Open letter to Seahawks fans

Generic name here

Reaction score
Hi all, Falcons fan here. Let me start by saying that I come in absolute peace and would like to talk a bit about our teams and the game from Sunday.

First off, excellent game. I think we all experienced an absolute roller coaster of emotions on Sunday that only a game like that can offer. It's a rarity. I waited until to day to come over and post this so we could all calm down a bit and try to talk objectively.

Second, I would like to commend your fanbase. For the most part, dealing with you guys last week was a bit of fresh air. Obviously, I know there are bad seeds (as with every team), but overall there were some good football discussions to be had. Not to mention the fact that many of you have stuck with your team through what's been a pretty rough decade (sans the superbowl year). Compared to Saints fans, you guys were great.

Third, I would like to say that I am quite envious of you and your team. You have excellent talent at so many positions, Offense AND Defense. I think a WR upgrade would do your offense absolute wonders, but I only base that comment off of very little exposure to your team. Your talent is very young. That means many great years to come, especially with that QB running the show. We are getting a bit old in several crucial places (CB, TE, and DL). Our window to the SB with this particular crew is probably only open for the rest of whatever season we have left. So, I have some mini-rebuilding years to look forward to watching.

Fourth, can't wait to see you guys next year. Regular season AND playoffs. I think the games our teams play against one another are always phenomenal and I expect that trend to continue.

I hang out on "our" message boards and you are all welcome to come talk football whenever you'd like. I will probably drop by from time to time and hopefully add some substance to whatever conversations may be going on over here.

Cheers.

The Radish

Reaction score
Still chuckling at your user name, lol

Welcome to Seahawks.net And lets hope we be seeing you more than once next season. But one of those games needs to be at our house.

:th2thumbs:

OP
OP
G

Generic name here

Reaction score
The Radish":9cw6mt8z said:

Welcome to Seahawks.net And lets hope we be seeing you more than once next season. But one of those games needs to be at our house.

I'd rather play the regular season at your place, than the postseason.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Thanks for the good words. It was indeed a good game. It seems like the Seahawks put up several emotional roller coaster games this year. I hope that the Falcons cream the niners!

birdman5

Reaction score
The Radish":3jm3c51d said:

Funny user name for sure, right there with one of my favorites of all time "Allthegoodnamesaretaken".

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Good luck the rest of the way, hope you guys destroy the niners!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Thanks man for the classy post. Many of us feel the same way about Falcons fans that you do about Seahawk fans. You guys seem to be really classy and the football discussions have been great.

I'm pulling for the Falcons the rest of the year.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I was at the game and it was raw at first because I got the business in person from your fans. They didn't cross the line or anything, they were just doing normal stuff you do when an opposing fan comes to your house but I was already down by the situation.

After a few days of thinking about it, you guys have waited a long time for that day and, well, congrats. Your team was better over that particular 60 minutes.

I really do hope you beat the 9ers. We really don't want to have to deal with them hanging a Lombardi over our heads for years to come....

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Classy post! Thank you for the recognition and go beat down those Whiners!

GO FALCONS! :49ersmall: :49ersmall: :49ersmall:

Steve2222

Reaction score
Generic name here":2fagfexg said:
Not to mention the fact that many of you have stuck with your team through what's been a pretty rough decade (sans the superbowl year). Compared to Saints fans, you guys were great.

Cheers.

How was it a pretty rough decade?

2003 Wildcard
2004 NFC West Champions
2005 NFC Champions
2006 NFC West Champions with a playoff win
2007 NFC West Champions with a playoff win
2010 NFC West Champions with probably the greatest upset in playoff history
2012 Wildcard with a playoff win

Certainly way more franchises had a worse decade.

Twisted

Reaction score
Generic name here":1as93dzp said:
Fourth, can't wait to see you guys next year. Regular season AND playoffs. I think the games our teams play against one another are always phenomenal and I expect that trend to continue.

I hang out on "our" message boards and you are all welcome to come talk football whenever you'd like. I will probably drop by from time to time and hopefully add some substance to whatever conversations may be going on over here.

Cheers.

Falcons fans just don't get it do they?

NO you dont want to play Seattle ever again at any point in the next decade or two..

do you not know how extremely lucky the Falcons were?

the Hawks will beat you every time at at the Clink, and bad, 8-10 at the very least at the dome..

thats no joke, this team is twice what the falcons and their lazy schedule have become accustomed to, next year Hawks are better, year after that, even better, so on and so on..

Flacco and the Falcs are on the way out, done, lucky to even make the playoffs next year even with that cushy schedule.. why do you think youlose in the playoffs every year? its that schedule, Falcs really aren't a playoff caliber team, they had to play a very young team with a Rookie quarterback and a 3rd year head coach to get there...

funny, trolling the seahawk board claiming the falcs are every bit the team as the Seahawks when you're about to get CRUSHED by the niners.. hilarious

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow Twisted, dude comes in here showing class and you punch him in the nuts. So much for representin'.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Twisted":27myoc3b said:
Flacco and the Falcs are on the way out, done, lucky to even make the playoffs next year even with that cushy schedule..

Flacco? :mrgreen:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Twisted":2udl8xmz said:
Generic name here":2udl8xmz said:

Cheers.

Falcons fans just don't get it do they?

NO you dont want to play Seattle ever again at any point in the next decade or two..

do you not know how extremely lucky the Falcons were?

the Hawks will beat you every time at at the Clink, and bad, 8-10 at the very least at the dome..

thats no joke, this team is twice what the falcons and their lazy schedule have become accustomed to, next year Hawks are better, year after that, even better, so on and so on..

Flacco and the Falcs are on the way out, done, lucky to even make the playoffs next year even with that cushy schedule.. why do you think youlose in the playoffs every year? its that schedule, Falcs really aren't a playoff caliber team, they had to play a very young team with a Rookie quarterback and a 3rd year head coach to get there...

funny, trolling the seahawk board claiming the falcs are every bit the team as the Seahawks when you're about to get CRUSHED by the niners.. hilarious

You say the Seahawks are twice as good as the Falcons yet we lost on Sunday.

He came in peace and gave us recognition and you turn it into a bash on the Falcons and Joe Flacco (? He plays on the Ravens, Einstein). This wasn't even trolling...

Quit being so abrasive and butt-hurt.

OP
OP
G

Generic name here

Reaction score
Twisted":g007yinr said:

It kills me that people's first reaction to us being in the playoffs is because we had "the easiest schedule". However playoff teams, Washington (24th tied with ATL), San Francisco (24th tied with ATL), New England (32nd), Green Bay (31st) and Houston (29th) all either had an easier schedule or a same strength schedule. Yet nobody cares to mention their schedules.

Kinda funny how that selective memory works, isn't it?

I will be back next week. Personally, I like out shot against the 9ers. Rookie QB on the road in the NFCCG. GA Dome hitting 115dB at points.

Also, about that "killer" 9er D....

Seven games on the 49ers schedule were against one of the bottom eight (25th or worse) scoring offenses. These teams included, New York Jets(28), Arizona(31), St Louis(25), and Miami(27). Obviously they played Arizona and St. Louis twice.

Also, when playing top 10 offenses, the 49ers gave up 26.8 points per game. This number jumps to 31.0 if you do not include the first game versus Seattle.

We're #6 in the league in offense, for the record. I'll see ya Sunday evening. :th2thumbs: