Bradley goes to the Jags

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Bradley goes to the Jags
Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:44 am
  • We play Jacksonville next year. With Bradley's insider knowledge, what should be an easy game just got a bit tougher.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:46 am
  • Best of luck to Gus. Any HC job is a place to start. Hopefully the owner gives him a decent shot and he can at least get their D firing. A lot depends on who he can get for an OC and whether or not they can do anything at the QB spot.

Almost salivating to see who PC brings in. We are a VERY attractive DC position right now. In a great spot to find a really great DC.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:46 am
  • HawksSoc wrote:On the article on the subject on nfl.com;
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... uars-coach

It states that the Hybrid system we run was Bradley's thing, "Bradley favored", I was under the impression this was Pete's system?

Also go go Jason Babin to be Bradley's new Leo!

This article is wrong on msny becsuse it is Petes defense. I don't know if Gus hsd it as well. I didnt follow North Dakota but Petes run this for years.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:03 am
  • The Jags new GM already stated he wasn't bringing in Tebow. Now the Flynn issue is another story.

Our secondary is gonna be like the Bermuda Triangle this year again boys! 2/3rds of the world is covered by water..... the rest is covered by the LOB!

Made....Laid.....Paid!!!
    nwgamer
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 am
  • HawksSoc wrote:On the article on the subject on nfl.com;

It states that the Hybrid system we run was Bradley's thing, "Bradley favored", I was under the impression this was Pete's system?

The article also says we pressured the quarterback all season.
    Jake Hawks
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:40 am
  • I hope things go well for him in Jacksonville and I'll be rooting for him to succeed. Bradley has done a good job for us, and I'm not sure why some fans are taking the "you didn't dump us, we dumped you!" approach. He will be making a lot more money with more responsibilities and I'm sure the Hawks genuinely wish him the best.
    "Check out my 2012 NFL Draft Grades. I just gave the worst grade ever to Seattle." - WalterFootball.com
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:49 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:We play Jacksonville next year. With Bradley's insider knowledge, what should be an easy game just got a bit tougher.

First thought I had as well...but then I realized we have infinitely more talent than Jacksonville, and that trumps.

Will be interesting to see how they game plan Wilson.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:51 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:We play Jacksonville next year. With Bradley's insider knowledge, what should be an easy game just got a bit tougher.

Nah.

Bradley next year: "Oh shoot, they blitz now."
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:53 am
  • AgentDib wrote:I hope things go well for him in Jacksonville and I'll be rooting for him to succeed. Bradley has done a good job for us, and I'm not sure why some fans are taking the "you didn't dump us, we dumped you!" approach. He will be making a lot more money with more responsibilities and I'm sure the Hawks genuinely wish him the best.

Chicago, Detroit, Miami, and Atlanta
    thebanjodude
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:54 am
  • Another reason for me to root for the Jags in the AFC. They play Seattle this season, so to hell with them for now. They're just so bad I can't root against them in most cases. Like a sad dog in the rain.
    ParisPC07
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 am
  • Best of luck to Gus. He obviously has some juice with those in the know around the NFL. Lurie would have signed him in Philly if you believe the reports. I think this is a better spot for him than Philly. I bet the press and fans aren't going to give him the grief Kelly will get with the Eagles if things start slow.

The amount of time he spent in Tampa, being back in the Southeastern part of the country should not be a big impact on re-locating his family?

Thought for sure Greg Roman was going to get that job. Surprised the Jags went from Del Rio to Murlarkey and one year later back to a defensive-minded HC. Though with the new GM and 1 yr owner, the past leanings of the team doesn't hold them back going forward. Wonder what the Jags fans think about this hiring?
    Last edited by drdiags on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 am
  • I'm kinda glad hes gone I feel like we would always be one move short with him at the helm of DC. Wish him the best and am excited for someone new, more blitzing please.

Pick the score, Seahawks edition - 1st Season
    http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

"Somehow a second year quarterback was more ready for this game, than a first ballot hall of famer!?"
    -DMac 104.3 Denver The Fan
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Augusta, GA (Road Hawk)

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:20 am
  • I feel we're giving up a good coordinator, but at the same time I think someone else can come in there and do just as good a job, especially if they use our fast LBs to blitz more. Losing Gus Bradley shouldn't hurt this D too much.

Frankly, one of the other things that bothered me about Gus Bradley is that his players never seem to get many fumbles. I'd like to see Lovie Smith come in here and change all that since he was a master of it in Chicago. Sure, he might only be here for a year or two but I'd like that kind of culture to be instilled here and passed on to the next guy who is trained under his wing...like Ken Norton.
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 am
  • Not gonn lie.....I was kinda hopong that Gus would return for continuity sack mainly since since Pete has gotten here we have had a high level of coach turnover and eventually it will hurt us. This is that instance where I think it will hurt more than people think it will.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:00 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:Not gonn lie.....I was kinda hopong that Gus would return for continuity sack mainly since since Pete has gotten here we have had a high level of coach turnover and eventually it will hurt us. This is that instance where I think it will hurt more than people think it will.

Yeah, if the D falls off out of the Top 10 next year, a lot of people are going to go into panic mode and say Gus was the only reason we were good (for the record, I think Pete is the main guy and that losing Gus won't hurt too bad, but you know how people will respond if there is a drop-off).

Continuity is better, IMO. Sad to see him go.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 am
  • I am bummed that he's gone. He is a good coach that the players loved to play for. Yes, this is Pete's D but I really think that those of you that are dismissing this as a good thing are wrong. I trust Pete in finding his successor but I just don't think he is as bad as some make him out to be. I'm happy for him and wish him luck. Pete, go find us a good one...

