Zach Miller

arghawkfan

Reaction score
Devastated by the loss on Sunday needless to say, however, i was wondering that if we had won against Atlanta, would Zach Miller be out for the rest of the playoffs with his foot injury? I know he took a painkiller to come back in the game, but he tore something i can't spell in his foot and i wonder if he would've been available to us in the 49'ers game, and if not, that would have greatly weakened our run game and taken away one of Russell's main targets over the last few weeks.

Thoughts?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Too hard to say without fully knowing the extent of his injuries. Had he been unable to go in SF, that would have been a huge blow, especially considering how hot he got for us in the post season.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I've had plantar fasciitis (which Red dealt with this season), and it can be unbearably painful to walk on.

I can't imagine tearing it and trying to play like he did. Big OUCH.

drdiags

Reaction score
Miller claims he would have been able to play this week. Said he had played before when this happened to him, so he knew he could play on it and through the pain (happened to the other foot is what I think I heard him say, not sure when).

Would have been fun to find out.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Can't remember who said it, but someone close to the situation said that Miller came in on crutches unable to walk the next day. HOWEVER, he would've been good to go this weekend.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Explains to me why he runs the way he does. He one of those that needs to learn how to fall - it's like watching a Giant Sequoia go down when he gets tackled.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
All in know is that Zach came up HUGE for us in the playoffs and hope to see that carry onto next season as well. He is just too good of a player.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
razgriz737":9cnsgdg4 said:
Can't remember who said it, but someone close to the situation said that Miller came in on crutches unable to walk the next day. HOWEVER, he would've been good to go this weekend.

On Monday on Movin' the Chains NFL Radio, Pete said that Miller was on crutches.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The 2nd half of the Atlanta game showed us what this offense could do every game if it really wanted to.

Russell has the arm, our receivers are good enough, our O-line is good enough.

This team can score 30+ points every game.

I firmly believe that.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":205blovy said:
The 2nd half of the Atlanta game showed us what this offense could do every game if it really wanted to.

I firmly believe that.

WRs still need to work on getting separation, especially when the play breaks down. There were WAY too many plays this season when Wilson had all day in the pocket and nobody could get open. It was nice to see Tate break off his route and come back towards him to help in the Falcons game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":55gkkl0a said:
onanygivensunday":55gkkl0a said:

I firmly believe that.

WRs still need to work on getting separation, especially when the play breaks down. There were WAY too many plays this season when Wilson had all day in the pocket and nobody could get open. It was nice to see Tate break off his route and come back towards him to help in the Falcons game.

Yes, this happens too often. We need another big body..preferably one that can get some separation as well. I think passes would go Sidney's way even more if he showed he was more willing to fight for the ball. We need some big, tough freaks like Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson or Andre Johnson.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":343ykbuk said:
I've had plantar fasciitis (which Red dealt with this season), and it can be unbearably painful to walk on.

I have too; it's worst when you wake, excruciating getting to the bathroom, especially if it's urgent.

The Radish

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":47ofu9pn said:
FlyingGreg":47ofu9pn said:

I have too; it's worst when you wake, excruciating getting to the bathroom, especially if it's urgent.

Aww yeah, been there and done that for more than 2 years. Especially if you've been on it and got it loosened up, then sit and let it cool, its beyond belief how damned painful it is.

I've explained methods of treating it in the past but will do so again. I've done all of these by the way and none of them worked for me. Same doctor that just did surgery on my foot back in November.

First thing is tape it, They have a certain way of putting the tape in strips that take some of the stress away from the planter facia. Next, give you shots directly in the heel. I've heard others say its hurt like hell but I didn't think it was bad. I live 4 blocks from the foot doctor and the shot didn't last long enough for me to walk home. lol

Then they go to special fitted instep liners. This is what fixed Grant Wistrom, but it takes more than a week to get that done.

As I said none of those worked for me. My sister had a friend that treated it with diclofenac an anti inflamatory. I went to the doctor, got a perscription for it and it cured me in about 2 hours. That was the day of the grand opening of the Monroe Street Bridge here and I spent about 3 hours walking around that bridge with no pain.

In Miller's case I don't think it was torn more strained. Torn probably means surgery and a long rehab. I took diclofenic steady for about 6 months, tho cut it down to half a pill a day. Continued on that for about a year and tapered off. Had very little trouble since tho don't walk like I used to. If it flairs up I take half a pill twice a day for about a week and am usually ok.

I think in we old duffers have a higher chance of getting it as you lose the cushioning on the bottom of your feet as you get older. Years of walking at drag strips all over the country, 10 Bloomsdays, and walking about 20 miles a week for pleasure must have all contributed. I really miss a 3-4 mile walk on a nice spring morning. Hopeful of being able to do it again if this damned foot ever gets completely well.

:les:

Latest posts