Best Seahawks team ever?

DJS425

Reaction score
Lots of people (not necessarily here) said this is/was the best Seahawks team ever. Agreed? Not I. The funnest to watch hell yes I've seen bad teams and really good teams (2005) and still think the 2005 team was the best ever. If they made the Super Bowl and lost, sure maybe but does anyone still think this is the best team we've had? The 2005 team was amazing! Clutch, balanced and downright good! A finesse team. This year we are all that except clutch. Yes we had some amazing come backs but Ive never seen a team fold and lose the game so many times when they should have won. Literally every loss was due to the lack of closing. I'm sure many will disagree with me but games like AZ Detroit Miami and STL were literally lost in the last minute. Hell, even the SF loss we folded in the end. The reason being is youth and that's a good reason to choke I guess. Young guys need to learn how to finish and I think they will with experience. This team was so damn good but couldn't finish thus this is where we sit today

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Your forgetting that that 2005 team had 2 playoff games at home. If we held on for 30 more seconds and beat ATL than I'd say without a doubt this was the best team. I don't beleive that 2005 team would have won on the road in the playoffs.

Just looking at the regular season this was the 3rd best season in Seahawks history.

I'd still give 2005 the edge for getting to the SUper Bowl. 2013 will be better than 2012. I guess this season proves more than anything the importance of home field advantage in the playoffs. Something hopefully we can do in 2013.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
This was as rabid as I've been since 2005. So for me, this is at least equal to that one. And the excitement of having the best secondary in the league, including the best corner in the league who is only in his second year, and having a top-notch MLB who just finished his rookie year, AND having found our long-awaited franchise QB in the 3rd round, this season tops them all simply for the promise of tomorrow. I am more excited for the 2013 season than I was for the season following 2005.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
If only the falcons had Romo as their field goal holder we might have made it.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I think maybe so. Things just didn't quite pan out this year. If the team can remain relatively injury free next season, I think the '13 Hawks will be the better than '05. I can tell you one thing though - this is the first time since '05 that I felt that once we had the ball we were going to score, and that the other team wouldn't be able to stop it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The 2005 team would have lost on the road I'm afraid.

I think this team is the best solely because this team knows how to fight through adversity while the 2005 team folded when tough times hit in XL. I never saw the determination fold in this team. Anyone really think the 2005 team would have responded the same way when we were down 20-0 at halftime against Atlanta?

Rainger

Reaction score
Have watched this team for 37 years. The 05 team was good but had the weakest schedule in the league and then 2 home games against weak teams (in relation to today) The 05 team could not beat this team 3out of 10 times.

Yes, this is the best team in Seahawks history, unfortuantly also the most painfull devestating loss in Seahawk history not counting the Game where the Refs took away a SB.

kearly

Reaction score
Can you imagine the 2012 team playing 2005's schedule? :3:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JSeahawks":25oi5rfr said:
Leroy Hill said this team is at least a touchdown better then the 2005 team. I trust his opinion.

Then that means this team didn't live up to it's potential.

"Best" is a subjective word. Best to me takes into account;

- talent
- record
- Superbowl

Maybe in 10 years when we have a bigger body of evidence to determine the talent part I'll change my mind. But as of today the 2005 team has two future Hall of Famers, won the NFC West, was 13-3, won the NFC Championship and went to the Superbowl............"best" in every category.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
The 1986 team was the best Hawks team in my view. I stand by that. Look at the roster from top to bottom. Conservative coaching in the last 4 weeks cost them a Superbowl. They were the best team in the league at a time when the league was very tough from top to bottom. It was prior to the next expansion, and the Hawks beat the Giants in a slugfest and were clearly a stronger defensive team. Dave Krieg's hot and cold nature and Knox's penchant for establishing the run game with 3 or 4 minutes left were the hard part. But that team was great. Better than 2005 in my view, and if they had been in the NFC would have rolled to a Superbowl win.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I suspect Blue Talon will agree with me and others around back then may as well......at the end of the season, the '86 team was the best Seahawks team I've ever seen. They rolled the Donkeys (something like 41-17) who made the SB that season and beat the Vagiants who won it.

EDIT: Posted this before seeing Shark's post right above mine. We agree obviously. :D
By the way Shark, are you sure it wasn't the miuddle of the season that was the problem. I know for sure they rolled Denver the last game of the season.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":zgkkdj5d said:
The 1986 team was the best Hawks team in my view. I stand by that. Look at the roster from top to bottom. Conservative coaching in the last 4 weeks cost them a Superbowl. They were the best team in the league at a time when the league was very tough from top to bottom. It was prior to the next expansion, and the Hawks beat the Giants in a slugfest and were clearly a stronger defensive team. Dave Krieg's hot and cold nature and Knox's penchant for establishing the run game with 3 or 4 minutes left were the hard part. But that team was great. Better than 2005 in my view, and if they had been in the NFC would have rolled to a Superbowl win.

I assume you mean 4 weeks in the middle of the season, rather than the last 4 weeks. That team won its last 5 pretty convincingly.

For the record, this year's team allowed fewer points, scored more points, and played just as difficult a schedule as that 1986 team. :mrgreen:

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry. I meant to say that they hit that 4 game patch later on that killed them. I knew it wasn't the last 4 weeks. I knew it was 4 weeks though, and I knew it wasn't at the beginning of the season. They were playing great, hit a skid, and then were playing the best ball in the NFL but failed to qualify for the playoffs which was a real tragedy. Every team in the league breathed a serious sigh of relief when they didn't qualify for the playoffs. i think they would have rolled everybody and easily won the Superbowl, and so did most major writers. As I said before, some people had them ranked as the best team in the league at the end of the regular season, yet they didn't make the playoffs.

I compare that team to this year, where if they had just gotten it together for one little week, then things would have been much different. That 4 game skid killed them, but I believe Easley was injured at different points as that was his last full season and he was essentially playing with a half of a kidney and other injuries. That defense was just freaking ridiculous.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
The 2012 team. Granted the defense folded in the last minute in some games...but I really like the ability of this team to come back and win games in the 4th quarter.

warden

Reaction score
1984 team was pretty damn good. Played in an extremely tough division.
The Broncos where 13 and 3 ,
the Raiders were 11 and 5 plus Superbowl champs
I believe the other two team finished 500 or better
Even playing in such a tough division we finished 12 and 4

Our defense that year had 64 TOs, yes 64 turnovers

And they had all this success with Warner on IR. Imagine if he was healthy