Almost forgot- I AM sooooo happy that Gus didn't get the Cards gig.
    travlinhawk
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:15 am
  • I truly like Gus, think he did a terrific job for us and I wish him well in the swamp. That being said, please go get Dan Quinn to sign up here at your next earliest convenience.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:34 am
  • The defensive scheme changed entirely when Pete got here. Was the "Bandit" a Jim Mora innovation or Gus Bradley's?

Those game changing halftime adjustments also belong to Pete.

A head coaching gig is great and I wish Gus the best.

I want someone that can blitz or challenge Pete to do things like the Choas LB/DE role that GB Bay uses.
    Irvin would be great at that.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 am
  • Alright, this is fine. Hopefully we will keep Bevell now. That's who I really want to keep because I feel like he had a good rhythm going with the offense at the end of the year.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:51 am
  • Am i the only one that finds it funny that all of the credit goes to Pete but all of the Defense's blame goes to Bradley. I don't believe this is all that big of a loss because the system we run is mostly Pete's but to put the blame of our Defensive lapses strictly at the hand of Bradley is wrong imo.
    Killa Kam
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:58 am
  • Congratulations to Gus. He was a part of the Seahawks defense before Pete got to Seattle and impressed Pete enough to earn the right to stay. He took one of the worst defenses in the league and turned it in to one of the best in the league. If Gus is given a good GM to work with, I think he'll do very well and I wish him the best except when the Jags play the Seahawks.

As for the next DC, I have faith in the Seahawk front office to make a good hire. I'm sure that most defensive coordinators do better when they are given good players to work with so it won't matter who they hire because John Schneider has already given the next guy a lot of really good players to work with.

Here's to hoping we see some pressure on QBs next season. :thirishdrinkers:
    Last edited by rideaducati on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    rideaducati
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:58 am
  • Think about the ties to nick holt.. I just shivered.. Please be Quinn.. Of Course just lke the draft we may have a WTF moment and then half way through next year we will all be like "I never doubted, oh pete and JS we love you..... slurp slurp.. just sayin
    "Go Hawks" Russlemainia
    Adopt a Rookie - Jackson Jeffcoat
    SeaHawk80
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:00 am
  • Killa Kam wrote:Am i the only one that finds it funny that all of the credit goes to Pete but all of the Defense's blame goes to Bradley. I don't believe this is all that big of a loss because the system we run is mostly Pete's but to put the blame of our Defensive lapses strictly at the hand of Bradley is wrong imo.

But that's what lackeys are for!
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:07 am
  • Mandu wrote:
    Aristotle22 wrote:Lovie

???????

Exactly what I was thinking
    Aristotle22
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:22 am

Nope, a soft zone - prevent defense is easily beatable!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:27 am
  • Jake Hawks wrote:
    HawksSoc wrote:On the article on the subject on nfl.com;

The article also says we pressured the quarterback all season.

Yeah that was one of my favorite quotes of that, after I finished reading it earlier I just sighed and stuck it up here so my .net brethren could tear it asunder!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 am

WE ARE NOT LOSING AT HOME.
    bellyfat
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:34 am
  • I must be the only one who has been pretty darn unhappy with our defense for a while?

All anyone talks about is how great Seattle's defense is. Is that really true? How many games did the offense lose us vs how many games did the defense lose us? You can really only pin ONE lose on the offense, and that was Week 1.

The fact that Sherman and Thomas, and to a lesser extent Browner, Chancellor, Wagner, Clemons are such amazing individual players has masked the fact that our defense (schematically mostly) has been average at best most of the time. Don't get me wrong, the defense has had some amazing games, but usually against dysfunctional teams.

Clearly our line is the biggest problem followed by the linebackers and don't forget the nickel corner spot.

Wheres the turnovers? Wheres the pass rush? Whats going on with 3rd down?
    CaptainSkybeard
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:36 am
  • nwgamer wrote:The Jags new GM already stated he wasn't bringing in Tebow. Now the Flynn issue is another story.

He can say whatever he wants. He still works for the owner and the owner needs to sell tix. Tebow will sell tix.......for a while.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:45 am
  • CaptainSkybeard wrote:I must be the only one who has been pretty darn unhappy with our defense for a while?

All anyone talks about is how great Seattle's defense is. Is that really true? How many games did the offense lose us vs how many games did the defense lose us? You can really only pin ONE lose on the offense, and that was Week 1.

The fact that Sherman and Thomas, and to a lesser extent Browner, Chancellor, Wagner, Clemons are such amazing individual players has masked the fact that our defense (schematically mostly) has been average at best most of the time. Don't get me wrong, the defense has had some amazing games, but usually against dysfunctional teams.

Clearly our line is the biggest problem followed by the linebackers and don't forget the nickel corner spot.

Wheres the turnovers? Wheres the pass rush? Whats going on with 3rd down?

You can MAYBE pin the Rams game on special teams, no way can you put it on the defense though, essentially gave up 4 field goals, 2 of 58 and 60 yards and the other of 48 yards, despite shortened fields due to 2 interceptions (the third didn't really impact the score in the end).

I think that game is on the offense, moreso than the Arizona game where the defense allowed Kolb to breeze his way to a TD
    and someone has to take the blame for SF. No matter how good your defense is, you don't win games when you score 6 points.
    Unless you're playing a Charlie Whitehurst/Justin Forsett tag team
    themunn
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:58 am
  • bellyfat wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:We play Jacksonville next year. With Bradley's insider knowledge, what should be an easy game just got a bit tougher.

WE ARE NOT LOSING AT HOME.

Or on the road.
    WAR BEAVER!!
    CANHawk
    * Gangnameister *

Next

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information