriously think the Jaguars would hire a guy, the same day they interviewed him for the first time, if he wasn't calling the shots? Insert Jaguars joke here but still, this an NFL franchise entrusting their future in a man.

I'll always laugh and smile when I think of the people who claimed that Pete Carroll calls the plays on D.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
pehawk":5111qb2v said:
SeahawksFanForever":5111qb2v said:

This isn't entirely correct. There are very little "half-time" adjustments made at half-time. This is a myth that fans and media like to use. First, PC has said numerous times A) We didn't really do any adjustments, we just executed better in the 2nd half. (Go listen to a number of his Monday appearances with Brock and Salk and you'll here him say this throughout the year-- Even though Brock and Salk specifically ask about Half-time adjustments)

B) PC also said on Brock and Salk that if you "wait" until halftime your doomed. That adjustments are made between series.

C) Ross Tucker on the FOOTBALL TODAY PODCAST--- Stated: That fans have a incorrect impression that there's these huge adjustments made at halftime-- That Coordinators are coaching up and going into great detail during halftime. He says there barely enough time to take a leak get a drink of water. Sure the coach may give a "get out there an win the game" pep talk. But there isn't sweeping gameplan changes that they draw up in the lockerroom by and large.

pehawk

Reaction score
My point still stands, that by the players and Pete's own quotes, Cable appears to be the point guy offensively. Now, the "smart" people dont like to hear that, because they'd rather feel superior by talking down to anyone who criticizes Bevell.

CANHawk

Reaction score
NYCoug":2pjvwccg said:
pehawk":2pjvwccg said:
SeahawksFanForever":2pjvwccg said:

Basically, all the people claiming that Pete calls the plays on defense can walk away now. Do you seriously think the Jaguars would hire a guy, the same day they interviewed him for the first time, if he wasn't calling the shots? Insert Jaguars joke here but still, this an NFL franchise entrusting their future in a man.

I'll always laugh and smile when I think of the people who claimed that Pete Carroll calls the plays on D.

Very true, but it IS an NFL franchise that's owned by Super Mario.
jacksonville-jaguars-OWNER-shahid-khan.jpg

Giant red polka dot mushrooms might very well be the next big PED.

NYCoug

Reaction score
What an F'N 'Stache! I'd seriously trade Paul Allen for this man! What an F'N stache!

pehawk

Reaction score
I dont know why, but I bet Kahn gives really good haircuts.

CANHawk

Reaction score
NYCoug":2qtovfbl said:
What an F'N 'Stache! I'd seriously trade Paul Allen for this man! What an F'N stache!

I do not agree with this statement, but I would endeavor to convince Mr. Allen that growing a killer moustache would be benneficial for all mankind.

NYCoug

Reaction score
CANHawk":27av9t3x said:
NYCoug":27av9t3x said:

I do not agree with this statement, but I would endeavor to convince Mr. Allen that growing a killer moustache would be benneficial for all mankind.

I do not agree with the statement either, but my god what a stache! I'll bet the damn mortgage (don't have one) that if Paul Allen grew that kind of a killer stache we'd win the friggin Super Bowl! I'm honestly surprised that it's taken him this long to come up with the idea...

Happy

Reaction score
CANHawk":28aqt48d said:
NYCoug":28aqt48d said:

Very true, but it IS an NFL franchise that's owned by Super Mario.
jacksonville-jaguars-OWNER-shahid-khan.jpg

Giant red polka dot mushrooms might very well be the next big PED.

Shad Kahn is a pretty amazing guy. Don't let the goofy mustache fool you, he's a self made billionaire, more in the mold of Paul Allen than the clique of silver spoon kids who are owners in the league. If his new GM thinks that Bradley is the best choice to be the head coach and he signed off on it I think that's pretty solid endorsement, at least from an organizational standpoint.

Twisted

Reaction score
yea Bradley was huge in the second half of the Falcs game when it counted against the ONLY option the Falcons had... can you say double team those 2, 3 man rush, spy?

Falcs shouldnt have even got a first down after the kick, which should have been buried

if Bradley was worth his weight the Hawks would have went 16-0, they're that good!

pehawk

Reaction score
CanHawks, I really like the new avatar of Te'o's girlfriend during those chemo months. Glad to see I'm not the only one who still thinks she's real.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1mwr800e said:
In-game adjustments.

Seems like most of the year, there was a vast difference between how the D played in the 1st half and the 2nd half. While teams would move the ball on the Hawks in the first quarter, they would usually clamp down and figure out the opposition's game plan.

So many times it seemed like our D would shut out the opposing team in the 2nd half, or just hold them to 1 or 2 scores (that score would usually be at the end of the game).

I think Bradley was a huge part of that, and that's the area I think we'll miss him most. The Hawks over the last 2 years, and especially this year, made in-game adjustments on Defense like no other Hawks team I can remember.

I really hope that coaches other than Gus were the main ones behind that.
disagree, it took him too long to make in game adjustments see the playoffs where it took him a quarter to a half to make in game adjustments. I'm glad his soft zone schemes and him are gone. Nothing personal, just think he is a crappy DC.

NYCoug

Reaction score
pehawk":fm35nhw6 said:
CanHawks, I really like the new avatar of Te'o's girlfriend during those chemo months. Glad to see I'm not the only one who still thinks she's real.

You consistently top yourself with "post of the year" material. You seriously make my day brighter. Don't ever stop being you :th2thumbs: