Can't let it go: Late snap end of 1st half was in time

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Just watched the replay frame-by-frame. Seems to me the ball is in Wilson's hand 1 frame with the time at 0:01.

Even for those that might not agree, at the very least why not let the play run and then review it?

Not lined up properly? Fine then call a penalty. I didn't see anyone moving at the snap.

Not sure why the play doesn't get more attention than it has. It's a touchdown IMO.
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• The officials keep the official time. The game clock on the screen can be slightly off. They mentioned this in the Rams game I think.
    Jake Hawks
    NET Starter

• pretty sure the explanation is the broadcast clock and the actual in-house game clock were out of synch. That or maybe the ball was snapped withou our guys getting lined up properly.

not sure.

i was in a state of shock at that point.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Jake Hawks wrote:The officials keep the official time. The game clock on the screen can be slightly off. They mentioned this in the Rams game I think.

Alright fair point I guess. But come on... it's 2013. We can have virtual first down lines on the broadcast. Why not the official time?
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• The first down lines aren't official either.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Yeah, it's too bad these kinda plays aren't reviewable during the game. Maybe could have been over turned. I personally haven't given the play much attention.
    How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they will all show and talk about how good the old one was...
    hawker232
    NET Rookie

• BlueTalon wrote:The first down lines aren't official either.

Witty but beside the point. Anyone think the technology to put the "official time" on the screen is not within the NFL's grasp? If it's not the official time it seems to me this is by choice.
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• watching the Gdome clock from my seats in the second row at the 11 yard line on that side of the field...yessir it did expire :pukeface:
    "When you're running at me like that and I'm running at you...It's gonna be a nasty scene" BAMBAM!!
    tooshort
    NET Veteran

• Jake Hawks wrote:The officials keep the official time. The game clock on the screen can be slightly off. They mentioned this in the Rams game I think.

not, the clock in front of the QB is the official time, if the clock in front of the QB is wrong its up to officials to fix it..

lol, you cant have official time and game time be different without allowing payers to see what the official time is as well, thats what the game clock is for..

nice try though

zebras robbed Hawks on more than one occasion but I don't even bother mentioning it anymore, the league wants a failed zebra ran league thats what they get, don't expect my support to be any more than watching games and turning the channel during commercials, its purely entertainment for me

I got that way since the very first robbery the officials committed when they said the interception against the oilers in the playoffs way back wasn't an interception, before IR and red flags

it was nothing but an above average poor call that robbed a team of advancing that it certainly deserved all going unsung and ignored by the league..

it was at that point I realized there is a certain amount of corruption in this sport and I don't support or condone corruption, like to see the Hawks win for the players and fans but thats about it for me...

BLAH on the league

on a side note, the deterioration of credible officials in college football is prevalent these days as well, I recently watched 2 post season games and it was just as blatant and miscued as the NFL, again with ZERO mention, at least at certain times some former player announcers will straight say, "that was a horrible call" I only wish they could take it one step further, instead you have idiots at ESPN that ruined any chance of legit officiating by claiming a proper call was improper.. sad and ignorant

I say revoke ESPNs rights to the NFL as a starter.. pathetic and unwatchable IMHO
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

• tooshort wrote:watching the Gdome clock from my seats in the second row at the 11 yard line on that side of the field...yessir it did expire :pukeface:

Thanks that does help me let it go.

But I still don't get why the official time is not on the broadcast.
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• makkapakka wrote:
    BlueTalon wrote:The first down lines aren't official either.

Witty but beside the point. Anyone think the technology to put the "official time" on the screen is not within the NFL's grasp? If it's not the official time it seems to me this is by choice.

He's not being witty at all. What you see on TV is absolutely meaningless. They could put unicorns on the TV, doesn't mean they will help Kaepernick get a new nose.
    I enjoy ruining threads by making them about personal attacks and then commenting about how personal attacks make the other person's argument invalid.

:les:
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• makkapakka wrote:

If they keep the official time on the field, what exactly do you propose? Another flimsy technical link between the refs' timepieces and the scoreboard? And what happens if that fails?

As much as I would love technical perfection (and as much as I think there are a lot of ways that football can be improved technically), this is the sort of thing that just isn't that big of a deal most of the time. Not enough to warrant that amount of trouble and risk it would involve.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Ir doesn't matter. It was said the the O wasn't set and there would have been a penalty anyway and a 10 second runoff ending the quarter anyway.

Not to mention, the only reason the defender bailed on the receiver that caught the ball was because they had already blown it dead. He was standing right by the referee. I watched it several times. As soon as the referees blow it dead he bails and heads across the field. And you can't take a sack in that situation, although to be fair to Wilson the defender was on him so quick he had no time to react.
    fuego
    NET Bench Warmer

• BlueTalon wrote:
    makkapakka wrote:

If they keep the official time on the field, what exactly do you propose? Another flimsy technical link between the refs' timepieces and the scoreboard? And what happens if that fails?

As much as I would love technical perfection (and as much as I think there are a lot of ways that football can be improved technically), this is the sort of thing that just isn't that big of a deal most of the time. Not enough to warrant that amount of trouble and risk it would involve.

Yes, for the sake of the millions of fans watching on TV I propose they muster the technology to put the official time up. If it fails it can say 'Failed' or something. At least then as a viewer I know.
    makkapakka
    NET Practice Squad

• Twisted wrote:
    Jake Hawks wrote:The officials keep the official time. The game clock on the screen can be slightly off. They mentioned this in the Rams game I think.

not, the clock in front of the QB is the official time, if the clock in front of the QB is wrong its up to officials to fix it..

lol, you cant have official time and game time be different without allowing payers to see what the official time is as well, thats what the game clock is for..

nice try though

we're talking about the time on the screen. not what the quarterback sees at the end of the field.
    Jake Hawks
    NET Starter

• makkapakka wrote:Yes, for the sake of the millions of fans watching on TV I propose they muster the technology to put the official time up. If it fails it can say 'Failed' or something. At least then as a viewer I know.

Honestly, why is this a big deal? You brought up the 1st down lines they show on TV -- does it bother you when they remind you that these are unofficial? The only time it's even relevant is if the play is close, and then they take pains to do a measurement on the field, and explain in the broadcast booth that the lines are unofficial. Same thing with time. It's never really an issue until there is split-second timing involved, and then they explain it in the booth and show the replays, etc.

"Mustering the technology" in this case doesn't really benefit the league or the networks at all, and it's not enough of a benefit to most viewers most of the time to justify messing with it.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Leaving aside the misguided notion that the refs somehow robbed us this last week and that in a mystical fantasy world we "should" have won... Isn't it possible that refs make mistakes because they are imperfect and highly fallible and not because of a conspiracy or corruption?

Not saying there's no corruption in the sport but so many of these "screw jobs" are such close plays in real time that it seems ridiculous that we assume they must have been miscalled.

Also, time ran out. No conspiracy or missed call.
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran

• they could have just pretended that the other "official clock " was at 0 to avoid controversy. but who cares

we had the lead with 30 seconds left . and we lost.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

• Twisted wrote:
    Jake Hawks wrote:The officials keep the official time. The game clock on the screen can be slightly off. They mentioned this in the Rams game I think.

nice try though

zebras robbed Hawks on more than one occasion but I don't even bother mentioning it anymore, the league wants a failed zebra ran league thats what they get, don't expect my support to be any more than watching games and turning the channel during commercials, its purely entertainment for me

I got that way since the very first robbery the officials committed when they said the interception against the oilers in the playoffs way back wasn't an interception, before IR and red flags

it was nothing but an above average poor call that robbed a team of advancing that it certainly deserved all going unsung and ignored by the league..

it was at that point I realized there is a certain amount of corruption in this sport and I don't support or condone corruption, like to see the Hawks win for the players and fans but thats about it for me...

BLAH on the league

on a side note, the deterioration of credible officials in college football is prevalent these days as well, I recently watched 2 post season games and it was just as blatant and miscued as the NFL, again with ZERO mention, at least at certain times some former player announcers will straight say, "that was a horrible call" I only wish they could take it one step further, instead you have idiots at ESPN that ruined any chance of legit officiating by claiming a proper call was improper.. sad and ignorant

I say revoke ESPNs rights to the NFL as a starter.. pathetic and unwatchable IMHO

What? What the hell does any of this even mean? The clock in front of the QB? The post you quoted is talking about the TV clock and the official game clock possibly being off-sync. The official game clock expired. We didn't get screwed. The game was well officiated in my opinion. We didn't play well enough in the first 3 quarters to win and that's all there is to it. Had the offense not made so many errors, we likely would have won. had the defense been able to make stops in the first 3 quarters, we would have won. Had the defense been able to defend the pass to Tony Gonzalez, we would have won.

The game clock expiring was the result of Sweezy giving up the sack on 3rd down.
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

• For about the 20th time, the offensive line was not set at the snap so there was no play. if that had been called there would have been a 10 second runoff,,,(game over).

:roll:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:For about the 20th time, the offensive line was not set at the snap so there was no play. if that had been called there would have been a 10 second runoff,,,(game over).

:roll:

THANK YOU
    Colt 45 and two zig zags.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:23 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information